Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Mordhau effecting internet

6 0
  • 4 May '19
 Bellyrumble

When i play mordhau and try find a server the first time i try find it it picks up all the servers. the longer i leave the game open the less servers that appear and i can no longer find servers. also why the game is running no webpages load but discord continues to work if im already on it. seems like mordhau is sapping the connection somehow which sounds odd. i have 100mps connection and have tested 2 routers. any ideas whats causing this?

6 0
  • 4 May '19
 Bellyrumble

Also note, internet not working also persists for about 30 seconds after quitting the game

2 0
  • 5 May '19
 JayKay

I have the same issue :(
Server browser works fine the first couple of times. But if I filter multiple times, it just stops working.
Then if I alt + tab and try to open a website, I just get a timeout error.
If I close the game and wait a bit, it goes back to normal...

14 8
  • 6 May '19
 VincentvanGrow

Its not about youre Internet Connection, but the requesttimer to refresh the Serverlist is a bit slow at the Moment, normaly you should get a list of somesort if you clear the list and restart a search, you can also change the mode youre searching for. But as it stands the Serverlist will be a lot faster in a couple of Weeks when the Mainservers will get upgraded.

6 0
  • 6 May '19
 Bellyrumble

its not just the ingame server browser but all browsers. edge, firefox and chrome all die whilst the game is open giving a connection timeout error.

2 0
  • 6 May '19
 JayKay

It sounds crazy, but i guess it feels like the game is kinda DDoS'ing me.

Maybe what's happening, is that so much information is sent back and forth when matchmaking and refreshing server list, that my internet just gives up for a moment.

I don't know if that is actually possible, I'm not an expert on that subject.

6 0
  • 8 May '19
 Bellyrumble

bumping to try get some help

988 6974
  • 8 May '19
 marox — Project Lead

Your issue is probably with Steam and not Mordhau. Go to Steam settings, under In-Game, at the bottom you'll see: In-game server browser max pings/minute. Adjust accordingly.

6 0
  • 12 May '19
 Bellyrumble

Ive tried all the settings for server pings/minute and nothing fixes it. doesnt happen with any other game i play and i play alot of games

957 312
  • 12 May '19
 Antoniokontos

i dident know you could set ping limits on steam thanks

6 0
  • 15 May '19
 Bellyrumble

alright update. contacted ISP, in australia they sell you a static IP, tested static ip and it fixed the issue so guessing its something to do with australias internet. switch from static back to dynamic and issue started up again. do you think ill need to get a static ip or is there something else i can do to fix it?