Mordhau

240 deadzone sensitivity, optional 6 swings instead of the current system

101 173
  • 21 Apr
 Sektor

Many people dislike the 240 system in general, others play with it but my impression from players who I play with on the servers is that they dislike it currently. Having played both For Honor and Warband I want to suggest 2 main things in order to make it more accessible and reliable.

1) Deadzone sensitivity which is pretty much how sensitive the direction change is. This is regardless of actual mouse sensitivity and DPI. A sample image from the options of For Honor:

deadzone.png

This will allow players to customize their playstyle a bit further, without having to change DPI or actual sensitivity, requiring to learn muscle memory from scratch. My personal issues with 240 at the moment might differ from someone else but my problem is that I find too sensitive. There are countless times that It has triggered an attack from the opposite direction that I initially aimed because all it requires is like 1 pixel. This totally ruins it for me as a medium to high sensitivity player. This problem is extremely noticable if you try to stab morph to lower strike, most of the times it triggers a normal swing for me. I play on 800 dpi and 0.25 sensitivity currently trying to adapt, but it still does not work. The 1 pixel problem persists on multiple hertz. I tried setting my mouse to 1000hz, 500hz and 125hz. The problem does not go away.

2) Another suggestion I would like to make is having an optional 6 swings only for 240, without the microdirections inbetween. Due to the deadzone problem above, I find myself manytimes trying to perform a normal swing but it will always go either a bit lower or higher, resulting to me missing because It is not the angle I had in mind.

Please be aware that these problems are mine, not sure how other people's mice react to the 240, but its very annoying so far. I tried playing with keybinds but I simply do not like it, at all. If these input changes could be implemented it would be greatly appreciated.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 21 Apr
 Sir Zombie

So for nr 2, you are suggesting people binding specific angles (like a horizontal strike or overhead) to a button?

101 173
  • 21 Apr
 Sektor

@Sir Zombie said:
So for nr 2, you are suggesting people binding specific angles (like a horizontal strike or overhead) to a button?

No, no. As far as I know 240 has more angles than normal keybinds. I suggest to make it optional to be able to have only 6 angles like keybinds but decide direction with mouse. Just like keybinds, to be locked into six angles.

162 124

i like the idea of having 6 angles as an option instead, but not sure if its being added as commented by other threads

101 173
  • 22 Apr
 Sektor

Well yeah, that is why I said optional for the most part. But deadzone sensitivity is a must. It should have been implemented already.

Knight 365 628
  • 23 Apr
 Snake Skin

IIRC the ALT key isnt used used for anything. Could be used to turn on and off a new 6 direction mechanic that you suggest.