Mordhau

Team colors should work like For Honor, blue/red is ugly and overused by now.

101 170
 Sektor

Team colors should not be 2 static colors in overbright mode. It ruins creativity, immersion and in general it makes customization literally useless in a big aspect of it. Instead, make team colors realistic palettes of colors that we can choose in customization menu. Color palettes should be categorized as eye provoking colors for attackers and eye comforting colors for defenders. This will allow team modes to show off creativity of players but contained within limits that surpass usual allowance of visibility in games and also make the game more vibrant. The current colors are not only ugly and fuck up the armor system but they are also too overbright for the atmosphere of the game. Through the customization menu, make us being able to choose 'team' tabs and force certain colors on skirts and cloth items that show. Regarding metallic surfaces on armor, make darker tones available to attackers and brighter ones to defenders. I personally am just 'ok' with the current system, as I have about 6k hours on unreal tournament and I'm used to it, but it is a big shame for this game to force duo-color. The environment of gritiness and war-torn battlefields should be able to be reflected on characters aswell.

LdoGoSK.png

JcsTLWh.jpg

56 8

I agree on that - would give a more custom touch to your mercenaries.

86 184
  • 3 May
 Dekkers

Agreed

I believe team colours can be turned off too, but there is no good alternative to figure out who are teammates and who are not.

I'd personally like to see people's emblems above their heads like in Warband, make it optional so that you can either have colours (as it is currently or as suggested above) or have everyone's own colours and banners.

529 278

Agreed, there are so many different team colors you can have.

Knight 457 879
  • 3 May
 wierHL

I think there's already a way to turn off team colours, but you have to rely on your HUD to tell you they're enemies when you get your crosshair on them. M&B style emblems would work probably if properly implemented.

20 29

@wierHL said:
I think there's already a way to turn off team colours, but you have to rely on your HUD to tell you they're enemies when you get your crosshair on them. M&B style emblems would work probably if properly implemented.

To be honest, half the time I get hit by my teammate regardless because ‘You looked red due to blood!’

111 53
  • 3 May
 yvesgomes

My few grips right now are below. They sometimes stack up and make things particularly confusing.

  • Some characters aren't covered in their team color very much.

  • When a blue is drenched in blood, he really looks like a red.

  • The blue is pretty dark, which makes it pretty easy to be overshadowed by blood. Maybe a bright cyan would work a little better for this, along with perhaps toning down the blood on characters who aren't dead, yet (it would kinda suck... I love the blood... but I think it would be a worthy sacrifice).

Also, Mark Brown, from Game Maker's Toolkit has a nice video about this. Ideally the teams should be cyan and orange, because that works for colorblind folks, too. In Mordhau it would give better blood contrast for both teams, actually.

101 170
  • 4 May
 Sektor

This suggestion was made in order to avoid turning off team colors, but at the same making something that will please people while being able to recognize enemy from friend. The problem is not blood textures for the confusion of wounded blue but the colors that are chosen. I'd rather go black/white tbh than blue/red.

10 10
  • 4 May
 Billyro

What about customisable team colours? Overwatch has that feature, it's a nice little addition.

Also +1 to the suggestion of the emblem above their heads. Or just for teammates, dunno.

8 12

I think they would rather do new teams like new companies. Like a Yellow Company or a Green Company or even a White Company. I just think that the whole "Red" and "Blue" shouts Chivalry to me. I just want more teams. I feel like Iron Company and Free Guard is going to get bland. I hope they add new teams and randomize it. So you could have a Red and Yellow team or Green and White. I know it might not be the best idea but I would really like to see this.

101 170
  • 7 May
 Sektor

The problem is that new teams will still cut creativity. Regardless of teams I still believe the best way to manage this is by giving a variety of colors to each team.

Knight 25 20
  • 7 May
 ExecuDoge

This was mentioned by someone else in another thread but I like the idea of team colours being indicated by cloth arm bands on one or both arms. That way you can still be as creative as you want with your individual colours and we don't have to add in annoying HUD over everyone. I think you'd still be able to tell who your team mates are pretty quickly if it was done right.
Also it seems like practical strategy a real merc company would use on a battle field.

109 165
  • 7 May
 Speak

I really like the idea of team-colored arm bands.

I also think the crosshair should change color when aimed at an enemy (and this should be usable at any range instead of only at the short range that name identification is possible).

Mainly I just want to be able to play with everyone using their own customized colors, but with ally/enemy identification still being easy. I really want that. That's the goal.

Conscript 293 345
 Qwampa

Red team color should be changed to something else, as it can be confused with blood.

2 0
  • 8 May
 Emmareld

I agree, also, I've almost killed team-mates because they are drenched in blood and I mistake them for red for a moment.

101 170
  • 10 May
 Sektor

@Speak said:
I really like the idea of team-colored arm bands.

I also think the crosshair should change color when aimed at an enemy (and this should be usable at any range instead of only at the short range that name identification is possible).

Mainly I just want to be able to play with everyone using their own customized colors, but with ally/enemy identification still being easy. I really want that. That's the goal.

What do you mean exactly by arm bands? I think a piece of cloth on the arm is way too small of an indicator in the chaos for you see and react in time.

Knight 334 777
  • 10 May
 AngelEyes

I like a lot of these ideas and fully expect devs will come up with something as this is a popular request

At this point I would opt out for emblems above friendly heads and forfeit a little immersion for a more colorful battlefield, which balances immersion out imo. Options for preference would be great and devs have not been shy to this in other areas

67 40
  • 10 May
 Kuro1n

This would be great, me and my mates all hate the fact that customizing makes us look the same 90% of all games anyway.

109 165
  • 10 May
 Speak

For reference, as of patch 4 you can already turn off team colors and then turn on icons-over-allied-heads.

For reference, it's still a bit confusing. I find myself having to mentally tally "who's my enemy and who's not" in a group fight before I start swinging. Although the icons over allied heads are actually overall a gameplay advantage because they let you see where your allies are even through walls.

Although I think the icons are a little.. ugly? Like they should be more minimalist, maybe, but maybe also higher contrast. As in little team-colored dots instead of a yellow cross thing. But idk maybe that would look worse.

101 170
  • 10 May
 Sektor

@Speak said:
For reference, as of patch 4 you can already turn off team colors and then turn on icons-over-allied-heads.

For reference, it's still a bit confusing. I find myself having to mentally tally "who's my enemy and who's not" in a group fight before I start swinging. Although the icons over allied heads are actually overall a gameplay advantage because they let you see where your allies are even through walls.

Although I think the icons are a little.. ugly? Like they should be more minimalist, maybe, but maybe also higher contrast. As in little team-colored dots instead of a yellow cross thing. But idk maybe that would look worse.

The problem with mordhau is that its too chaotic to not have colors applied to clothing. The only other way they could do this is apply a green outline to allies but would look out of place or give flag/shield icons to nearby allies, which I still dont think would help a lot considering the speed of camera movements and the general chaos.