Mordhau

Insanely Long Loading Times

5 5

I have an HDD and this game takes forever to load. It takes such a long time that I will join a lobby with 8 people, wait 5 minutes before it tells me that the lobby is full or kicks me out for taking this long. I have never had a problem with loading into other games and my internet is pretty fast. I've seen others had this problem and am wondering if there is a fix or something is in the works to patch the issue. I enjoy the hell out of the game, I just want to play it PepeHands

2 1
  • 4 May
 Puddy

Yeah I have this problem too and its infuriating. Devs please fix this I have so much fun when I do manage to play but I only ever manage to join a game halfway through because of long load times.. Like 10 minutes minimum

1 1
  • 6 May
 A

I have the same problem, 5-10 minutes loading time and i have a good internet... Please fix !

31 12
 Makozer

ive stopped at "HDD" ...
Its 2019 and you still install new games on a HDD???? H D D ????
Hell, just dont go to McDonalds or just skip cigarettes one week, take these 15 bucks and get a 120 GB SSD.

And your "problem" is fixed.

even mordhau is more expansive then a 120 GB SSD ....

got a NVMe SSD and there is no real loading time, usually it connects, shows shortly loading screen for some seconds and im in.
and my pc is far away from "highend", Ryzen 2600 CPU for 140€ is cheap af

i would love it if games start faster cuz i always have to wait 15 - 10s in freeze mode at the start and players that enter after me spawn in front of me ...

1 3

pathetic solution not every one has a the money to buy a ssd instead of a hdd or some of us may even use a computer in their house so it is not viable solution to just litteraly ordering them to buy pc

777 1029

You need a ssd to run the game properly. It's basically a requirement.

3 0
  • 14 May
 Dicentim

Hi, I also have this loading time issue and I can't be satisfied with your answers.
If SSD is a requirement then it should be written on steam's store page.
Sorry but the problem is not the HDD cause I can load wider maps in GTA V or PUBG without any problem.
With Mordhau I have to wait more than 3 minutes ! There's obviously a coding issue with the game.

I have to get refunded on Steam waiting for a fix.

1757 1412
  • 14 May
 Rergato

My friend’s HDD obviously loads the game slower than me but it doesn’t take more than a minute.

I think your guy’s HDDs are failing. That’s what happened to mine awhile back.

Now you got an excuse to get a SSD.

3 0
  • 16 May
 Dicentim

You're wrong.
My HDD works like a charm with EVERY other game. Another suggestion please ?

1 0
  • 16 May
 Vareof

Same problem here, does anyone has a solution for this? thx

8 3
  • 17 May
 dueldragon

Try reinstalling on an SSD, it worked for me.

5 0
  • 3 Jun
 Taldorin

I guess nobody here has any kind of solution? HDD /SSD isn't the issue here, any way to lessen the load Unreal 4 has with loading?

24 12
  • 3 Jun
 jebajlo

If you need to wait 5 minutes to check if server is full, its sound like more then HDD/SSD issue.

Knight 148 97
  • 3 Jun
 Lilboots

@Taldorin said:
I guess nobody here has any kind of solution? HDD /SSD isn't the issue here, any way to lessen the load Unreal 4 has with loading?

Seeing as it is with only a very small portion of the community there wouldmt need to be a fix as it is either your pc (net, hardware etc) causing the issue.

Knight 100 370
  • 3 Jun
 McMercy

@Whitehouse1523 said:
I have an HDD and this game takes forever to load.

Hmmm. Strange.
Do you by any chance have the game on a HDD?
Have you tried not doing that?

523 569
  • 3 Jun
 Deadmode

Mine is installed in me2 ssd and I load to menu immediately after splash screens and from joining a server in the browser I am at the 'join match' prompt in less than 5 seconds.

Friend has it installed on 7200rpm 2tb HDD and he takes longer, probably nearer 30-45 seconds. Not the times you are reporting.

Something is up with your HDD.

Also, ssd's are so cheap these days. Grab one. It'll benefit you hugely in general.

1 0
  • 3 Jun
 Dazed-Man

had the same problem just install the game on a ssd and you are fine........loading screens are gone

9 0

My friends who play on a HDD do take 20 seconds or so to load, whereas my SSD takes about 5. If you are looking at literal minutes to load, you have a HDD problem like others have mentioned, or some software is interfering. I'd suggest reinstalling Mordhau and/or troubleshooting your setup.

Conscript 168 357

Any other game loads faster than mordhau, you can say that my HDD is failing all you want, but it is undeniable that the game's loading sequence could be improved and optimized.

523 569
  • 3 Jun
 Deadmode

@NikolaiLudovik said:
Any other game loads faster than mordhau, you can say that my HDD is failing all you want, but it is undeniable that the game's loading sequence could be improved and optimized.

Everyone is telling you otherwise. But yeah, fine. It’s the game.