Mordhau

Dedicated Server - RCON or Serverside Console

7 4

Is there a plan to implement some RCON possibilities or are there some options to enable a Serverside Interactive Console yet?
May would be great for Administration and automation purposes.
Then it for example may would be possible to send a message from ServerSide to the players on planned or non planned Restarts of the server (if updates are needed to be done etc.)

3 0
  • 16 May
 whisky

I would love to be able to do this. I run a community server but can't do much remotely without TeamViewering onto my home PC.

11 0
  • 20 May
 Rkillah

Hi I have created this for windows servers as a temporary fix until they fix it themselves quickly swap gamemodes and default start map other than the pit and deathmatch as it does at present.
This will allow you to change anything in the DefaultEngine.ini so youcan have different settings for each game mode.

on Mordhau.com RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
or
on steam RKillahsGamemodeSelector_V2.zip
later
RK

36 12
  • 21 May
 Taki7o7

Many people want to know, many threads are there, but no answer from the devs afaik.
Would be cool to know if it takes 2 more months or a year. Or if it will never come so we know if it's worth to rent a server for longer period.

I also miss some kind of "roadmap", or i am just blind.

So if a dev is reading this, it would be cool to drop some words about it instead of going to the next thread ._.

Greetings

190 93

Agee 100% its very hard if not next to impossible to moderate a server at the moment without being active 24/7.
between idle kicks and random fake host closed connection errors its a losing battle for admins at the moment.

Admins running servers keep the game alive, with no tools in our arsenal to moderate, control or mod our servers efficiently
its not fun for any 1 at the moment trying to populate or control a server, just frustration after constant idle kicks and error messages that clear the server.

Please Devs help us help you.

7 7
  • 21 May
 Shackito

I would LOVE to see some tools for admins....Today the only way to moderate a server is living in-game all the time. The WORST part of this IS that none of the devs say NOTHING about it.

Baron 495 1379
531 283
  • 12 Jun
 Gambit

@Shackito said:
I would LOVE to see some tools for admins....Today the only way to moderate a server is living in-game all the time. The WORST part of this IS that none of the devs say NOTHING about it.

What would RCON do for moderation though? I'm really hoping it gets added soon but I think moderation still needs to be done mostly in game. Unless it's for automated kicks due to chat or repeated TKs

Baron 495 1379

@Gambit said:

What would RCON do for moderation though? I'm really hoping it gets added soon but I think moderation still needs to be done mostly in game. Unless it's for automated kicks due to chat or repeated TKs

Change the map, maybe add/remove bots.

531 283
  • 15 Jun
 Gambit

@•҉Ɓaron voŋ Moorland said:

@Gambit said:

Change the map, maybe add/remove bots.

Ah that kind of stuff, I get you. I was thinking of moderation in regards to the players. Programmaticaly changing maps etc. Would be awesome. I've been working on a very hacky mod to change stuff like that before rcon is released, but the furthest I've gotten is changing the slomo and simple variables. Let's hope this stuff gets released soon.

36 12
  • 24 Jun
 Taki7o7

still no news on that?