Mordhau

Idea to balance 1vx

530 282
  • 30 Apr '19
 Christian2222

I know nobody likes my ideas..... but learn to suck it up =D

After getting ganked by about 6 guys today I realized how helpful it would be for 1vx if you couldn't get flinch spammed. so maybe if 1 or 2 people hit you, it flinches you, then there is a cooldown of say a second or so where you can attack, and not get flinched, this will help you actually be able to fight when you are getting spammed on. Maybe it could even be a perk.

So getting flinched 1v1, or just against 2 guys maybe it wont make a difference, but after that you will actually be able to attack.

The problem with 1vx isn't that you can't block, it's that you can't get an attack off with 4+ guys smacking you.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 30 Apr '19
 Frise

We already have unflinchable riposte. Nobody likes your ideas because you don't understand how the game plays out at all and act like you know shit. Your ideas are shit.

6 11
  • 1 May '19
 Hellcat

@Christian2222 said:
I know nobody likes my ideas..... but learn to suck it up =D

After getting ganked by about 6 guys today I realized how helpful it would be for 1vx if you couldn't get flinch spammed. so maybe if 1 or 2 people hit you, it flinches you, then there is a cooldown of say a second or so where you can attack, and not get flinched, this will help you actually be able to fight when you are getting spammed on. Maybe it could even be a perk.

So getting flinched 1v1, or just against 2 guys maybe it wont make a difference, but after that you will actually be able to attack.

The problem with 1vx isn't that you can't block, it's that you can't get an attack off with 4+ guys smacking you.

So what you want is For Honor's Revenge system but made more cancerous. If you are in a position to be ganked by 6+ dudes you are in the wrong place and should probably stick closer to team / learn when to get out and cut losses / stop overextending. Game mechanics shouldn't save you from that kind of bad decision.

Emperor 400 927
  • 1 May '19
 Soulcatcher

@Christian2222 said:

The problem with 1vx isn't that you can't block, it's that you can't get an attack off with 4+ guys smacking you.

So, being outnumbered, in general is not a good situation to be in. The game doesn't hold your hand too much.

Getting surrounded by 4+ people and wanting something to help you combat them?

na mate

don't get cornered by 4 dudes to begin with

1404 2117

I love getting cornered by 4 dudes in the bar's bathroom.

6 11
  • 1 May '19
 Hellcat

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I love getting cornered by 4 dudes in the bar's bathroom.

What if they are running rapiers.

1404 2117

Jokes on them, Estoc can out rapier the rapier, even four of them.

~If it wasn't for date rape I'd never get laid~

Knight 162 231
  • 1 May '19
 Q

@Frise said:
We already have unflinchable riposte. Nobody likes your ideas because you don't understand how the game plays out at all and act like you know shit. Your ideas are shit.

Frise, it is your job to jump in everyone's thread, & tell them that their opinions are worthless, then insult them?

The OP is just offering some ideas/suggestions, give him a break.

Knight 103 267
  • 1 May '19
 GAYFISH

@Q said:

@Frise said:
We already have unflinchable riposte. Nobody likes your ideas because you don't understand how the game plays out at all and act like you know shit. Your ideas are shit.

Frise, it is your job to jump in everyone's thread, & tell them that their opinions are worthless, then insult them?

The OP is just offering some ideas/suggestions, give him a break.

Tbf, this specific OP has a history of posting terrible ideas while acting as if he's knowledgeable on the game when it's obvious he's a very new player.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 1 May '19
 Frise

@Q said:

@Frise said:
We already have unflinchable riposte. Nobody likes your ideas because you don't understand how the game plays out at all and act like you know shit. Your ideas are shit.
The OP is just offering some ideas/suggestions, give him a break.

Are you not familiar with OP? He's been insulting everyone that disagrees with him in every thread, adding nothing ever to any discussion, and getting angry when anybody tells him why he's wrong. Look at his comment history.

158 57
  • 1 May '19
 MyDudeximus

Lmao OP got dicked down gangbang style

Knight 162 231
  • 1 May '19
 Q

Honestly, I can at least entertain this idea. It was actually long ago established in the first-person shooter genre. Remember games like GoldenEye 64 used to flinch the player when hit. It wasn't too much of a problem when dealing with a single foe, but was infuriating when dealing with multiple enemies. As it prevented you from returning fire.

Could this work in a melee slasher though? I'm not sure. For example, would no flinch introduce hit trades?

Knight 1269 3811
  • 2 May '19
 Frise

@Q said:
For example, would no flinch introduce hit trades?

Genuinely don't know whether you're trolling or not.

Knight 162 231
  • 2 May '19
 Q

Nah I'm serious. It would do, wouldn't it? As there would be nothing to flinch incoming attacks.

1949 2033
  • 2 May '19
 SWSeriousMike

IMPLEMENT DOUBLE KO NOW!

6 4
  • 2 May '19
 reym

@Q said:
Honestly, I can at least entertain this idea. It was actually long ago established in the first-person shooter genre. Remember games like GoldenEye 64 used to flinch the player when hit. It wasn't too much of a problem when dealing with a single foe, but was infuriating when dealing with multiple enemies. As it prevented you from returning fire.

Could this work in a melee slasher though? I'm not sure. For example, would no flinch introduce hit trades?

They have decided to not allow hit trades so people with higher damages/armor could not go and do some braindead trades to win their fights (at least it's how I see it). Which in my opinion should be preserve if they don't want to deal with a ton of weapon and armor balancing.
And actually it wouldn't even fix the 1VX problem (implying there is one ... oh wait there isn't a problem) since the X could go braindead all striking the guy and ignoring his riposte since they will probably kill him while he will just injure one guy.
So to sum up. Doesn't fix the issue, potentially create a lot of others.

Knight 337 777
  • 2 May '19
 AngelEyes

We already have no flinch in riposte why is this thread real