Mordhau

Buff kick range / speed / movement speed.

529 278

The kick is kind of a joke, even when I am facehugging, all you have to do is step backwards and you will not get hit by the kick, you should not be able to do that. We need more of a sprinting kick effect with decent speed, and range. Not just shield huggers stepping back 1 step, and laughing.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 30 Apr
 Frise

Kick is extremely useful for punishing people that predictably run towards you and morph. Kick doesn't need a buff, you just don't know how to use it.

Knight 334 777
114 195

@Frise said:
Kick is extremely useful for punishing people that predictably run towards you and morph. Kick doesn't need a buff, you just don't know how to use it.

I feel like in that scenario there's a million other things you could do aside from kick to counter that

Knight 1269 3804
  • 30 Apr
 Frise

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
I feel like in that scenario there's a million other things you could do aside from kick to counter that

if you have a fast weapon you can gamble with a stab but a kick is faster, harder to react to, and the stamina loss is devastating.

529 278

@Frise said:

Exactly, its extremely situational against only those who are noob enough to just face hug you, and not step back when you kick. What about 99% of the rest of the time, or when players actually learn how to play? Kick is for people who are sitting there hugging their shield grinning in your face. Trust me, against half decent players it is useless. Stop just being argumentative for the sake of disagreeing. It needs a buff, and only a fool would think otherwise.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 30 Apr
 Frise

You have no idea what a decent player does because you've demonstrated several times that your understanding of the game is minimal. Kicks are useful and they don't need a buff. If anything, they need a range nerf, because you can gamble with them from moderate distances, not just facehug. Stop talking about things you don't understand. Go play the game and learn.

Knight 334 777
  • 1 May
 AngelEyes

@Christian2222 said:

Trust me, against half decent players it is useless.

Quite sure you haven't faced even a close to being close to a half decent player. Throw some names down.
You bold faced lied to this community when you were called out for not owning the beta like you were taking notes from Jussie Smollet, why would anyone trust you anyway?

Honestly man, Stick to Steam Forums. you've sorta lost any credibility whatsoever for anyone taking you seriously here and you sorta did it to yourself.
Kick won't be seeing any substantial changes. We've gone through many tweaks of both kick and all the mechanics for the past 2 years. Just please try to understand that. Try.

529 278

Go up against someone half decent, face hug them, have them just step back, not even dodging as you kick.. They will be completely out of range, and you will be standing there looking goofy open up to attacks. it is only useful when someone is backed into a corner (or of course if they just running right at you and have no reaction speed) Then these shield guys just float up to you and wait for you to hit their shield, and you can't kick them. maybe if you are naked, and they are full armor, but otherwise, NO, you can't kick them.

You are the ones who are lying here, not me. And using the same mechanics for 2 years doesn't mean they are perfect, so your arguments are pretty invalid.

Tired of this nonsense. Anyone can see it needs a buff.

Knight 99 263
  • 2 May
 GAYFISH

@Christian2222 said:
Go up against someone half decent, face hug them, have them just step back, not even dodging as you kick.. They will be completely out of range, and you will be standing there looking goofy open up to attacks. it is only useful when someone is backed into a corner (or of course if they just running right at you and have no reaction speed) Then these shield guys just float up to you and wait for you to hit their shield, and you can't kick them. maybe if you are naked, and they are full armor, but otherwise, NO, you can't kick them.

You are the ones who are lying here, not me. And using the same mechanics for 2 years doesn't mean they are perfect, so your arguments are pretty invalid.

Tired of this nonsense. Anyone can see it needs a buff.

This is coming from someone who gets shit talked for using kick so much and effectively. You don't know shit about using kicks even slightly.
Kicks are insanely good at punishing feints and punishing players who crutch on chambers too much.
If you land a kick your opponent won't be able to chamber for a short time. On top of that kick follow up attacks are much faster than regular ones but they can still be feinted. The end result being nearly unreadable feints even for alpha veterans.

The thing about kicks is they require good spacing/footwork to actually use, something you obviously don't have.
Which is why they're good where they're at, but you'll still probably say they aren't because you have the brain capacity of a fucking cabbage.