Mordhau

How are feints viewed in here

8 1

In chivalry feints were considered kinda dirty, is this the case in mordhau?

Duchess 6865 9830

Nop, though the current playerbase isn't people who judged feints in chiv so who knows when release comes.

Knight 2247 4038
  • 26 Apr
 Runagate

As far as I know (I never played Chiv but have seen the garbo anims and stuff) feints this time are far more balanced and readable than they were in Chiv. I and pretty much all other alpha players consider it a necessary mechanic.

Conscript 76 108
  • 26 Apr
 KineticWolf

I imagine feints in chiv vs feints in mord will be lightyears separated in difference. Chiv's animations are so bad, it indirectly boosted the power of feints. With the crisp fluid animations in mord, I expect reading feints to be easier. Not to mention better netcode.

101 174
  • 26 Apr
 Sektor

some feints are hard to read, but will probably get fixed, along with extra stamina cost because you can spam a lot of feints currently.

Baron 129 311
  • 26 Apr
 2cool2care

flashback https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/10812/feint-poll/
a "nerf feints" poll one week after patch 1 release.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 26 Apr
 Frise

Feints are almost the only thing you can do. Morphs are just there so you can avoid getting chambered, sl you can feint. Drags are weak.

Duchess 775 3451
  • 26 Apr
 Stouty

Frise I can only assume you are a GARBAGE player if you think this. You're lucky you live in SA where nobody can expose you

1094 1726

Feints are very powerful but are soft countered by chambers which directly let you take initiative if someone feinted. Morph feints are actually pretty hard to deal with even at high level play but cost alot of stamina, not entirely sure if that makes them balanced or not though. But feints are definitely too powerful in Xv1 where chambering doesn't help the X... maybe next patch we'll see chambering become useful in 1vX.

Anyways, for people in the 10-25 hour range feints can start to be mitigated by some chambering.... unlike chiv where it took literally hundreds of hours to read a few feints.

Knight 1269 3804
  • 26 Apr
 Frise

@Stouty said:
Frise I can only assume you are a GARBAGE player if you think this. You're lucky you live in SA where nobody can expose you

how was I wrong

Duchess 775 3451
  • 26 Apr
 Stouty

not only are morphs very strong but the meta revolves much more around accels and drag mix ups than feints

162 124

@Stouty said:
not only are morphs very strong but the meta revolves much more around accels and drag mix ups than feints

it looks like its mostly accels and delays back and foward, and that kinda gets repetitive. The drag nerfs before were really bad and i dont see alot people utilizing waterfalls,etc; just made drags less unique even for slow weapons.

101 174
  • 26 Apr
 Sektor

I played against some dude called Mortal Noodle today. holy fuck his accels made my ass moan more than a feminist in a socially right meeting.

Conscript 76 108
  • 26 Apr
 KineticWolf

I always thought that feinting multiple times in a row should cost additional stamina.

Conscript 4549 6281
  • 26 Apr
 vanguard

@Stouty said:

529 278

Please don't nerf feints to where NO ONE is using them, you pleb ,_,

Knight 762 3301
  • 27 Apr
 Mittsies

@Frise said:
Feints are almost the only thing you can do.

1. footwork and attack manipulation are far more integral to gameplay than feinting is - they also don't cost a resource to use. Footwork is what allows you to clutch in situations where someone who relies on feints, morphs, and crutches would be destroyed.

2. raw feints are absolutely useless against skilled opponents. Feints are a powerful tool when apart of your mixup, but just feinting alone is pointless. If your opponent is so bad that they fall for basic feints with no mixups at all, then you might as well save yourself some stamina and just fake them out with body movement instead.

Morphs are just there so you can avoid getting chambered

1. you can feint after a morph

2. morphing doesn't give away your initiative

3. what the fuck game are you playing where you unironically think morphs are nothing more than an anti-chamber tool

Drags are weak.

so just found out that this game (mordhau) is gonna have dragging... Wow. so i guess you want another broken shit game like chiv? ok... thats fine, because im not going to buy it. you're game is going to be dead on first day because everyone who played chiv will see this and know its broken too... i see 1 drag and the game is dead. did you really think you could just make a copy of chiv and keep broken drags and nobody wound know? im glad i did not go kickstarter and im glad the game is dead because devs are just ripping people off and making another broken game.

162 124

so just found out that this game (mordhau) is gonna have dragging... Wow. so i guess you want another broken shit game like chiv? ok... thats fine, because im not going to buy it. you're game is going to be dead on first day because everyone who played chiv will see this and know its broken too... i see 1 drag and the game is dead. did you really think you could just make a copy of chiv and keep broken drags and nobody wound know? im glad i did not go kickstarter and im glad the game is dead because devs are just ripping people off and making another broken game.

101 174
  • 27 Apr
 Sektor

@Mittsies said:

@Frise said:

1. footwork and attack manipulation are far more integral to gameplay than feinting is - they also don't cost a resource to use. Footwork is what allows you to clutch in situations where someone who relies on feints, morphs, and crutches would be destroyed.

2. raw feints are absolutely useless against skilled opponents. Feints are a powerful tool when apart of your mixup, but just feinting alone is pointless. If your opponent is so bad that they fall for basic feints with no mixups at all, then you might as well save yourself some stamina and just fake them out with body movement instead.

3. what the fuck game are you playing where you unironically think morphs are nothing more than an anti-chamber tool

Drags are weak.

The only problem with dragging is Zheihander which is retarded in general. Insane speed, damage output and reach. Zhei actually reminds me of a chivalry sword in Mordhau. But that's the only weapon that has issues. If 0 dragging existed then we would hit each other all day. Not sure why you draw conclusions without playing the game.

edit: lol just noticed its copy pasta

162 124

@Sektor said:

@Mittsies said:

@Frise said:

Drags are weak.

The only problem with dragging is Zheihander which is retarded in general. Insane speed, damage output and reach. Zhei actually reminds me of a chivalry sword in Mordhau. But that's the only weapon that has issues. If 0 dragging existed then we would hit each other all day. Not sure why you draw conclusions without playing the game.

edit: lol just noticed its copy pasta