Mordhau

Official server improvements being rolled out

1083 6138
  • 3 May
 crushed — Art

We've identified an issue causing the huge lag spikes on our official servers and are restarting them one-by-one to apply the fix. We're going to leave some servers as 48p, while others will be upgraded to 64p. Our next steps will be to increase the pool of official servers, and start doing improvements to the matchmaker. Thank you for your patience during our rocky launch!

20 28

Thank you for your diligence in rolling out patches/fixes!!!!!!

You're fans and people who see the amazing potential of this game and its core gameplay will stand by you as long as you stand by your community!

Duke 341 970

Awesome! Great work! Been having a blast - you all created something really special. :)

Knight 1269 3804
  • 3 May
 Frise

Be honest, was it that thing the guy on reddit said?

1083 6138
  • 3 May
 crushed — Art

@Frise said:
Be honest, was it that thing the guy on reddit said?

No.

777 1029

@AjaxTheLesser said:

You're fans and people who see the amazing potential of this game and its core gameplay will stand by you as long as you stand by your community!

your*

Sellsword 66 102

Nice work devs. This game is getting better and better and you guys are really showing you are a bunch of top developers getting these fixes out ASAP.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 3 May
 Lincs

Proud of you guys, you stayed calm and handled both of your big launch hurdles professionally. I'll be finally logging on to farm some peasants this weekend now that my finals are done. Can't wait to see what the next few months hold!

Empress 349 847

@Lincs said:
Proud of you guys, you stayed calm and handled both of your big launch hurdles professionally. I'll be finally logging on to farm some peasants this weekend now that my finals are done. Can't wait to see what the next few months hold!

farming lvls?

101 171
  • 3 May
 Sektor

Lag is definitely better, but ping continues to be a big issue. We did a group yesterday with some people from Greece and Cyprus and we continue to play in all servers with more than 90 ping when the servers have over 30 people. Is there something we can do for this? For south european zone in general, the ping is extremely high. This only happens on Mordhau, I have asked others aswell and it is the same for them.

20 28

@smellycathawk said:

@AjaxTheLesser said:

your*

Thanks!

Mercenary 2185 3899

CRESHEDv2.gif

This but cresh is banning da bugz

25 18
  • 3 May
 Krtex

this patch fixed the game for me, great game, stay stronk devs :)

985 6954
  • 3 May
 marox — Project Lead

@Sektor said:
Lag is definitely better, but ping continues to be a big issue. We did a group yesterday with some people from Greece and Cyprus and we continue to play in all servers with more than 90 ping when the servers have over 30 people. Is there something we can do for this? For south european zone in general, the ping is extremely high. This only happens on Mordhau, I have asked others aswell and it is the same for them.

In other games, which server locations work for your region?

101 171
 Sektor

@marox said:

@Sektor said:

In other games, which server locations work for your region?

Specific locations are not known to me, but I can tell you countries at least. German servers usually end up with 60 ping for me. France servers 60-65. Specifically I played mount and blade last week on a 200-man server (located in Germany) and had 62 ping maximum with 150 people on it. I have posted before the servers and games that I tested (1-2 weeks before Mordhau release) and I quote:

''Mount and Blade - Mount and Siege server located in Germany, 200 slot server. It had about 160 people on. 63 ping
Mercenaries mod server (mount and blade) central europe - 100 slot server, 50 people. 62 ping
Battlefield 1 - official Frankfurt server, 64 players slot - full server, 59 ping
Overwatch - Official EU - 54 ping
CSGO competitive matchmaking on a friend's account (EU) - 48 ping''

bolded text

All of these tests were done because of the strange pings I get in Mordhau. I thought it might be me in the end, but apparently all greek players play on the range of 80-100, and Cyprus players have it the worst, playing with 120 red ping constantly. All of the people I asked said the same thing, Mordhau is the only game that this happens.

I think its selfish to ask for specific south european servers considering the fact that you are a small company and not Steam that can afford servers everywhere, but I dont think that is a solution. The problem clearly only happens in Mordhau so it has to be either a server provider issue or a netcode/networking issue. Regardless, the game is pretty unplayable if you want to improve. I mean, we can play it, but obviously the hits that go through parries despite correct aiming is there, also the clunkiness that ping brings is very evident.

I played with a dude from Cyprus before a few minutes who port forwarded Mordhau ports aswell, he still gets 120 ping which is a 40-50 number higher than his normal in other games.

I understand that your resources are limited and you have a 9-man power, but if you could look at it, it would be great. Its really hard to enjoy frontlines at the moment and most of the official servers for us down here.

Lastly, I think the issue is with your server provider because the jumps in ping depending on server population is what changes the most. With 30 people in a frontline server, I get 75 ping. With 48 people, I get about 88. With 64, I get 96 with jumps to 110. The servers are being overloaded with traffic they cannot keep while being stable. Someone who plays normally with 20 ping will play with 40-50 on a 64p server while full. While 50 ping is ok, after 60 the changes are very crucial and affecting. For me 60 ping is normal and I can enjoy the game. With 90, I cannot, at all. At least not if I want to be somewhat competitive in the match. Which explains how a server from mount and blade can keep me with 60 ping with twice the people your servers have while my latency suffers in Mordhau. The problem is the server capacity and what the server can do, if its not networking/netcode.

1 0
  • 3 May
 Strade

Is it a proper place to report about a bag? Sorry if not. If I get lucky and have a connection to the server.. I can't take place in the battle. I respawn on the map as a ghost, can't touch anything, can't hit anyone and can't be seen by the enemies, but I can properly see the others actions. This happened on all of the "frontline" servers and on big team deathmatch maps and today I have only 45 ping but this happens instead. The only one server where I finally can play somehow was with the small map (at least I can hit enemies), but I lagging so hard that being teleported around the enemies with the ping of 80-84. Sorry for my English.

Knight 693 1581
  • 3 May
 das

My friends and I went to a Los Angeles Gpower (err... is that what the server provider is called?) server a couple days ago that was unofficial.

Had the same problem as most Los Angeles officials.

My friend and myself who live in Norcal had no problem.

My friends who lived in Los Angeles had a consistent ping of 100.

Baron 51 53
  • 3 May
 Mason

@das said:
My friends and I went to a Los Angeles Gpower (err... is that what the server provider is called?) server a couple days ago that was unofficial.

Had the same problem as most Los Angeles officials.

My friend and myself who live in Norcal had no problem.

My friends who lived in Los Angeles had a consistent ping of 100.

I live in SoCal and can confirm the Los Angeles servers were impossible to play on. I'll try again after work today and hopefully they are good to go.

11 9
  • 3 May
 DarkChanT

Thank you devs! Just keep the good work! This game has potential and deserves to be improved over the time. We'll keep playing and supporting the game as you keep working on updates and don't abandon the game. Let's go!

2 0
  • 3 May
 ODA117

Hi! Just a quick but an important question. After 8 hours of gameplay I logged off for a bit and then when I came back the game couldn't find the .exe file. Steam is currently complaining that there is an update required, even though I have the latest version.
I've included some pics of the problems and the files below.
At the moment I can not even backup the files because of the update requirment. I've also verified the integrity of of the game files and it says that they've been succesfully validated, although the disk usage is none for some reason.
Any and all help would be great, thanks.
Mordhau error2.PNG

Mordhau files.PNG
I've got a hunch that there should be a .exe file right around here.

Mordhau error3.PNG