Mordhau

Stuttering and Freezing Issues

9 4
  • 9 May
 Narcoma

Chiming in with the AMD FX8350 and the GTX770. I don't experience micro stutters, but certain waves of FPS drops from 50-60 to 10-15. Every wave lasts a couple of seconds to minutes. It isn't happens everywhere, online matches, local matches, tutorial.

9 0
  • 9 May
 Sulfur

@Strigon1 said:
OK BOYS I finally found a fix that works for me (AMD CPU)
For me personally, the issue was/is completely related to audio. You will know very quickly if your freezing problem is audio related if you lower EFFECTS VOLUME to 0 in the in game settings menu. This was a temporary fix for me but obviously nobody wants to play the game on mute.

1. Disable any audio drivers you aren't using in device manager
  2. Make sure you are using surround 7.1 speaker. For example I have realtekHD and it was set to stereo for some reason instead of 7.1.

This works, having no stuttering issues after doing this

9 2

@Sulfur said:

@Strigon1 said:
For me personally, the issue was/is completely related to audio. You will know very quickly if your freezing problem is audio related if you lower EFFECTS VOLUME to 0 in the in game settings menu. This was a temporary fix for me but obviously nobody wants to play the game on mute.

2. Make sure you are using surround 7.1 speaker. For example I have realtekHD and it was set to stereo for some reason instead of 7.1.

Where is the option to change stereo to surround in realtek HD?

9 0
  • 9 May
 Sulfur

@SirBorryvonHinten said:

@Sulfur said:

@Strigon1 said:

Where is the option to change stereo to surround in realtek HD?

{For Windows 10}

Search function
control panel
view by small/large icons
realtek HD audio
speaker configuration

21 8
 Defman

I'm using my AT2020 USB mic with an audio card built-in so I can't change my sound to 7.1, but I'm going to try disable every other audio source. Hope that helps.

UPD: that didn't help. Still freezes from time to time. Disabling effects helped though, but I can't play like that.

UPD 2: even disabling sound effects doesn't help that much, it still freezes from time to time, but the fps does not drop to 1 but to 10-15.

12 11
  • 9 May
 Watto

As the author of the post I can confirm for me this is definitely an audio issue for myself I turned down the audio effects and the game runs a lot better I tried turning the effects audio back up while in game and the freezing/stuttering instantly returned. Thank you to everyone and @Strigon1 for locating the problem I hope this post helps people fix their game problem also if yours is still continuing to do this be sure to keep updating it here and we can try to help.

12 11
  • 9 May
 Watto

Stuttering is still an issue just not as severe I do think there is still a cpu issue.

3 6
  • 9 May
 Strigon1

@Watto said:
Stuttering is still an issue just not as severe I do think there is still a cpu issue.

Yes stuttering happens for me as well, or otherwise choppiness. No more one second freeze frames though which is what made it totally miserable in pvp. I think it’s still audio + cpu related, like the audio processing?? Needs to be allocated to another cpu core. Game is playable now at least. Devs need to look at this thread asap imo

42 17

i have a friend that has the same issue

185 205
  • 10 May
 Roag

Re-posting for visibility, please try bellow:

@Strigon1 said:

21 8
  • 10 May
 Defman

In Diablo 3 you can set Sound Channel limit and my guess is that setting limits how much sound effects would be there. I think the stuttering in Mordhau is caused by an unlimited amount of sound effects that hogs the CPU a lot.

At least without sound effects I don't have 1fps drops, though in some intense battles my fps drops a bit.

1 2
  • 18 May
 Skrydg

i5-8300H
GTX 1050
8GB
Random freezes for ~1 sec, usually at the moment of a weapon strike.

3 0

Hi! Same issue here. Have done various optimizations and made my game from unplayable to working well. (I have a potato PC i haven't used since Chiv a few years ago.) Biggest change was turning off sound effects as @Strigon1 mentioned. I have an older CPU (AMD A10-5800k Quad-core 3.8ghz) and my frames stopped stuttering/dropping once sound effects are turned off, and reappears upon turning sound effects back on. Unfortunately the above-mentioned solutions aren't helping me, as I can't set my audio to surround sound. Pretty sure my sound driver is Realtek HD.

I can play with the music volume on, but the lack of sound effects kind of leaves something to be desired when in combat. Not sure if a fix or option could be implemented to help those of us with potato rigs, but it would be greatly appreciated.

6 2

same issue
a10 processor, amd graphics card
game is lagging when i turn volume on

1 2
  • 19 May
 spotdani

i7-8750H
16 gigs of ram
1060 gtx max-Q

cant even run the game on mid. all drivers are updated, volume is off, high priority on the exe, drivers are up to date.
the game is smooth for a few secs, then fps drops down insanely - Repeat. Any solutions with similar specs ?

1 1
  • 20 May
 Heisenberg

The solution for me was to put Ragdollquality to Ultra.
I had freezes every 10~15 seconds in online matches (tutorial was fine) and after setting Ragdollquality to Ultra every freez and stutter was gone. I play 5 hours now without any stutter or freezes and as soon as I set Ragdollquality on medium or low, I got this freezes: https://gyazo.com/a896ba8eb3c25a8a5b4571dda71bff1e

My rig:
GTX 1080 (430.39)
i7-8700K
16GB RAM
SSD
Windows 10 (1804)

1 0
  • 20 May
 Taichi22

Just wanted to throw in that I had the same issue, and the sound was, as I had suspected, the problem.
Running Windows 10, i7 core and GTX 1070.
It's most likely something to do with post processing; perhaps the sound's defaulted to surround and then the CPU has to recombine it for stereo, I think.

5 4

The game runs pretty smooth for me when i bought it last week, but since the two last patches (patch and hotfix) I have this hicups stutters too.
It really ruins my playstyle cause its frustrating in the fights and its constantly bad since then.

So what have changed since then, cause i had no problems at all the game runs so smooth before.
I only knew two mates who play the game and they have the same problem, but its only really bad in frontline modus.

I7 7700
32 GB RAM
1080 TI
SSD
Win10

1 1
  • 21 May
 lopert-

Posting in this thread to say I'm running into microstuttering as well. This video highlights it quite well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL5xAk0g6nA

i7 8700k (no OC) + GTX 1080
Full system specs: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/lopert/saved/Bf6tt6