Mordhau

Stuttering and Freezing Issues

2 2
  • 22 May
 izPhil

I absolutely love this game, but the microstuttering is really turning me off of it. I'd play it every day otherwise. I've tried turning everything to minimum, including rendering resolution and it still happens. Tried updating drivers, setting Mordhau to maximum cpu usage, disabling extra audio inputs/outputs. Nothing seems to work.Pastebin URL to Dxdiag report I hope you can find the issue.

Sellsword 4 0
  • 22 May
 Cody1750

I was getting micro stutters after patch 4 and reinstalling the game fixed the problem for me.

3 4
  • 22 May
 Blash

ffs this game is unplayable.. hope they get notice that and solve it or it would be a massive fail.. the game will be dead like for honor and every other game which launched with performance issues

2 2
  • 23 May
 izPhil

@Cody1750 said:
I was getting micro stutters after patch 4 and reinstalling the game fixed the problem for me.

I'll try this myself and let you know if it worked.

edit: It actually worked for the most part. I get a hiccup maybe once per game but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before. The one or two hiccups are even shorter than before so it's mostly enjoyable now.

3 5
  • 24 May
 Plex

Also haven't been able to play for several days due to freezes / stuttering, ping increase, lag spikes and packetloss. Game ran fine on max settings until recently. The game is unplayable right now.

I have tried disabling audio, reinstalling game, verifying, high cpu priority, running on low, ect... has not fixed anything.

Do we know if they have made it public that they are aware of a problem? It seems like it is impacting a buttload of people.

7 3
  • 24 May
 baghoul

Same thing here. I really love the game but it's basically unplayable. Would love to know if the developers have acknowledged the problem.

2 1
  • 24 May
 ChupiKreme

Reporting in with the same issue here, game ran mostly fine on Ultra settings a few days ago with an occasional freeze here and there, but now its stuttering like crazy and its become unplayable.

7 3
  • 26 May
 baghoul

UPDATE: When I turn the volume all the way to 0 and have sound off, the freezing stops. Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? For now I'm just playing with no sound.

53 96
  • 26 May
 Fusha

@baghoul said:
UPDATE: When I turn the volume all the way to 0 and have sound off, the freezing stops. Anyone have any insight on how to fix this? For now I'm just playing with no sound.

From a previous post in this very thread:

@Strigon1 said:
OK BOYS I finally found a fix that works for me (AMD CPU)
For me personally, the issue was/is completely related to audio. You will know very quickly if your freezing problem is audio related if you lower EFFECTS VOLUME to 0 in the in game settings menu. This was a temporary fix for me but obviously nobody wants to play the game on mute.

1. Disable any audio drivers you aren't using in device manager
  2. Make sure you are using surround 7.1 speaker. For example I have realtekHD and it was set to stereo for some reason instead of 7.1.
7 3
  • 26 May
 baghoul

@Fusha said:

@baghoul said:

From a previous post in this very thread:

@Strigon1 said:
OK BOYS I finally found a fix that works for me (AMD CPU)
For me personally, the issue was/is completely related to audio. You will know very quickly if your freezing problem is audio related if you lower EFFECTS VOLUME to 0 in the in game settings menu. This was a temporary fix for me but obviously nobody wants to play the game on mute.

1. Disable any audio drivers you aren't using in device manager
  2. Make sure you are using surround 7.1 speaker. For example I have realtekHD and it was set to stereo for some reason instead of 7.1.

Only one audio driver on and my sound is set to surround. Unfortunately, that did not help. For now I'm just playing with sound off.

21 8
  • 26 May
 Defman

Re-installing the game didn't help. The only working solution is sound effects 0, but it's unplayable without sound effects.

6 2

looks like devs don't give a shit tbh

21 8
  • 26 May
 Defman

I added -useallavailablecores to my launch options and I haven't had any lag since then. Please try that :)

upd: removed -dx12, it causes crashes.

7 3
  • 26 May
 baghoul

@Defman said:
I added -dx12 -useallavailablecores to my launch options and I haven't had any lag since then. Please try that :)

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

Glad someone got the problem fixed, though!

3 0

@Defman said:
Re-installing the game didn't help. The only working solution is sound effects 0, but it's unplayable without sound effects.

I've also had to play with no sound effects. I tried the previously mentioned fix of setting to surround sound which helped (minorly?) but it did not make enough of a difference to warrant having the sounds turned on, while I am actually noticing worse performance after a reinstall. I find it a bit disappointing as apparently there's a lot of audio cues during fighting that helps to predict feints, and I'm left constantly wondering if I keep getting flanked because I'm deaf or bad (or both?).

Hopefully the devs can implement some kind of change soon because I'd really like to play this more.

21 8
  • 27 May
 Defman

@MrMmmHumdada said:

@Defman said:

I've also had to play with no sound effects. I tried the previously mentioned fix of setting to surround sound which helped (minorly?) but it did not make enough of a difference to warrant having the sounds turned on, while I am actually noticing worse performance after a reinstall. I find it a bit disappointing as apparently there's a lot of audio cues during fighting that helps to predict feints, and I'm left constantly wondering if I keep getting flanked because I'm deaf or bad (or both?).

Hopefully the devs can implement some kind of change soon because I'd really like to play this more.

Yup, without sound effects it's almost impossible to play good. You depend a lot on sound effects.

Btw, have you tried my fix? If you're using an AMD processor, I think this would help a lot because I guess the game does not utilize all cores by default (and AFAIK AMD is about multiprocessing and multithreading, but it sucks a bit when we're talking about performance using 1 thread).

13 4
  • 27 May
 Evan_

@Defman said:
I added -useallavailablecores to my launch options and I haven't had any lag since then. Please try that :)

THANK YOU!

I struggled with troubleshooting the stuttering and crashes for a week. I tried every bloody thing anyone could ever think of. This one didn't just eliminate my crashes, but my performance skyrocketed!

Five finished matches and counting, zero issues!
I could barely finish a game before!

EDIT:
And crashed on the 6th game. Stability seems to be improved, but still not flawless.

4 0
  • 27 May
 rstefunko

Hello,
I had the same issue, from time to time stuttering, but especially in the fight so it represented a huge problem.

My solution for this, was to turn Cloths in game from all cloths to none. I was testing this for two hours to be sure that there is a difference and there is like 90% correlation.

As i was reading this post about all the hints to update drivers & audio related stuff , it was eventually so simple.

Hope you find this useful.

11 3
  • 28 May
 Septr

I have average/stable at around 130 fps in high pop frontline servers, 180 fps in low pop/duel servers.

The problem I'm having is this: Halfway through a frontline match or earlier, on Grad and Camp specifically, fps becomes extremely choppy at around 40 fps average with a lot of input lag as well.

Devs let me know if you want more info to help fix this issue. Here's my userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17131400

Besides leaving and re-joining a server, is there an equivalent command in ue4 to the WoW command /reloadui or something similar? Some way to unload then reload the map/whatever without losing gold/xp?

Also I'm having crash to desktop, mostly in menu's after leaving a server then trying to join a new one, but sometimes in game too.

pls respond

1 6
  • 28 May
 Boosy

Here is how you fix the problem, it is something to do with realtek audio cards and amd fx cpu's, if your game works with no freezing if you turn the audio off then you have this problem.
Navigate in your game files to your config, it should be here E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Engine\Config
Open the BaseEngine Configuration setting file
Scroll to the bottom of the file and you will see "[Messaging]
bAllowDelayedMessaging=false"
hit enter after this line twice to make sure you format correctly, and then paste this.
[/script/engine.audiosettings]
bDisableMasterEQ=True
save the file and start up mordhau, your freezing should be fixed.

Hope this helps some of you that are having stuttering and freezes.