Mordhau

Server Host Forum Channel

Count 234 257

It would be nice to have a channel for Game Server Hosts. This would be for more indepth issues of game hosting on the technical side. This will become more prevalent once an SDK is released as well as "hopefully" a remote admin RCON tool.

Knight 214 1007
  • 24 Apr
 Corsario

This is totally necessary. TBS failed miserably in this regard. Server admins (with each other) + devs must have a fluent communication, especially after custom maps & mods make their first appearance.

Some kind of updated guidelines or brochure (as a headboard of the forum section) on how to host servers + upload SDK stuff would be also useful.

Count 234 257

@Corsario said:
This is totally necessary. TBS failed miserably in this regard. Server admins (with each other) + devs must have a fluent communication, especially after custom maps & mods make their first appearance.

Some kind of updated guidelines or brochure (as a headboard of the forum section) on how to host servers + upload SDK stuff would be also useful.

This is already needed as I have/had some issues with hosting a game server at home on Google Fiber and an old PC. I do have it up and running but ran into a ton of errors in the Event Viewer. I did a verify game files/cache and this appears to have resolved many of the issues and the server appears to not crash and run stable even with 32 bots.

It would be nice to have a section for tips and tricks for hosting.

Another issue I would like to have it a MOTD image for server rules and clan info along with a link to our clan site like we do in Chiv. I will post up about this, but should be in a server host section.

Duke 5451 12800
  • 26 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

I think this would be more applicable to have on the Discord, but I like the idea! I'll look into this and ask the team if they'd like this.

Count 234 257

@Jax said:
I think this would be more applicable to have on the Discord, but I like the idea! I'll look into this and ask the team if they'd like this.

I am not sure which gets the most traffic and response. I prefer the forums for documenting issues and solutions because it is searchable, Discord hoping for an instant reply but answers can get lost over time.

For example I figured out how to create a server BAT file to start the game server when my PC is booted. Would like to get that info out.
This might not be good info on Discord.

Duke 5451 12800
  • 26 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

Thing is the forums can get cluttered very easily, where on Discord it's much easier to assign roles to limit this, but yeah might be better on the forums now that you mention it.

Count 234 257

@Jax said:
Thing is the forums can get cluttered very easily, where on Discord it's much easier to assign roles to limit this, but yeah might be better on the forums now that you mention it.

Well currently I have having some minor issues with my dedicated server with error in the event viewer. I would like to know which can be ignored and or might be an issue that they devs may have to deal with. Currently there is really no place on the forums to post these questions and issues pertaining to dedicated server hosting. I would also like to know if there is going to be the ability to post a MOTD on my servers, adding more horses, possible admin horse spawn points and the like.

6 1
  • 8 May
 Jiuqi

brothers I come from China

private server There are many problems

64 people Can't load FL map, Enter the game can after a while,server appear Mass error

I can not speak English,Google translate

6 1
  • 8 May
 Jiuqi

Appear this ,The server is interrupted ,Cannot join the server

56 8

@Jiuqi said:
Appear this ,The server is interrupted ,Cannot join the server

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15454/server-stability/

Post your logs & issue here.

A lot of people have this issues!

4 2