Mordhau

Failed to join server

6 5

Anyone have any advice for getting into a server? I saw the pinned post yesterday, but it seems to have gone and people are playing now.

The server browser fails to join every time, I've been trying for about and hour last night and today (aussie).
I've also tried via match making which never finds a game.

I've cleared steam download cache, verified game files, set my download location to russia and turned off firewall and nothing has worked.

My game shows release build #1 on the main screen.

Any ideas?

Knight 25 20
  • 1 May
 ExecuDoge

Aussie as well, I had the same problem last night, probably spent about 1.5 hours trying to get into any server (matchmaking and browser). Using the server browser failed every time and whenever matchmaking would finally find a game i'd start loading in only to get a server is full message.

Not sure about the 'failed to join' but I also think we need more AU servers?

Knight 1815 2219
  • 2 May
 Void

Try searching on the server list window. Tick all the checkboxes and also filter with game type. Wait for 10-15 secs.
There is currently an issue with the servers. The devs are working on a fix.

6 5

I am able to see all of the servers in the list, I just cannot join them. Every time is says 'Failed to join server'

6 5

I've also tried tethering my phone for internet, changed DNS from Google to ISP and reinstalling the game.

Disabled steam overlay.

Reinstalled steam & re-downloaded Mordhau again. No luck.

4 0
  • 5 May
 Winter

Hello there, i'm suffering the same issue, do you have any solution?
Thank you !

13 0
  • 6 May
 astashz

Match marking never finds game too, refreshing server broswer taking a long time...

13 0
  • 6 May
 astashz

@FeintRabbit said:
I am able to see all of the servers in the list, I just cannot join them. Every time is says 'Failed to join server'

You can try join where your friends go. (steam -> friends -> join the same game)

4 0
  • 6 May
 Winter

I tried to join a friend, it doesn't work...

2 0
  • 6 May
 Codes

I am getting this issue as well. Every server I try to join says failed to join server.

1 0
  • 6 May
 Uboat405

bought this game 3 days ago, i can't join any PvP match until now only played with bot and there is a bug with gold/exp too. dear dev please fix this issue ASAP :(

6 5

The only way I can get into a match is via matchmaking, which takes 15-30min. It seems to only join to official servers that are just starting a round. Joining from server browser and join a friend will always give 'failed to join'.
I've reinstalled steam, the game, disabled firewall, antivirus etc.

Still no fix to the problem and it seems like a few people are having this issue , and I've seen lots of posters here and on reddit. Hopefully as the dust settles on major issues, dev can respond to this issue.

6 5

FYI, I've reached out to Jax and he's confirmed it's being looked at.

4 0
  • 9 May
 Winter

@FeintRabbit said:
FYI, I've reached out to Jax and he's confirmed it's being looked at.

Hello again, who's Jax ? I e-mailed the support team, waiting for an answer.
Thank you for keeping this up to date

1 0
  • 10 May
 Luxhero

Hi guys, I recommend watching this video on How to Fix "failed to join" error for Mordhau.
These are tweaks on your system you can do in order to improve your client sided network connection, hope it helps.
https://youtu.be/877jIkhaIIQ

53 96
  • 10 May
 Fusha

The game also gives you that message if you try to join a server from the server list while you still have a matchmaking search going on

4 0
  • 11 May
 Winter

I installed the new update, i still can't manage to play