Mordhau

SHIELDS AND MAULS

2 2
  • 5 May
 Baz

Mauls are simple, there should be no weapon that can one shot unconditionally. Make a level 3 helmet able to withstand a headshot with the maul. Also, decrease thrusting damage, it does too much considering you're just punching them essentially.

SHIELDS
First off, fuck shields (kidding). Kite shield is fine. It's annoying, but makes sense. But the heater shield. f u c k the heater shield. the hitbox for blocking extends MUCH further than the shield itself (hint, it shouldn't) and it only costs 2 equipment points. The targe also costs 2. Why do they cost the same? no fuckin clue.

62 27

The Maul attacks so slow and has so little reach that a onehit IF you actually manage to hit the head really is justified.
As to the trage also costing 2 ... that is actually wierd, it should maybe be lowerd to 1.

16 3
  • 5 May
 Cpt.Blitz

My suggestion is that two-handed battle axes and maces (the shorter reach blunt weapons) should be able to stagger shield blocks on a full swing... the two-handed swords already have a huge advantage over these weapons because their stab is super good and has long reach. Axes have TERRIBLE stab and long swings... easily blocked. Make them more popular by making them stagger or break shields...

I honestly wonder why this isn't a thing already.

2 2
  • 5 May
 Baz

@Mechanicus said:
The Maul attacks so slow and has so little reach that a onehit IF you actually manage to hit the head really is justified.
As to the trage also costing 2 ... that is actually wierd, it should maybe be lowerd to 1.

I was actually suggesting making the heater shield cost more, although targe should be one, or zero tbh, as im still unsure what advantage over parrying with a weapon it has

1082 3385

bah shields are fine ppl that carry them get way to defensive just feint then kick or carry a smaller faster weapon to sneak around their block

455 236

@TombstoneJack said:
bah shields are fine ppl that carry them get way to defensive just feint then kick or carry a smaller faster weapon to sneak around their block

What is feinting someone with a shield going to do? make them laugh harder? XD

Knight 1227 3615
  • 5 May
 Frise

@TombstoneJack said:

Beating a shield in duels is not the issue. The issue is that as soon as someone has a shield in a team situation, they can just hold their block and completely deny the opposing player from doing anything. You can't kick them if there's someone else there, you can't go around their shield if they're backpedalling as long as they have an IQ over 20. Very frequently you can find a single shield user that has played the game for 5 hours survive a 1v4 engagement for about 10 seconds just by holding a button.

62 27

@Frise said:

@TombstoneJack said:

Beating a shield in duels is not the issue. The issue is that as soon as someone has a shield in a team situation, they can just hold their block and completely deny the opposing player from doing anything. You can't kick them if there's someone else there, you can't go around their shield if they're backpedalling as long as they have an IQ over 20. Very frequently you can find a single shield user that has played the game for 5 hours survive a 1v4 engagement for about 10 seconds just by holding a button.

That is the reason of shield. It is a simple deal, you mostly deal less dmg and have to carry a shield arround but in return it is ...
a SHIELD :D

837 1447

Just hit their legs/face or sides.

Oh wait they made shields impenetrable outside of a duel.

Knight 1227 3615
  • 5 May
 Frise

@Mechanicus said:
That is the reason of shield. It is a simple deal, you mostly deal less dmg and have to carry a shield arround but in return it is ...
a SHIELD :D

We all want the shield to be an actual viable option and strategy in the game, but the way it is right now, it just completely gets rid of the fundamental mechanics of the game. Playing with shield isn't fun, you just have to hold it on somebody's face and backpedal a bit while your team takes care of them. Playing against shields isn't fun, because you can only out-stam them, while they get to actually play the game. Meanwhile, new players will crutch heavily on shields and learn none of the game's fundamental concepts, and reach a wall where they will realise they have not progressed a single bit regarding skill, so they will likely just leave rather than have to relearn the game.

The current implementation of shields is cancer and one of the most detrimental issues with the game right now. Shields should be viable, fun to play with/against, and reward skill. If you defend them on their current state it's because you do not understand the issue.

62 27

Two words: Sprint + kick

1 1
 Xitorriu

So what is the solution?i am Sheild player,in the games most players play two hands weapons,then make the shield weak or almost useless to force two-hands to play? the shield in melee have that function

8 7
  • 5 May
 Valqor

LOL piss off, the maul is a meme and doesn't need to be touched. It has god awful swinging speed(the slowest). Has the same range as a fucking SHORT SWORD and it can't combo. It's about near unusable as it is, take away its ability to
one-shot level 3 helmets and you might as well put it in the trash bin. If you're a noob you will die to this easily, if you are an experienced player this weapon is the easiest to counter and when you find someone on the battlefield with it you rest easy knowing this guy is going to give you an easy kill.

8 7
 Valqor

hmm double post for some reason

8 7
  • 5 May
 Valqor

An easy fix for shields is to just increase the stamina drain when blocking with it. Also, I think weapons need to have stamina damage. At the moment it would seem stamina drain when blocking is set at a fixed rate on the blockers side but instead, it should be set on the weapon being blocked. In no world or game should a dagger drain the same amount of stamina as a battle axe etc.

270 362

I don't know, man. Weapons already have individual stamina drain and parry drain negation. Maybe you should play and understand the game a bit more before you contribute with your brilliant ideas.
Increased stamina drain (i.e. decreased drain negation) on shields also is a shit idea. They can already be beaten in duels. They would still be boring with 0 drain negation.

8 7
  • 7 May
 Valqor

@SWSeriousMike said:
I don't know, man. Weapons already have individual stamina drain and parry drain negation. Maybe you should play and understand the game a bit more before you contribute with your brilliant ideas.
Increased stamina drain (i.e. decreased drain negation) on shields also is a shit idea. They can already be beaten in duels. They would still be boring with 0 drain negation.

Damn dude why all the hostility through the texts, never was an asshole to you why act like that towards me? Anyways like I said in the comment I made I said "seems." So I apologize for not being perfect and having that information wrong maybe I should take better notes from you your majesty(haha jk). Anyways to talk about shields I personally can deal with them 1v1 but it will always take twice as long or longer to kill them than someone not using a shield and if it's 1 guy with a shield with 1 other player... wellllllllll... you're pretty much boned unless those players are serious noobs. I've won plenty of 1v2's, 1v3's even a few 1v4's but none of those situations involved a shield user. Also, get a really good player behind a shield and you have what seems to be a walking miniboss... get a group of competent shield users together then well... hmmm.. you gonna fuck some shit up. I know this because I and some buddies did it last night and the result was just as expected. Now you could argue that shields are meant to be very strong as that is how it would be in real life but this is a game and a game needs balancing.

16 3
  • 10 May
 Cpt.Blitz

Allow axes and mauls to stagger shield users... that's the fix. then ppl actually have to drop their shield and one hand parry when fighting these types... why can't their be a triangle system of weapons and counters.

270 362

Another genius idea: Pay 30$ to play 3D rock-paper-scissors.

8 7
  • 12 May
 Valqor

Read somewhere that the devs have an idea to just make kicks against shields to have additional range that honestly would just fix everything.