Mordhau

Shields are retarded

414 418
 nohbdy

@Pred I mean in my experience most people didn't consistently play with them since it was a waste of time. Everyone knew they were broken and playing with them just inhibited testing for the new mechanics.

64 34
  • 5 May
 Crumly

@Xanith said:
nothing is more infuriating than having the upper hand in a 1vx and then some ape waddles up to you and just sits there and holds m2 and you cant do anything about it as you die while your wep bounces off his shield tbh

that's me (the ape)

Knight 34 30
  • 5 May
 Oatmate

I honeslty dont even feel like playing frontlines because how annoying it is. Its not like frontlines is a good enough mode to be enjoyed without good combat.

1154 1805

Why say all shields should be timing based? If 3pt falchion and 2pt targe costs the same as 5pt longsword and we already know longsword is better both offensively and offensively... why not go long sword every time?

Also, shield's are supposed to be soft counters to archery, timed block for shield removes that feature.

Shields should not be timing based (not all shields anyways) for meta diversity if nothing else, otherwise shields are just for people who felt like intentionally handicapping their offense by choosing to use 1h for roleplay purposes.

Targe and buckler being timing based makes sense since fighting locational deceptions with them would be harder than normal parry... but there's no reason why heater and kite shouldn't have a locational based defense which would still leave them a direct upgrade from normal timed parry... especially if you're a nooby starting out.

777 1030

okay I just played a frontline and 1 guy with heater and rapier was so fucking annoying cause he mastered the art of not being kicked that my empty threat of not playing the game has moved from an impossibility to an inevitability. That shit is fucking annoying. so broken. just delete shields if this is the gameplay I have to deal with.

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

The fact that I can counter them and you can't is sad and how do you know how much time I've put into this game even chiv for that matter. Just be lucky there isn't a shield bash. It's a weapon they used in those times. If your a faster character they are easy to get around if your a hammer character go over top of it for one shot to the head like I don't get how anyone is struggling here.

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

Delete shields because you haven't practice enough to beat them why not delete one shotting hammers or ten foot Spears or fast attacking weapons oh yeah it's a game. Everything can be beat. Stop complaining and figure it out. I beat shields all day.

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
I don't get how anyone is struggling here.

if they are retarded you can deal with them. If they are topping the leaderboard and know weapon distances and can read kick animation, why don't you explain to me how to deal with that? How do you deal with that if there is 1 other enemy there? I'm interested in learning how to deal with them if you actually know how. please enlighten all of us idiots.

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
why not delete one shotting hammers or ten foot Spears or fast attacking weapons oh yeah it's a game. Everything can be beat. Stop complaining and figure it out. I beat shields all day.

Why not? because NONE OF THESE WEAPONS UNDERMINE THE FUNDAMENTAL MECHANICS OF THE GAME?! DUR

you don't tell me how you beat them just say "it's ez to beat them" over and over

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

Guys for the love of God just keep parrying keep pressure and run them out of stamina then smack the shield out of their hands. If your talking about large scale battles shield and one hander is a support class. So a guy with a bastard sword swings once kills 3 people but shields gotta go.

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
Guys for the love of God just keep parrying keep pressure and run them out of stamina then smack the shield out of their hands. If your talking about large scale battles shield and one hander is a support class. So a guy with a bastard sword swings once kills 3 people but shields gotta go.

so in a 2v1 you just have to out stam the shield rapier user.... that is a great strat wow never mind shield rapier is balanced.

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

If theyre topping the leader board then they earned the right to lay you out and one shotting hammers don't ruin the game lol really full heavy guy one shots me that's okay but a guy having to stab you 3-4-5 times isn't okay?

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

Man you guys are unreal if your in a fucking 2v1 you put yourself there and I doubt the shield made a difference put 2v1 both have ten foot Spears good luck bud

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
If theyre topping the leader board then they earned the right to lay you out and one shotting hammers don't ruin the game lol really full heavy guy one shots me that's okay but a guy having to stab you 3-4-5 times isn't okay?

you don't know anything everyone else here doesn't know. You just seem to think it's okay that the only way to beat a shield is to out stam them, when everyone else realizes that's fucking retarded...

let me guess, you use a shield.

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

I'm talking about 1v1 obviously I don't see you bitching when you are the person with a buddy railing a shield guy into the wall.

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

I do not I use all types of weapons but hammer cause it's no fun one shotting someone for one mistake. In a 2v1 one guy could have a stick and your probably screwed you guys are talking about skill and all this other shit if someone is too ranking they worked hard to get there it's in the game. Your telling me that making the him run out of stam doesn't make sense lol

19 3
  • 5 May
 xFloshi

Read my comments I gave you like five ways to beat a shield

1543 1614

@xFloshi said:
if your in a fucking 2v1 you put yourself there

Ahaha. You jest!

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
Your telling me that making the him run out of stam doesn't make sense lol

You're*

if you really think they are so well balanced I can fight you about it, Show you how fucked it is.

777 1030

@xFloshi said:
Read my comments I gave you like five ways to beat a shield

okay now I just think you're a troll