Mordhau

Does mordhau have any features that aid you when you are surrounded (for example, less recovery on multiple blocks)?

101 174
  • 23 Apr
 Sektor

Nice name, lmao. As far as I know (I am not really good myself in the game yet) you can parry right after a parry so it helps a lot when two people are trying to hit you with a small difference of milliseconds, you can block both, but it seems extremely hard. In a server yesterday some old players told that they are going to reintroduce active parry with some changes which would help 1vX a big lot.

Knight 928 2545
  • 23 Apr
 Pred

3rd person

367 341
  • 23 Apr
 Peacerer

With shields, which suppose to offer a better protection vs multiple angles, its even harder, because developers decided that whenever a shield user holds up a shield character enters into some weird time travel back to year 2001 with Max Payne bullet time and dives into ridiculous slow motion where even the smallest targe shield suddenly turns into a 50 kg sack of potatoes.

Knight 50 163
  • 23 Apr
 owen

rmb will make you block an attack cancelling the attack but u lose stam

530 281

Maybe just need an adrenaline rush when you are surrounded, giving you buffs. But maybe now I am thinking along the lines of some Guild Wars 2 crap.

162 124

there are plans for 1vx situations by including AP/ active parry with adjustments to it.

Duke 5502 13139
  • 23 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

also parrying one attack and then parrying another after makes the second parry easier and costs no stamina so it's pretty powerful to stall/delay fights or wait for a good opening

530 281

@Jax said:
also parrying one attack and then parrying another after makes the second parry easier and costs no stamina so it's pretty powerful to stall/delay fights or wait for a good opening

But how will that change 1v1 and team fights? Or did I misunderstand?

1159 1816

You did misunderstand. It doesn't affect duels at all but only 1vX. It helps you manage stamina if you block an attack but dont riposte but parry again immediately..."double parry." So if you're surrounded you can keep parrying longer until you, as Jax pointed out, find an opening to escape or attack. You're less likely to get stammed out because every other parry is free or reduced.

Knight 479 928
  • 24 Apr
 wierHL

If I understand it correctly, the time window for double parry is too small for 2 consecutive attacks from the same person right? So the X in 1vX would have to stagger their attacks to exploit any stam advantage?

1159 1816

@wierHL said:
If I understand it correctly, the time window for double parry is too small for 2 consecutive attacks from the same person right? So the X in 1vX would have to stagger their attacks to exploit any stam advantage?

Yes but they're better off not trying to play stamina warfare and just overwhelming the 1 with constant pressure. If they wait, they may eat a riposte from someone else's feed. I like the synergy of current team play but I just wish chambers were buffed to make feinting as Xv1 less advantageous... Everyone pressures the 1 guy with constant stab feints and only the very very best get by.

Food for thought, if the very best players, say top 15% make up the alpha and only the very best of the alpha players are going to read stab feints consistently and even less of those will read stab feints in 1vX... then how will the new players manage even after a few hundred hours?

530 281

I'm still trying to find that princess bride line about fighting multiple enemies is a completely different strategy ,_,