Mordhau

SERIOUS EXPLOIT-PROBLEM with the perk-system

62 29

You do not need to read everything but at least read the first 4 statements so you understand this issue.
I also made a video about this by now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POgok6IIGRo

1. You can pick up weapons in combat that surpass your 16 loadout-points and there is no debuff applied for doing so.

2. That means you can essentially go into battle with fists and whatever perks you like, instead of weapons.

3. Then you can get weapons from elsewhere, that is very easily done, idealy with a friend that gives you whatever you want.

4. Now you are at a SERIOUS AND UNFIAR advantage against most. This is not just theoretical, seen and done it.

=>
SOULTION: Disable sprinting as soon as, through a pick-up, the loadout goes over 16 points.
=>

This solution was derived from smellycathawks idea, for my original solution was WAY too complicated.
And I do indeed belive that the "no-sprint" solution would be the most effective one without braking any gameplay BUT
as long as SOME KIND of impactful debuff is applied to you when you exceed 16 loadout-points this issue is no longer an issue.

1 1

yeah this a big problem so fix please

777 1029

lol... just add a speed penalty determined by how far over 16 points your loadout would be

62 29

@smellycathawk said:
lol... just add a speed penalty determined by how far over 16 points your loadout would be

Or anything really. My solution was just an idea, though I have to say ... yours is ... actually a genious one XD

Knight 34 103

I'm really confused as to how this is a large issue.

None of the perks impact the game enough to make this worth noting. Sure you can gain 3 Stam-a-hit, heal faster out of combat, reduced foot sounds (they don't exist anyway), less fire damage, less fall damage, and then pick up a Halberd but you're not getting any significant advantage out of those.

On top of that, you're implying that there will always be an optimal weapon available to pick up when you need it. Half the time a player like this is going to be killed with their fists out because there was nothing available, or they're going to need to pick up a shortsword or equally bad alternative.

62 29

@ĶأĻăHarbinger said:

None of the perks impact the game enough to make this worth noting. Sure you can gain 3 Stam-a-hit, heal faster out of combat, reduced foot sounds (they don't exist anyway), less fire damage, less fall damage, and then pick up a Halberd but you're not getting any significant advantage out of those.

On top of that, you're implying that there will always be an optimal weapon available to pick up when you need it. Half the time a player like this is going to be killed with their fists out because there was nothing available, or they're going to need to pick up a shortsword or equally bad alternative.

In Frontline, all I have to do in the worst case cenario is to spawn with ALL the weapons I can dream of, then suicide, then respawn with a char with all the perks and armor I can dream of.
PS: It is not a gigantic issue, but it is an issue defenately worth adressing fast if you ask me.

• 5 May
 SkyCaptain
This comment was deleted.
King 48 59
  • 5 May
 SkyCaptain

@smellycathawk said:

"I like this one"

The typical DS fatroll "fatdouge" and slower movement.
I would like to see this feature in action. This still needs some info above a weapon you pick up with the warning "Overweight" or "Heavy weapon"

It should still allow you to drop your own weapons to pick up the heavy one and use it normaly, if the points don't go over 16
Still, this would be a huge coding thing and that will take a while. this game isn't even a week out..

23 9
  • 5 May
 Cpt.Blitz

Honestly the easies would be a message "Over-encumbered, you can't carry this item"

The speed thing is nifty, but the point system is designed to balance that way... so why not make it actually balance that way. I thought it was a bug honestly. Or maybe after you spawn you have up to 20 total points or something... idk. That way you could pick up something in a pinch, but not a Long Spear AND Greatsword for example...

62 29
  • 5 May
 Mechanicus

@Cpt.Blitz said:
Honestly the easies would be a message "Over-encumbered, you can't carry this item"

The speed thing is nifty, but the point system is designed to balance that way... so why not make it actually balance that way. I thought it was a bug honestly. Or maybe after you spawn you have up to 20 total points or something... idk. That way you could pick up something in a pinch, but not a Long Spear AND Greatsword for example...

That would be a solution, but it would be a bit extreme if you ask me <D

777 1029

@ĶأĻăHarbinger said:

I think it is a problem, cause there are literally Zwi's laying all over the place, so why would I go full armor with a longsword and bad perks? when I can have whatever perks I want with full armor while equipping a 1 point weapon. Now I am basically a Zwi knight with bloodlust. GG.

An intuitive loss of mobility when picking up a zwi in full plate is the easiest solution imo. maybe there are flaws I'm not seeing

62 29

@smellycathawk said:

@ĶأĻăHarbinger said:

I think it is a problem, cause there are literally Zwi's laying all over the place, so why would I go full armor with a longsword and bad perks? when I can have whatever perks I want with full armor while equipping a 1 point weapon. Now I am basically a Zwi knight with bloodlust. GG.

An intuitive loss of mobility when picking up a zwi in full plate is the easiest solution imo. maybe there are flaws I'm not seeing

I have spent a fair deal of time thinking about this. I don't think there are flaws.

1 5
  • 5 May
 croikey

I cannot imagine how this could possibly be a "SERIOUS" problem. Like it has already been said, perks are so neglible. If you really want to spawn with no weapon and gamble on what you get, why shouldn't you be allowed to? Do you seriously think anybody would notice? The only perk that really has any large effect is the bloodlust perk.

Knight 917 2522
  • 5 May
 Pred

@croikey said:
I cannot imagine how this could possibly be a "SERIOUS" problem.

1. Spawn with 3/3/3 Bloodlust and Tenacious

2. Find Zwei

3. Generate full HP from destroying noobs with Zwei faster than they can get you to 0

4. Profit

101 171
  • 5 May
 Sektor

The only weapons I see on the ground are bastard swords or mallets. Stop talking shit. This is hardly a problem.

114 191

@Sektor said:
The only weapons I see on the ground are bastard swords or mallets. Stop talking shit. This is hardly a problem.

The only thing I see when I look up is the blue sky, space doesn't exist and we live in the eye of a giant.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 5 May
 Frise

It's only a problem with Bloodlust, with which you become unstoppable ifyou find anything better than a longsword. The issue is simply that bloodlust is insanrly good though. None of the other perks give an advantahe big enough to be gamebreaking even with 333 Halberd.

Knight 917 2522
  • 5 May
 Pred

@Sektor said:

Lol wut.

Implying people in Frontline only use Bastard Swords and Mallets for some reason.

5 11

i spawned with 333 bloodlust/fists loadout multiple times, its not a big deal. finding a zwei/halberd takes some time, which you will probably spend with some mace or arming sword. even getting those can be tricky, as you usually need to find a team fight that your team is winning, which can be pretty rare in some matches. if you do get it and it works out, its pretty flashy though. but long term its not worth the time you spend looking for a decent weapon, so its better to just spawn with ls and go ham straight away. its a fun but time consuming loadout.

34 19

The best idea is detach perks points from outfit points. And than - balancing.

P.S. Bloodlust in this game looks like Fire Magic or Necromancy..