Mordhau

A small unofficial update on the XP/gold issue

Knight 1815 2219
  • 1 May
 Void

The team's server man may have found a solution.
However, there are no guarantees yet. They have to test it to make sure it's actually a fix.
There is no ETA yet, but they are working really hard until it's fixed.

Now, what happens after it's fixed:

There will probably not be a reset of XP and gold.

As the devs said there will be a compensation that will come after the progression is fixed.
It will probably be a flat amount, as it's probably impossible to award it based on stats.
They are not at the point yet to decide the exact amount, because it will be accordingly to the time it takes for the issue to be fixed. The longer it takes the bigger the compensation.

I hope it's an actual fix and you guys can finally enjoy the game as you should.
Thank you all for your patience.

Knight 116 243
  • 1 May
 Radfox

Thanks for the update!

101 173
 Sektor

Stats exist on our card with how many kills we have etc. Use that aswell. Its been a shitstorm for the release so far, if you give out a shit compensation then people will get even more mad... Also no ETA is worrying. People wont stay for a week without progress. I dont mind personally, I act like its 2004 and I play unreal tournament, no progression or w/e back then. The main issue is servers lag spikes. Even if we cant progress, we should play smoothly. Which we dont.

Also post this update on steam, majority does not look here. And rethink about the flat compensation....

1 0

Thanks, hopefully it's fixed soon.

2 6
  • 1 May
 rako

stats.png

I don't wanna sound like a backseat developer, but if our stats saved then how about a flat rate of 5k + 10 gold per kill, and 5 xp per kill? Like those are my stats during my 21 hours of gameplay, that's a fair bit of experience gained here, and considering the flat rate you might assign for the average player, it will mostly undercut my time and experience gained in-game, and could put a sour taste for some players, including me. I am an average player at best, and there are many other people that are much better me, so their rewards shouldn't be the same as me, since well, they do better in game.

Awarding me 10 gold per my kill would give me 9730 gold, which isn't bad in my opinion, lets me unlock a more expensive piece of armor - With XP it'd be harder, as the requirements change per level and it's not a linear progression.

2 1
  • 1 May
 Fornax

Just make every cosmetic available

10 3

flat amount? that is bs. just give flat+based on kills to at least give us the feeling our time wasnt wasted.
i for one kept playing under the assumption that progress would at least be logged and compensated for.
not cool dudes.

Knight 399 868
  • 1 May
 Alphonse

@rako said:
I don't wanna sound like a backseat developer, but if our stats saved then how about a flat rate of 5k + 10 gold per kill, and 5 xp per kill?

Could work because a flat rate usually sucks. Still, I have a hunch all those stats might be saving locally and someone could potentially edit them and get 6m gold.

34 19

Still doesnt work.

777 1029

@Void said:
The team's server man may have found a solution.
However, there are no guarantees yet. They have to test it to make sure it's actually a fix.
There is no ETA yet, but they are working really hard until it's fixed.

Now, what happens after it's fixed:

There will probably not be a reset of XP and gold.

As the devs said there will be a compensation that will come after the progression is fixed.
It will probably be a flat amount, as it's probably impossible to award it based on stats.
They are not at the point yet to decide the exact amount, because it will be accordingly to the time it takes for the issue to be fixed. The longer it takes the bigger the compensation.

I hope it's an actual fix and you guys can finally enjoy the game as you should.
Thank you all for your patience.

You're joking right?

A flat rate would just ruin the progression system for everyone.

Just reset progression.

As compensation give everyone who bought at launch a unique skin or item. That way initial progression is not ruined for half of the players who aren't upset because they don't simply have items, but are just wanting to experience the progression system as it was intended. A flat rate makes it entirely pointless and is the absolute laziest form of compensation i can think of, and you will lose players over it.

The item shows you stuck with the game at its worst. Something tangible, something that doesn't render your own fucking progression system utterly pointless.

Thanks.

7 0
 takilung

Depending on how much is given if its too small expect a mass amount of negative reviews on steam

I hope u guys understand 3 days full of farming equals to how many xp/ gold

In a day someone can get to level 12 already, thats like 20000 gold+

1 1
  • 2 May
 Nev

im still level 1 after playing 6 hours, nice joke

777 1029

@takilung said:
Depending on how much is given expect if its too small expect a mass amount of negative reviews on steam

If it's too big it renders the system pointless. so why do it? It's shit compensation.

7 0
  • 2 May
 takilung

@smellycathawk said:

If it's too big it renders the system pointless. so why do it? It's shit compensation.

Why do it what? they had 3 days to fix the issue and yet its not resolve, and yet they prioritize adding more servers which is dumb because finding server is already very easy. Its PROGRESSION that is the problem and should be 1st priority

Instead the devs choose to add more servers as first priority, can you see how dumb that is?

ppl are stupid and doesn't know how to find server, matchmaking is broken, so u had to manually find server in browe and its easy

Knight 334 777
  • 2 May
 AngelEyes

People consciously continued to play the game when they were perfectly aware the progression was broken. That's on you.

They promised compensation and that's it. They didn't promise compensation on customer basis by basis terms.

777 1029

@rako said:
stats.png

I don't wanna sound like a backseat developer, but if our stats saved then how about a flat rate of 5k + 10 gold per kill, and 5 xp per kill? Like those are my stats during my 21 hours of gameplay, that's a fair bit of experience gained here, and considering the flat rate you might assign for the average player, it will mostly undercut my time and experience gained in-game, and could put a sour taste for some players, including me. I am an average player at best, and there are many other people that are much better me, so their rewards shouldn't be the same as me, since well, they do better in game.

Awarding me 10 gold per my kill would give me 9730 gold, which isn't bad in my opinion, lets me unlock a more expensive piece of armor - With XP it'd be harder, as the requirements change per level and it's not a linear progression.

wait where is that screen?

10 3

top left on main menu, and then its the scroll icon or something like it

4 0

as long as the problem this rule is all that interests me

Knight 1815 2219
  • 2 May
 Void

Good news:
Gold/XP issue resolved
Fix coming up