Mordhau

Hitstop on all stabs?

68 117
  • 20 Apr
 conny

I think it would be niceh with some kind of inbetween hitstop on sharp stabs too

1055 1695

My knee jerk reaction is fuck no.

But tbh, stabs are the weakest in 1vX due to easy chambers and there's little chance of hitting multiple flanking people and thus, people get to free flank you while your attack can only hit one person and your combo is limited to the opposite side of your thrust.

Hit stop on stabs would make it harder to flank and gank in Xv1 if the 1 can then hit from whichever side they want using hit recovery.

One can argue that hit recovery is already in for stabs if they simply aren't comboed but stabs are the attack most likely to whiff or be dodged and you definitely don't wanna give your opponents free hits by foregoing combo and ftp from combo. Hit stop on all stabs would certainly be interesting.

Knight 693 1581
  • 20 Apr
 das

Hitstop is an overall buff to stabs because you get faster strike recovery rather than comboes, which are more limited due to lack of morphing, and stabs aren't good at hitting multiple people for the most part (only the holy trinity of spear halb zwei do it on any consistent basis). Just think of fighting a quarterstaff - due to hitstopping on every hit, the QS can always morph its attacks except for whiffed comboes.

Without hitstop, your attack still is in release after hit. If you want to be able to morph, you have to wait until recovery passes.

68 117
  • 20 Apr
 conny

everything you have mentioned can be worked around and tweaked, i thinknit would be way more satisfying to get semi stuck when stabbing someone

324 864
  • 20 Apr
 Xatrian

you're saying "semi stuck" without explaining what that is supposed to mean

251 859
  • 20 Apr
 Cswic

Hey everyone you know how you hate battleaxe stab? Well now everyone can have battleaxe stab.

68 117
  • 20 Apr
 conny

Increased lock out etc, my point is to get rid of stabbing multiple oponents and make it visuallly better, i believe it would feel way more satisfying. Like you actually hit something. Do you need MS for every detail before thinking about an idea. Autistic much?

324 864
  • 20 Apr
 Xatrian

@conny said:
Do you need MS for every detail before thinking about an idea. Autistic much?

I'm autistic for asking you to clarify what you mean? lmao hold on let me go make a thread called "the game should be better" and then call everyone autistic when they ask how I want it to be better

192 383

but no more kebab

68 117
  • 20 Apr
 conny

@Xatrian said:

@conny said:

I'm autistic for asking you to clarify what you mean? lmao hold on let me go make a thread called "the game should be better" and then call everyone autistic when they ask how I want it to be better

Are you the only one i answered to? Just read the answers. Its all the worsr possible interpretation. Why Bother with people who cant think twice about something

Knight 693 1581
  • 20 Apr
 das

Considering how tight flinch, combo, and lockout timings already are to each other (hence why 1h'ers can sometimes seemingly steal initiative even when you're basically just comboing), yes, you have to be more specific. Right now, no one can even visualize what you're saying unless you literally mean make stabs get stuck in players for like a quarter of a second and make the flinch time/lockout also longer by the same amount lol. If that's literally what you want, I don't think anyone sees what benefit that adds to the game compared to now, but it'd make the pace of fights slower and mess with XvX as well.

That and the guy who stabs still gets the option to morph his followup attack after hitting someone without having to telegraph the possibility by waiting for strike recovery, all with sharp weapons instead of blunt ones that do like 10 dmg on a stab.

324 864
  • 21 Apr
 Xatrian

@conny said:

@Xatrian said:

@conny said:

Are you the only one i answered to? Just read the answers. Its all the worsr possible interpretation. Why Bother with people who cant think twice about something

is this analgrinder or some other sort of alt meme account or are you actually this much of a strange creature

68 117
  • 21 Apr
 conny

Probably worse than you think son