Mordhau

Any plans for lady knights in the game?

Knight 254 693

@EvieEternal said:
Worked up about it? As in a bit miffed that they aren't in the game?

They are in the game but as the devs said, the female models are pretty terrible

female model 01.jpgfemale model 02.jpgfemale model 03.jpgfemale model 04.jpg

Female face files are found within the game however they are not utilized. Personally, I think they should add the female models. It brings more customization in the game (which is a major gameplay loop for the game) and if it wasn't obvious enough, it attracts more women to play the game. It's not a simulator or a game that shooting to be 100% realistic. Its a game about mercenaries fighting each other.. The addition of the female models into the game would not fundamentally change the core mechanics of the game in the slightest. It's a game to have fun in which some people seem to forget. Also, welcome to the forums =)

Knight 2608 6914
  • 24 Apr
 Rattsknecht

I want all helmets to be accurate 14th century hounskull bascinets

46 66
  • 24 Apr
 EvieEternal

@HenrySkinbod said:
I hope they dont get added I dont want to see another company like ea go and change the realism just to be "politically correct" bf5 really annoys me, I know the game isn't going for perfect realism but once you start doing shit like that it just doesnt really feel like it's a time frame any more it just feels like some game with random bits of time thrown in

What? This has nothing to do with political correctness...its just extra options for players like me who prefer a female avatar. This game is already silly fun, and the sword combat is the real pull. Why shouldnt we have more options? :/

46 66
  • 24 Apr
 EvieEternal

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:

@EvieEternal said:

They are in the game but as the devs said, the female models are pretty terrible

Female face files are found within the game however they are not utilized. Personally, I think they should add the female models. It brings more customization in the game (which is a major gameplay loop for the game) and if it wasn't obvious enough, it attracts more women to play the game. It's not a simulator or a game that shooting to be 100% realistic. Its a game about mercenaries fighting each other.. The addition of the female models into the game would not fundamentally change the core mechanics of the game in the slightest. It's a game to have fun in which some people seem to forget. Also, welcome to the forums =)

Thank you for the welcome! And its refreshing to see a little push for that, I loved playing female characters in For Honor (Shaman being my favorite)

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 24 Apr
 vanguard

@HenrySkinbod said:
I hope they dont get added I dont want to see another company like ea go and change the realism just to be "politically correct" bf5 really annoys me, I know the game isn't going for perfect realism but once you start doing shit like that it just doesnt really feel like it's a time frame any more it just feels like some game with random bits of time thrown in

TFW Mount & Blade, one of the games that, as far as I know, was at least partialy what inspired mordhau, has women as playable characters and npcs and no one gave a flying fuck back in that time about muh immersion or le inclusive devs, because this "anti-SJW anti-politically correct" meme wasn't invented by retarded youtubers yet

1rluf4gtpqi21.jpg

The worse part is, I believe that they actually has been and still are pressuring the devs to go into their redpill incel agenda lmao

Count 247 274

@Stouty said:
crush 13 hours ago

We are still looking into adding female characters post release as was promised, if added they will be on par with the rest of the game and implemented properly to ensure they are not a detriment to the atmosphere of the game. The voice acting especially will be crucial for this.

The realism complaint is valid, so when we add them we might add a simple client-side toggle (for both female and male characters) which would let you disable them.

Yes, please. If you are gonna make this retarded idea, reality, please make it server host optional, even better if it is client side as well. Our server will have the female option turned off if possible. The worst part in almost all current video games that force this into a semi historical genre is they rarely, if ever get the voice acting correct which tends to be terribly distracting if not pure cringe worthy.

Count 247 274

@vanguard said:

@HenrySkinbod said:

TFW Mount & Blade, one of the games that, as far as I know, was at least partialy what inspired mordhau, has women as playable characters and npcs and no one gave a flying fuck back in that time about muh immersion or le inclusive devs, because this "anti-SJW anti-politically correct" meme wasn't invented by retarded youtubers yet

1rluf4gtpqi21.jpg

The worse part is, I believe that they actually has been and still are pressuring the devs to go into their redpill incel agenda lmao

Yes because everyone that disagrees with your wokeness is an incel. As if there are not a shit ton of other games to get your woke on. Maybe you go into great detail about the many genders and sexual preferences of Mordhau that all the NPCs and player models are, because: reasons why it matters or impacts a game.

SMDH

Count 247 274

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:

@EvieEternal said:

Total and complete cringe.....how about those man hands!
Complete hard pass.

Conscript 4564 6301
  • 25 Apr
 vanguard

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:

@vanguard said:

@HenrySkinbod said:

1rluf4gtpqi21.jpg

Yes because everyone that disagrees with your wokeness is an incel. As if there are not a shit ton of other games to get your woke on. Maybe you go into great detail about the many genders and sexual preferences of Mordhau that all the NPCs and player models are, because: reasons why it matters or impacts a game.

SMDH

You shouldn't start fights you can't win friend.

The arguments against women in this game are bad, to be nice about it, and even worse now that Crushed said that it would be optional via the disabling on the client side thing. Sorry but anyone who comes up with this SJW politically correct thing in this discussion is literally, objectively, an incel. Its pure science everyone knows it man.

It was said back on the kickstarter even that women would be a option, YOU have to come up with decent arguments (which are different from your personal opinion on what you like to see/hear or not) to not add them here.

Count 247 274

@vanguard said:

@vanguard said:

@HenrySkinbod said:

1rluf4gtpqi21.jpg

SMDH

The arguments against women in this game are bad, to be nice about it, and even worse now that Crushed said that it would be optional via the disabling on the client side thing. Sorry but anyone who comes up with this SJW politically correct thing in this discussion is literally, objectively, an incel. Its pure science everyone knows it man.

It was said back on the kickstarter even that women would be a option, YOU have to come up with decent arguments (which are different from your personal opinion on what you like to see/hear or not) to not add them here.

Actually you should follow your own advice about starting shit.....
Heaven forbid if anyone dares to disagree with game dev choices. You are a big fan of choice? My choice is to disable the cringe. I am far from the only one. But you stay woke.

11745888_10152851389701021_6579225991295134290_n.jpg

Knight 335 777
  • 25 Apr
 AngelEyes

Devs should just pull a Rowling and as part of the lore say we are actually playing as trans women then no one can say nothing!

46 66

@vanguard said:

@vanguard said:

@HenrySkinbod said:

1rluf4gtpqi21.jpg

SMDH

Actually you should follow your own advice about starting shit.....
Heaven forbid if anyone dares to disagree with game dev choices. You are a big fan of choice? My choice is to disable the cringe. I am far from the only one. But you stay woke.

11745888_10152851389701021_6579225991295134290_n.jpg

:/ why are you so angry that women would be in a video game? Please just relax, its just an option that you wouldnt be forced to use. Its not politically correct for me to ask about something I would enjoy as a consumer...

46 66
  • 25 Apr
 EvieEternal

@AngelEyes said:
Devs should just pull a Rowling and as part of the lore say we are actually playing as trans women then no one can say nothing!

:( but trans women would still be presenting as women, no? Can we not do the transphobia thing?

101 174
  • 25 Apr
 Sektor

trans women aka biologically men, this is a medieval game, please stop already.

162 124

i like the toggle for deciding what models would show up, that way its more up to you on deciding whether historical accuracy is your thing or just for fun/preference.

305 836
  • 25 Apr
 SK.Edam

@Balerion said:
For the same reason people lost their shit over CoD WW2 and BFV for including female avatars. People will cry immersion and realism breaking, and it degrades the WW2 experience, others cry trauma for having to kill the fairer sex... at the end of the day it’s a game and realism shouldn’t supersede accessibility or fun. We’re not reenacting historical events here in Mordhau, rather that we are here for our interests in medieval swordplay. More customization options to individualize the avatar representing the player can only be a good thing.

WW2 and BFV are based on history mordhau is not mordhau is fantasy and not historical thats why i a person that hates bfv and ww2 for being inaccurate and just shit in general dont have a problem with having females in mordhau.

46 66
  • 25 Apr
 EvieEternal

@Sektor said:
trans women aka biologically men, this is a medieval game, please stop already.

Lets not do this friend. Im new here and this isnt a great look on part of the community. Nobody cares what you think of trans people.

305 836
  • 25 Apr
 SK.Edam

listen here everybody i wont take this shit anymore stop demanding our lords to make shit just to satisfy your ego YOU WANT TO PLAY AS FEMALE THEN WAIT YOU DONT WANT TO SEE FEMALE THEN TOO BAD IF THEY WERE NICE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT CLINT SIDE THEN YOU PRAISE THE LORD DONT COME HERE DEMANDING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE PAYING OR I WILL PERSONALLY SMITE YOU WITH ALL THE POWER GOD HAS GIVEN ME I DONT GIVE 2 FLYING SHITS WETHER MY OPPONENT HAS A DICK OR A PUSSY I WILL SMACK THEM WITH A WARHAMMER ALL THE SAME.

Knight 2608 6914
  • 25 Apr
 Rattsknecht

What a vigorous exchange of ideas

46 66
  • 25 Apr
 EvieEternal

@SK.Edam said:
listen here everybody i wont take this shit anymore stop demanding our lords to make shit just to satisfy your ego YOU WANT TO PLAY AS FEMALE THEN WAIT YOU DONT WANT TO SEE FEMALE THEN TOO BAD IF THEY WERE NICE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT CLINT SIDE THEN YOU PRAISE THE LORD DONT COME HERE DEMANDING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE PAYING OR I WILL PERSONALLY SMITE YOU WITH ALL THE POWER GOD HAS GIVEN ME I DONT GIVE 2 FLYING SHITS WETHER MY OPPONENT HAS A DICK OR A PUSSY I WILL SMACK THEM WITH A WARHAMMER ALL THE SAME.

Are you...okay? Take a deep breath hun. Nobody is demanding anything, I literally just asked whether or not there were plans to put in female characters for players like me who might enjoy them. Nothing about this is about ego, it would just be kind of a nice addition. I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.