Mordhau

Insanely Long Loading Times

Conscript 168 357

@Deadmode said:

@NikolaiLudovik said:
Any other game loads faster than mordhau, you can say that my HDD is failing all you want, but it is undeniable that the game's loading sequence could be improved and optimized.

Everyone is telling you otherwise. But yeah, fine. It’s the game.

Every single one of my friends who has mordhau is loading at similar rates as me (3 of them respectively), except a single one who has installed the game on an SSD. So yeah, it is in fact the game. It makes no sense as to why the game loads so slow to enter the menu and then, if you connect fast to a server, it is still slow (fine, the map loading makes sense to take long), but if you just finish loading the menu and then join your friends, you risk getting "Connection to the host has been lost" error, while the game also freezes during the last stages.

"This everyone" you are talking about doesn't seem to provide me with enough proof of "muh game loads fine, you dumb" hypothesis you got.

To enter the menu, the game shouldn't load for this long, because there isn't much to load anyway. It has room for some optimizing at least in that area, if not when entering the map.
(Really reminds me of how Rust took a shit ton to load, considering the large map and such, until the developers optimized it and it took less than half the time to do it)

523 569
  • 4 Jun
 Deadmode

@NikolaiLudovik said:
"This everyone" you are talking about doesn't seem to provide me with enough proof of "muh game loads fine, you dumb" hypothesis you got.

I used examples of another person I know running the game on a HDD, so not 'muh game loads fine' at all, and I also never called you dumb.

There are plenty of people here having no issues, both on SSD and HDD. If it was the game then I would've thought that we would all experience extreme delays to some degree compared to other games when, in fact for me and my friends, it's one of the fastest to load. You would also hear way more about bad loading times if the game did have an issue.

I stand by it being a hardware issue.

Conscript 168 357

@Deadmode said:

@NikolaiLudovik said:

I used examples of another person I know running the game on a HDD, so not 'muh game loads fine' at all, and I also never called you dumb.

There are plenty of people here having no issues, both on SSD and HDD. If it was the game then I would've thought that we would all experience extreme delays to some degree compared to other games when, in fact for me and my friends, it's one of the fastest to load. You would also hear way more about bad loading times if the game did have an issue.

I stand by it being a hardware issue.

I was making more of a joke with that dumb part considering how you put it but whatever.
It is too much of a coincidence to be a 3 people coincidental hardware issue in my case, it make no reasonable sense.
How new is your friend's hard drive? When did you get yours? I have mine for roughly ~3 years and had no problems loading so far.
Maybe I need to defrag it or something, I will look into it now to see if i can find anything new.

Edit:So far I found out I have the same 7200rpm;
Defraging and consolidating HDD now, (Do not defrag your SSD because it can shorten its life span)
I will also Unpark CPUs after this.

31 12
  • 4 Jun
 Makozer

@FagutteNoHomo said:
pathetic solution not every one has a the money to buy a ssd instead of a hdd or some of us may even use a computer in their house so it is not viable solution to just litteraly ordering them to buy pc

gamer can spend 30 bucks for mordhau but wont spend 15 bucks on 120 GB SSD? thats the definition of pathetic gamer ....

1 0
  • 4 Jun
 Lukemaster

first: you do not give us any information of your pc specs.
what kind of hdd?
cpu?
ram?
videocard?

maybe you have a slow 5200rpm hdd?

but to be honest: playing on a hdd instead of a ssd is just a bad choice. from double clicking the desktop icon it takes me less than 15 seconds to play and die ingame frontline. without any lags or loading times just because of the ssd.

my specs are:
core i7 6600
amd rx 480 nitro+
3 screens with fhd
16gb ram
256gb ssd for os, 500gb for new games
and 1000gb hdd for data and old games like civ5.

i have super stable framerates and no lags or anything and i play this game on ultra settings.with a pc worth less than 800€
get a cheap ssd and be happy - it speeds up your system like nothing else.

Knight 49 67

It's definitely slow on first startup for everyone i know and myself, the first loading screen takes a good bit, but subsequent ones on the same server are pretty brief for an HDD, and even hopping servers is decent.

Also people don't have infinite hard drive space, and gasp can have game libraries that contain way more than mordhau, so other games might get the priority on an SSD, especially with how bloated some newer games are getting. 30-60 GB is somewhat common and the largest I've seen on my own pc was 125 GB or so for gears of war 4.

Conscript 168 357

I have found very interesting results:

From ~6 minutes time to get into the menu and then to load a map
I got to less than 3 minutes to do all of this by defraging my HDD and unparking my CPU.

Considering this, it is worth a try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fKxZ1mq9KA -unpark CPU (cores)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHQdqV6mOzU Defrag HDD (Do not Defrag SSD as it can shorten it's lifespan and is unecessary anyway)

Well, shit, somehow I managed to fix my problem by using tricks I forgot to use again after reinstalling my OS.
If you have problems, do it boys, you got nothing to lose.

312 244
  • 5 Jun
 LoPan

Takes me and my friend less than 15 seconds to load in 🤷🏻‍♂️

35 44
  • 5 Jun
 Prophet

@Makozer said:
ive stopped at "HDD" ...
Its 2019 and you still install new games on a HDD???? H D D ????
Hell, just dont go to McDonalds or just skip cigarettes one week, take these 15 bucks and get a 120 GB SSD.

And your "problem" is fixed.

even mordhau is more expansive then a 120 GB SSD ....

got a NVMe SSD and there is no real loading time, usually it connects, shows shortly loading screen for some seconds and im in.
and my pc is far away from "highend", Ryzen 2600 CPU for 140€ is cheap af

i would love it if games start faster cuz i always have to wait 15 - 10s in freeze mode at the start and players that enter after me spawn in front of me ...

Bro I got an NVMe SSD too! Isn't it great being one of the first 5 people always to join a match?

The load times are less than 15 seconds lol

1 2

@Makozer said:
ive stopped at "HDD" ...
Its 2019 and you still install new games on a HDD???? H D D ????
Hell, just dont go to McDonalds or just skip cigarettes one week, take these 15 bucks and get a 120 GB SSD.

"You do not have an SSRee for a single buggy game??? Can your feeble peasant tower not sustain a component that cost but a mere 140 doubloons?? I bite my thummb at thee, whilst I load in 30 seconds early and cap ye point."