Mordhau

Buckler?

1094 1726

What's the purpose of buckler? It looks to be purely a stam buff for 1h (which is far better than the rumored extended parry) but it costs a whole 3 points for only stamina negation? It's not like you don't get stamina back with tons of free 1h hits in duels and even more so in 1vX.

Unless it has some other benefits I'm unaware of I think it should get a point cost decrease. Also Rob pointed out in game that it's parry turn cap feels too restrictive.

Not sure what it's purpose is or if it's just unfinished but it looks really cool.

Knight 34 103

I'm with you on this one, I can't figure out what it's supposed to do.

From a short amount of testing, I found that it doesn't save any stamina on parry and the parry window appears to be the exact same length.

Currently I suspect it's a 3 point cosmetic, but there has to be something it does.

367 341
  • 29 Apr
 Peacerer

What's the purpose of Targe, now that they messed it even more?

17 49
  • 29 Apr
 Rhike

Afaik devs haven't added more functionality into buckler yet. This is simply a thing that couldn't get through into release.

Knight 34 103

@Rhike said:
Afaik devs haven't added more functionality into buckler yet. This is simply a thing that couldn't get through into release.

Then why on earth would they release an unfinished item? So players can get confused and spend 3 points on a cosmetic parry that disables 2 handed weapons?

1420 1499

Haven't you read the patch notes? :P

367 341
  • 30 Apr
 Peacerer

Yes, Triternion always announce in detail patches.

1094 1726

People are also asking about Targe. I really don't know what to tell them lol

Knight 5111 6864

Idk man i'm just so happy to finally have a shield i can use without being hated.
It looks gorgeous, the only catch i see is that the block animation in first person is exactly the same as straped shields, i'm guessing that's a placeholder.

23 9

Is there a way to shield bash in this game?

Like if you have a shield it should let you push/bash with the shield to get ppl off or stop their parry happiness.