Mordhau

New video series: Why I Lost

Duke 60 165
  • 28 Apr
 Lumi

What to do when you want to make cool videos like Trix but your skills are mediocre? Record yourself losing and break it down so new players can learn from it!

What do you think? Am I on to something here, or is this fucking stupid and nobody would watch it?

Duke 341 970

I think it's a neat idea. Maybe pause after each mistake, instead of simply listing the mistake, and offer tips on what other players can do to avoid making the same mistakes.

1058 1696

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
I think it's a neat idea. Maybe pause after each mistake, instead of simply listing the mistake, and offer tips on what other players can do to avoid making the same mistakes.

This

Knight 211 505
  • 28 Apr
 Duckalot

A series like that would be great. Watch Warowls "Matchmaking academy" and see how he breaks down how people play Csgo.
If Mordhau booms this could get big.

Knight 20 22
  • 28 Apr
 woof_raff

I've wanted to make a video like this for a while--but from other players' point of view with the demo recorder ofc.
But I would disagree with your mistakes--one, I would say you lost at the very beginning if the pointless chamber, but you definitely lost with the feint to parry right after it. I say this because you count the unpunished whiffs are mistakes too--those only drain stamina, just like the ftp!

Empress 349 847
  • 28 Apr
 Soulcatcher

Pretty cool

You could pause and explain why certain mistakes are bad, like how crucial it is to not miss attacks as you're left wide open to an easy quick accel from your opponent.

Maybe just dumbing it down for the new players with no melee game experience, explaining what you did wrong, and offering a few things/tactics you could have ideally done better in the moment.

Conscript 76 108

Reminiscent of the late & great Totalbiscuit's "I suck at Stacraft 2" series. It's both entertaining watching someone suck at a game, and can be informative.

It's funny in a way, the only people who are boring to watch play a game are those who are not terrible and not great. I also so laughed hysterically, nonsensically hard at the random RAAWWWRRRRR at the end.

301 875
  • 28 Apr
 Naleaus

Need to freeze frame right before you get hit, and do the "I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation?" Then rewind the fight to show how it happened.