Mordhau

Stuttering and Freezing Issues

12 11
  • 30 Apr
 Watto

Specs GTX 1060 6gb AMD FX8350 Eight Core Processor 16gb Ram

So far I have tried reinstalling the game on two separate hard drives with one being an SSD. Verified files and closed all Anti virus programs and gefore experience/ shadowplay. Not sure what to make of this issue it only seems to happen during an action in game or when loading into a server with other players. Also tried the horde mode on a local match but the issue still persists. As you can see in the video below the issue becomes extreme when using bows.

Knight 161 227
12 11
  • 1 May
 Watto

I tried the driver as suggested but it still freezes.

12 11
  • 1 May
 Watto

Still no improvement

3 1

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I posted about it here: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10084/bug-reporting-thread/?page=43#c850

Drivers are up to date, and specs should be more than good enough; however, my game stutters and hangs like this at random.

12 11
  • 2 May
 Watto

@rockbiter68 said:
I'm experiencing a similar issue. I posted about it here: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10084/bug-reporting-thread/?page=43#c850

Drivers are up to date, and specs should be more than good enough; however, my game stutters and hangs like this at random.

Looking at the thread you linkied I noticed we have the same CPU however I know people with weaker CPU run this game on ultra with no issues.

Knight 225 1040
  • 2 May
 Corsario

Same stuttering issue happens to me with exactly the same CPU and GPU

Grad and Taiga "frontline" maps are basically the ones where I suffer this problem.

Knight 161 227
  • 2 May
 Q

Did you download the hotfix for the driver? Located here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4798?linkId=100000006045278 . Or just update your driver to the latest one (via GeForce Experience, or Nvidia website)? As you need the latest driver, plus the hotfix. Or just an older driver.

9 0
  • 2 May
 Sulfur

I'm having the same issue, also using the same CPU and GPU

Knight 225 1040
  • 2 May
 Corsario

@Q said:
Did you download the hotfix for the driver? Located here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4798?linkId=100000006045278 . Or just update your driver to the latest one (via GeForce Experience, or Nvidia website)? As you need the latest driver, plus the hotfix. Or just an older driver.

Still having issues after the driver update.

11 14
  • 2 May
 JakBauer

My game crashes as soon as a match starts. Anyone else get this?

12 11
  • 2 May
 Watto

online matches are impossible as you can see from the video above but the single player is not much better when you freeze at almost every action or turn in the game. Using horses or bows locks the game up completely. My guess is this game is not optimised for the fx 8350 cpu.

9 0
 Sulfur

any word on update?

2 0
  • 3 May
 Palmer

Getting the exact same issue as Watto, I have a pretty bad pc, but can run the game ultra/low and get the exact same stuttering as shown in Wattos videos.

1 0

I had the same issue, 1 FPS every few seconds or so. After trying many many fixes, I tracked the issue down to a bluetooth driver I had just installed. I dunno, may have been repeatedly attempting to hijack the audio? Removing the dongle fixed it completely.

12 11
  • 4 May
 Watto

I have spoken with a developer on discord and forwarded them this post and we done some checks to try and find the problem. While we were checking for issues the game crashed and I have sent the crash report to the dev who has forwarded the information to the rest of the dev team to take a look. So right now it just a waiting game to see what the issue could be. Once I find out more or if I have a fix I will be sure to update this post thanks. Also thanks to Spook on discord for helping me with this issue.

12 11
  • 4 May
 Watto

@JefftheJMan said:
I had the same issue, 1 FPS every few seconds or so. After trying many many fixes, I tracked the issue down to a bluetooth driver I had just installed. I dunno, may have been repeatedly attempting to hijack the audio? Removing the dongle fixed it completely.

I have no bluetooth drivers but if it's the audio crashing then I guess people could try running the game with no gaming headset plugged in or disconnect any miccrophones/audio devices and see if that fixes the issue.

2 0
  • 4 May
 Palmer

I had a bluetooth dongle in took it out uninstalled the drives, stutter still persist for me sadly

2 0
  • 4 May
 Ramsickle

I have the same issue. The new driver hot fix solved the issues for a few games last night but today.. I am experiencing still the same micro 1 FPS stutter on occasion and it's really throwing me off in combats.

2 0
  • 4 May
 Ramsickle

Update: Run Mordhau, go to task manager, hit the details tab, right click on the mordhau programs, change priority to high for the cpu. The stutters stopped for me!