Mordhau

Black People in Mordhau: The Harsh Reality

1059 1697

Sorry for the meme title but in all seriousness can we get black people added soonish?

Theoretically aren't a few more skin color options and maybe dreaded hair all that's necessary to accommodate darker players? Saracen armor and all that can come as DLC but shouldn't a black skin color and dreaded hair have been easy to make from the get go?

23 9
  • 1 May
 Cpt.Blitz

I have no doubt this will be added... as well as female models.

Knight 99 263
 GAYFISH

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Sorry for the meme title but in all seriousness can we get black people added soonish?

Theoretically aren't a few more skin color options and maybe dreaded hair all that's necessary to accommodate darker players? Saracen armor and all that can come as DLC but shouldn't a black skin color and dreaded hair have been easy to make from the get go?

Gib body hair slider with black skin so we can make our own Donkey Kongs and embrace our inner caveman OOK spirit power.

3 2

It would take the devs literally less than an hour to implement darker skin tones in game. It's pretty shitty they've left this a pasty white game

80 35
  • 9 Jun
 SkinnyPete

@GAYFISH said:

Gib body hair slider with black skin so we can make our own Donkey Kongs and embrace our inner caveman OOK spirit power.

You really are a racist white teen huh? Reported.

Knight 7577 13875

I might be imagining things, but I swear I heard at one point that the reason they haven't added dark skin tones is that they want to make an actual fitting facial structure baseline for those dark skin tones before they add them in.

Knight 99 263
  • 9 Jun
 GAYFISH

@SkinnyPete said:

@GAYFISH said:

You really are a racist white teen huh? Reported.

I asked for jet black skin color and body hair to make literal ape costumes, the fact that you assumed that I meant Africans says A LOT more about you than it does me.
So very progressive of you.

110 70
  • 9 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

Yes, and lets have female amputees fighting too.
No.
The fact of the matter is that negroes were never knights in actual real history, so adding literal black knights is immersionbreaking af.
call me waciss all you want, but that's just a fact. deal with it.
if africans are added they should be restricted to loincloth and flint spears, because that's literally the actual pinnacle of their medieval prime time.

110 70
  • 9 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

@ZachJamesGames said:
It would take the devs literally less than an hour to implement darker skin tones in game. It's pretty shitty they've left this a pasty white game

muh diversiteeeeeh.
we white people just can't have anything to ourselves, can we??
we can't live in our lands in peace.
we can't travel in peace.
now we can't even play our fucking video games in peace, without some nog like yourself screaming bloody murder over the lack of negroids. why don't you go play one of the million other games that cater to people like you? there's plenty of SJW cancer games out there you can play, so leave Mordhau alone.

i'll give it less than a fucking year before YOU PEOPLE ruin the game.

45 104
  • 10 Jun
 Degeneracy

fuck off go play fortnite

Baron 6 3
  • 10 Jun
 pants

@ZachJamesGames said:

most games add it lazily like that and it looks terrible

Knight 7577 13875
  • 10 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@SerJaGGsaW said:
The fact of the matter is that negroes were never knights in actual real history, so adding literal black knights is immersionbreaking af.

Well they're not knights, they're mercenaries, and this isn't a historical game so idk my man

6 15

@SerJaGGsaW said:

muh diversiteeeeeh.
now we can't even play our fucking video games in peace, without some nog like yourself screaming bloody murder over the lack of negroids. why don't you go play one of the million other games that cater to people like you? there's plenty of SJW cancer games out there you can play, so leave Mordhau alone.

Chill the fuck out. Nobody is saying that there were black knights during the medieval era. All of the characters/classes you create are given the name 'Mercenary' for a reason. It is an all-encompassing term that allows any type of person to use the arms and armor available in the game.

Also, there were definitely people living in the Middle East and northern Africa who had access to good weaponry. Ever heard of Damascus steel? Quite literally the best steel that was produced during the Middle Ages. Even the Viking 'Ulfberht' swords used ingots imported from the Middle East and India. Southeast Europe had many traders and immigrants from across Anatolia and further east. For fuck's sake, modern-day Morocco is just a stone's throw away from southern Spain. It doesn't break the game's historical accuracy to include a few darker skin tones and a dark skin pigment doesn't automatically mean that someone is from sub-Saharan Africa.

People like you are the reason everyone thinks of conservatives as racist idiots.

110 70
  • 10 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:

Well they're not knights, they're mercenaries, and this isn't a historical game so idk my man

Right okay, so then if they get added, they can only equip loincloth as armor and only use flint spears/knives for their weapons... that means no maces (safe for the branch), bardiches, poleaxes, actual metal spears, halberds, rapiers, arming, short, great swords etc. etc.
and their shield is restricted to breakable zebra skin plates that can take 3 hits before they disintegrate.
also, we need to be able to determine the intensity in color of their lips from dark black to bright red.
then we got a deal.
can you name any medieval nation that actually hired a bunch of nog mercs instead of getting actual skilled european knights? can you prove this even happened ever?

110 70
  • 10 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

@scribeuntitled said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:

muh diversiteeeeeh.

Chill the fuck out. Nobody is saying that there were black knights during the medieval era. All of the characters/classes you create are given the name 'Mercenary' for a reason. It is an all-encompassing term that allows any type of person to use the arms and armor available in the game.

Also, there were definitely people living in the Middle East and northern Africa who had access to good weaponry. Ever heard of Damascus steel? Quite literally the best steel that was produced during the Middle Ages. Even the Viking 'Ulfberht' swords used ingots imported from the Middle East and India. Southeast Europe had many traders and immigrants from across Anatolia and further east. For fuck's sake, modern-day Morocco is just a stone's throw away from southern Spain. It doesn't break the game's historical accuracy to include a few darker skin tones and a dark skin pigment doesn't automatically mean that someone is from sub-Saharan Africa.

People like you are the reason everyone thinks of conservatives as racist idiots.

who said i was conservative though... that's literally just an assumption on your behalf.
can you name any black mercenary army that set foot in europe though?... trading =/= warfare

Duke 5473 13074
  • 10 Jun
 Jax — Community Manager

quit whining, we're adding more skin tones in the future

thing is if we just take "white dude face #1/2" and make them have darker skin tones it will look weird, we have to make new face models for it to work properly and not look like mordhau blackface

Knight 7577 13875
  • 10 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@SerJaGGsaW said:
can you name any medieval nation that actually hired a bunch of nog mercs instead of getting actual skilled european knights? can you prove this even happened ever?

No, but it doesn't matter anyway since this isn't a historical game :^ )

Knight 46 67

Yeah, we could use darker skin tones. You can't even make a poor white peasant farmer who's been tanned from working in the sun with his shirt off all his life.

Duke 5473 13074
  • 10 Jun
 Jax — Community Manager

@SerJaGGsaW said:

who said i was conservative though... that's literally just an assumption on your behalf.
can you name any black mercenary army that set foot in europe though?... trading =/= warfare

271b85527bc6111eae680d5fc3e22a0e

look up the Moors

110 70
  • 10 Jun
 SerJaGGsaW

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:

No, but it doesn't matter anyway since this isn't a historical game :^ )

but you based your argument on this.
why does it suddenly not matter?