Mordhau

The poking has to stop!

777 1029

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
All you really need to do is gamble with the halberd (pictured)

What will you get this time?

An insta kill on someone in heavy armor?

A triple kill?

Complete miss of the 12 people you swing at?

A random fucking teamkill on an ally 10ft behind you?

A random fucking teamkill from across the map?

Randomly parried by seemingly fucking nothing?

Somehow hitting the fucking ground on a horizontal swing?

N O B O D Y K N O W S

EHHHG! The correct answer is a nub team mate will run in the way of your attack and stop it, causing you both to die! :D

Knight 466 909
  • 4 May
 wierHL

@AngelEyes said:
Yeah I have to politely disagree Tim. Because this isn’t a l2p issue this is an unhealthy meta issue.

When I say unhealthy I mean boring.

Even if all noobs learned how and when to kick shields that still doesn’t take away from the fact that their boring to play both as and against. Shields don’t need a tweak they need a complete rework so they take at least a gnomes IQ to use.

Forcing me to switch to a support weapon so I can stand around for days poking a blob of impenetrable wall just to be consistent till he stams out is not where this game should be. Have you played a SKM match yet when the whole opposing team is using shields? It’s bad dude.

I personally don’t have a problem with spears but I could have sworn I remember Crush saying something about tweaks to stabs ( Not on spear in particular, just generally) right before launch. Rapier is cancer and I’m glad noobs are crying about it because it’s BORING to play both as and against, once again.

Certain weapon stabs like rapier forces a chamber because if the guy isn’t a complete noob and uses feints that isn’t hard reading, it’s guessing games. I should have the option to hard read stabs and not be told “JUsT ChAMBEr nub L2p lUL”. That’s forcing me to play a certain way and it’s not right.

I think Tim was talking about just spears there

414 418
  • 4 May
 nohbdy

Spears are fine. They cost a shit load of customization points, as they should because of the inherent advantage of having long reach in a team-based game. Futhermore, their stabs are very easy to counter with chambers and morphs because of how easy it is to chamber stabs in general since a spear user increases their hit-to-kill number if they use a slash instead. I actually prefer using the Halberd to the spear for that reason. Rapiers are also fine for most of the same reasons, with the exception of the fact that they rightfully cost less points due to their lacking reach compared to the spear.

Knight 1383 3152

@wierHL said:

I was talking about full stop.

Balancing your game around the unwashed masses creates awful gameplay in your game, no matter what game it is.

8 10
  • 4 May
 SFJake

@AngelEyes said:
Certain weapon stabs like rapier forces a chamber because if the guy isn’t a complete noob and uses feints that isn’t hard reading, it’s guessing games. I should have the option to hard read stabs and not be told “JUsT ChAMBEr nub L2p lUL”. That’s forcing me to play a certain way and it’s not right.

I've rarely heard something so dumb. You can't whine about having to use one of the core mechanics, which everyone has in their pocket. This is like a guy playing chess whining he's being forced to use his rooks against certain tactics. Boo fucking woo. What the hell.

If players don't understand the basics of the gameplay, then they're going to be crushed by silly tactic. To re-use chess example, its like people complaining that they get checkmated in 3 turns, and go whine on forums instead of learning the game.

And FYI, Rapier is a short ass weapon. You can destroy it with footwork, chamber is just the safety net.

Knight 334 777

@wierHL said:

"EG, kick shields when they're moving towards you, but don't do that while they're backing away."

@Tim You're right. Problem is complaints about shields and stabs have been around before release. This isn't catering to unwashed masses this is just regurgitating the same old song thats been sung a thousand times. (Mainly about shields.)

Compliments of Monsteri:
2805acf43b9ab1747433d85c071397ed.png

@SFjake Whoever you are, same thing I said to Tim.

Your chess analogy is cute and it's true when people are looking in the wrong places. For example when people assume KICK was intend as a counter measure to shields which it's not. Kick stun on shields was a last ditch idea it's not even close to the fundamental issue.

You make the same mistake countless do on this forum and just jump to the conclusion it's a l2p issue. I don't need you to explain to me how to fight against a rapier this whole thing is going over your head. If rapier is a "Stab centric" weapon fine but so is Esctoc. If a guy with a rapier wants to poke me he should have to do it by mixing up his play beyond a simple 50/50 mechanic.

Notice how I haven't used the word nerf EVER because I don't want a weapon nerfed into uselessness. I've gotten to the point where I can almost hard read every weapon in this game and it took me hundreds of hours and im still terrible at it. On most weapons in this game you have 2 basic options, you hard read or you chamber and footwork goes hand in hand. On gambly dick cancer weapons like rapier my two options are chamber or go down town for a gram of meth so I can hard read. Noobs excluded because they don't even Q button. When they finally catch on and your faced off against 10+ rapier shields I look forward to your opinion then.

529 278

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

A triple kill?

N O B O D Y K N O W S

glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem with halberd. You forgot swing right through someone.

529 278

@nohbdy said:
Spears are fine. They cost a shit load of customization points, as they should because of the inherent advantage of having long reach in a team-based game. Futhermore, their stabs are very easy to counter with chambers and morphs because of how easy it is to chamber stabs in general since a spear user increases their hit-to-kill number if they use a slash instead. I actually prefer using the Halberd to the spear for that reason. Rapiers are also fine for most of the same reasons, with the exception of the fact that they rightfully cost less points due to their lacking reach compared to the spear.

Agreed, never had that much trouble dealing with a spear guy, rapier guys are much worse.

777 1029

@AngelEyes said:

@wierHL said:

"EG, kick shields when they're moving towards you, but don't do that while they're backing away."

@Tim You're right. Problem is complaints about shields and stabs have been around before release. This isn't catering to unwashed masses this is just regurgitating the same old song thats been sung a thousand times. (Mainly about shields.)

Compliments of Monsteri:
2805acf43b9ab1747433d85c071397ed.png

Some weapons look the same from the time they windup to the time u die. This animation change would indeed help with that.

So far I don't notice a big problem with stabs though. Since rapier is so short and i use a zwi mostly it doesn't affect me.
Spear has surprised me a few times when good players use them and it seems very instant but i might just need more practice getting used to that...

Shields are objectively balanced like dogshit though.

Knight 1383 3152

I'll clarify

I'm not saying that there aren't things to change and balance, because there absolutely are.

I'm saying that following the trend of the masses going "nerf this" "nerf that" is how you get bland uninteresting garbage.

Mordhau is already really really close to having an extremely uninteresting stalemate of a combat system in the first place, we don't need specific weapons to be dicked into the ground simply because "my 3 hours of gameplay is enough to say that this is unfair"

Knight 334 777

Right on Tim.

@Christian2222 said:

never had that much trouble dealing with a spear guy, rapier guys are much worse.

Against guys in FL? In a 1v1? 99.9 percent of them chamber stab morph overhead will do if not then decel it a bit and you basically 100%. 99% of FL people don't feint or morph YET so in 1vx for a riposte just hard read.

Knight 334 777

oh and if hes running the rapier or any 1h stab wep +shield and backpedaling just chamberfest him because morphs wont do anything so chamberfest him until someone stams out or until somone falls asleep or someones mouse wheel breaks..

114 195

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

A triple kill?

N O B O D Y K N O W S

I love it when my right to left halberd swing somehow gets stuck on the wall to the left of me at the beginning of the release phase. It's like swinging a tree around.

47 70
  • 1 Jun
 Drummel

If you chamber a stab they chamber it back and you keep going until the end of time.

Chamber the stab, morph to an overhead accel or a side slash accel and sprint into their shoulder.

If they are too wise for that chamber feint into them and kick, take a quick stab. Take that initiative back.

I know words are easy to type, but I've been practicing a ton and I withheld complaining to see how unfair it is
honestly after 100 hours of game play the vast majority of those concerns just disappear.
Obviously your mileage may vary on time played, but seeing and understanding animations, grunts, and even
stupid angles that would LITERALLY never do any real damage you just start to build muscle memory.

As for face huggers that use the "instahits"? run at their weapon side and chamber the angle or immediately parry
for the window to be more favorable to you if you. If you chamber at that angle you will accel your own hit
if you parry you have other options.

None of this is perfect and everything has a counter. Just takes practice.

1 0

Before nerfing stabs, please nerf the ballerina swings. Ultra realistic slicing through 4 people and all taking the same damage.

150 58
  • 2 Jun
 Botas

Acording to the stab spammer faggots of this community they are ok:

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/16971/most-players-are-using-stab-weapons-they-need-a-fu/?page=1

They claim it is "easy" to deal with them but when asked for proof they backpedal like cowards and resort to mental gymnastics to cover their incapability to prove me wrong.

36 24

Spears and Rapiers are far from OP.

Only 5% of good players do not play them 1 dimensional.

Stop crying and learn to chamber

signed
non spear-rapier-user

114 195

@Drummel said:

If you chamber a stab they chamber it back and you keep going until the end of time.

Chamber the stab, morph to an overhead accel or a side slash accel and sprint into their shoulder.

If they are too wise for that chamber feint into them and kick, take a quick stab. Take that initiative back.

I know words are easy to type, but I've been practicing a ton and I withheld complaining to see how unfair it is
honestly after 100 hours of game play the vast majority of those concerns just disappear.
Obviously your mileage may vary on time played, but seeing and understanding animations, grunts, and even
stupid angles that would LITERALLY never do any real damage you just start to build muscle memory.

As for face huggers that use the "instahits"? run at their weapon side and chamber the angle or immediately parry
for the window to be more favorable to you if you. If you chamber at that angle you will accel your own hit
if you parry you have other options.

None of this is perfect and everything has a counter. Just takes practice.

Why did you feel the need to necro this