Mordhau

HOTFIX: Progression

1083 6138
  • 2 May
 crushed — Art

First and foremost an apology to all players from our entire team.

The current state of the game is not the one we wanted you to experience at launch. It might sound cliché, but we were not able to keep up with the rapidly growing playerbase in this short amount of time.

On the bright side we were able to locate the problems that caused Gold and XP rewards to not be distributed properly, as well as unlocks not working in the Armory. - They should work properly now. We are also currently looking into ways to compensate players for their troubles.

Make sure to restart your game so the update gets applied! We are also currently restarting the servers on our end.

Additionally we've added some improvements to the Server Browser. You can now filter for a server name or set a ping limit.

Our top priority right now is to iron out the stability problems with our Official Servers, as well as bugs with the Matchmaker.

Thank you for all your patience despite these issues!

1 3
  • 2 May
 dondon

im still not geting xp or gold

6 5

I can't join games at all via server browser. Every time it try it results in an error 'Failed to join server'. Been the same since release, but I don't see everyone having this issue.

Can you confirm if this is being looked at?

1 0
  • 2 May
 daadamo

I'm not getting exp or gold as well. How will you know how much exp and gold to give to those who aren't?

Sellsword 66 102

Will try and report back once I get home. Anyone confirm if it's working?

777 1029

it's working for me now :)

what compensation would make people happy?
20 28

It works for me and my friend it seems to be working for a lot of people Thanks devs!

14 6
  • 2 May
 bae.

Restart your game/steam to get the update if you haven't already.

75 207

best devs 10/10

Duke 754 1200
  • 2 May
 Stumpy

I know your whole team is stressed out now, big release and problems like this arise. We outsiders dont know how hard this actually was to fix since this is most likely a quite intricate netcode problem. But you pushed through and fixed it.
I know alot of people are disappointed and i am too, but for me, this small incident does not shake the sturdy foundation this game has made for me. Such details, gameplay, trustworthy and open devs. A truly magnificient game.
All of you are worth your weight in gold.
Many of those who quit due to these problems would probably have quit regardless since this game was either too hard for them, or not really their type of game. The true fans will play this regardless and i bet my life on it that none of the kickstarter alpha, beta players have quit the game because of this incident with the gold and xp. We see the value of this game. And i hope you devs dont loose your feeling of value either. It can be easy to be disheartened when facing such problems and mass critiques.
But i know you will survive it, i trust you.
Congratulations on the massive success which is well deserved.
(Ps most game launches i've been part of has been much much worse than this. It's just in the nature of launches.)

-Duke Stumpy

Sellsword 66 102

Nice work devs!

Count 1452 3388

Alright - great! Keep on fixing things.

When checking out Steam reviews - mostly the negative ones - I personally found only a single one that just didn't like the game for the gameplay. The other thumbs down were all attributed to technical issues like the ones your now making strides to fix.

I am simply amazed by the reception of Mordhau. I mean I expected a lot of praise, but not on this scale. The fact that there are still tens of thousands of people playing despite not making a dime or any ingame progress just warms my heart.

Already can't wait what we'll see in future updates!

4 1

Fixed!!!

Nice job!

25 18
  • 2 May
 Krtex

@FeintRabbit said:
I can't join games at all via server browser. Every time it try it results in an error 'Failed to join server'. Been the same since release, but I don't see everyone having this issue.

Can you confirm if this is being looked at?

I have the same issue.
Sometimes i get a loading screen as if i'm joining a server, but it always end in 'Failed to join server'. It didn't happen a few months ago in alpha, when i last logged in to the game.

1334 1389

In that case try again with another server. It doesn't always end in 'Failed to join server'. Only often, for what it's worth.

7 5

It great that the gold/xp thing is sorted. My issue now is that server performance often makes the game unplayable. To be honest, I would prefer no gold or xp, but a playable game. I'm sure the devs are working on it, but just wanted to add my 2 cents. Performance should be the number 1 priority. No point getting XP if you're lagging through swords/players/doors etc. etc.

4 0

Hello devs, I need your help please or any CAM-PU-TOR savy people.

My games crashes, here is the message after crash:

Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x71b6088f

0x00007ffc5b111bbf PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc5b10dde8 PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc5b10f8bb PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc5b0003e2 PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784bfa525 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc5b148a91 PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc5b148587 PhysX3_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc63369bbe APEXFramework_x64.dll!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784c24d1c Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784c2489b Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7837e56fe Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7844f9dff Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff783b8baf3 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff783b92a11 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784d78e30 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784d7a4d7 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff784aa0556 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7849c0768 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7837e4cf9 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7837eacde Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7837ead5a Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff7837f3319 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ff78553cd56 Mordhau-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc83b44034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
0x00007ffc85013691 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

I have 8GB of Ram with a Radeon 480

Here is the usage while in the Mordhau Menu http://prntscr.com/njgf0u

Some guy told me it might be a vram problem but I don't understand I run the game perfectly fine on ultra and sometimes screen freezes and boom, crashes.

1334 1389

I don't understand the train of thought that led you to believe that posting this here will get the problem solved. I really don't.

7 5

fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game fix your game

1 0
  • 2 May
 Texan

The problem is due to the large number of players. The game is looking for a battle half an hour. Is it me, or is that a bad excuse?