Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Always Sprint?

96 128
  • 29 Apr '19
 Reapy

Hey was just wondering if this was something considered as a possible option? I'd honestly prefer sprint up at all times except when I'm holding shift to heal up. I hate to say it but my almost 40 year old hands are getting tired finally and having shift mashed down with my pinky starts to wear on me. I realize this is totally an old man problem but wanted to mention it.

I am using the toggle sprint button now, but it seems to disable sprint if you stop movement and it's a little hard to tell when you have it on. After an hour or so with it I was able to get a feel for when sprint was off and keep tapping it on, but it gets to be a problem in traffic if you are back pedaling and turning a lot, it's hard to keep sprint up, at that point I'd want to hold it down but now in toggle state you'd have to keep tapping it.

All in all I thought always sprint with shift acting as a modifier to do the opposite would be a nice idea for the future. Outside of healing/stam regen can't think of a time you'd want to walk for a long period of time.

Knight 465 451
  • 29 Apr '19
 DOESNOTCOMPUTE

Might not be possible but if you can have two of the same bind try binding both sprint and move forward to W?

Knight 337 778
  • 29 Apr '19
 AngelEyes

It’s the way it was when they first added auto sprint. When it was changed so releasing forward key press disabled toggle I guess they just removed full toggle altogether. I personally thought it felt weird but perhaps they could add it back as an option. I Believe a few others miss it as well.

96 128
  • 29 Apr '19
 Reapy

Ahh good to know. I hope it comes back or even better just always on with shift as a walk toggle would be great.

And yeah I've always had trouble enjoying sprinting in melee games, sort of like if that's the speed you want, set that speed, however here it does accelerate, seems to slow you when you flick turn, and manages stam/health regen too in tradeoff for speed, so is really nicely integrated into everything honestly. I just hate holding down the button! Maybe I need to turn on sticky keys in windows ;)

367 341
  • 29 Apr '19
 Peacerer

@Reapy said:
I hate to say it but my almost 40 year old hands are getting tired

Excuses, excuses... getting closer to 40 as well. WE ARE NOT EVEN IN OUR PRIME!!!

Taking noobs to school bus since like '96 with Meridian 59 times.

96 128
  • 30 Apr '19
 Reapy

@Peacerer said:

@Reapy said:
I hate to say it but my almost 40 year old hands are getting tired

Excuses, excuses... getting closer to 40 as well. WE ARE NOT EVEN IN OUR PRIME!!!

Taking noobs to school bus since like '96 with Meridian 59 times.

Touche sir! Only got to watch my friend play meridian jealously! My online virginity was lost to warcraft 2 over kali, that's all I can remember from high school, staying up all damn night. Good stuff!

1 0
  • 20 Sep
 Sohei

It's been awhile since this post but i have the same problem (over 40 and an injury in my pinky finger practicing japanese fencing). After doing some configuration I realized that the solution is pretty simple. I´m going to share it here because probably some other people are going to find this useful.
Just assign FORWARD and SPRINT to W. Then also assign SHIFT as a secondary button to SPRINT and check the option "ACTIVATE SPRINT"
Now when you press forward you always run. If you want to walk, unhold W and press SHIFT + W to walk. To run again unhold both keys and press W again.