Mordhau

What are the commands for replay editing?

16 26
  • 4 Jun
 blobl

@HalldeiMaul said:
And I really wish the names would show up during the demo, not just via playerlist. :/
The entire point of recording is to have the chance to see who did what when.

Yes that would be nice, I have the record of an autoblocker but it's completely useless

9 3
  • 4 Jun
 Goatius

@HalldeiMaul said:
Goatius you can simply use junction (mklink /J iirc with admin console in windows) to redirect any directory to any other directory on a windows system.
You can google many tutorials for it as well.

Thanks for the answer, I looked into junction links, but it doesn't do what i need. My problem is that I am experiencing major stuttering while recording demos, which i (think) is due to mu slow hard drive. I essentially want it to completely bypass writing to the hard drive, and go to my ssd instead.

95 81

Thanks for the answer, I looked into junction links, but it doesn't do what i need. My problem is that I am experiencing major stuttering while recording demos, which i (think) is due to mu slow hard drive. I essentially want it to completely bypass writing to the hard drive, and go to my ssd instead.

That's pretty much what a junction is, the writes are redirected to whatever you point it to with the command, the fake original directory does not experience any load.
If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. I've used junctions for years and its a great tool to have.

7 0
  • 7 Jun
 Silvolt

Any update on when this spectator cam mode might get an update? H still isn't working so can only focus one way

9 3
  • 7 Jun
 Goatius

@Silvolt said:
Any update on when this spectator cam mode might get an update? H still isn't working so can only focus one way

Just your the F function to focus on what your looking at. The O function is also great to keep the focus on an object no matter how far you are. And if you really want, you can use the SpectatorCmd Focus command to manually set the focus of the camera.

9 3
  • 7 Jun
 Goatius

That's pretty much what a junction is, the writes are redirected to whatever you point it to with the command, the fake original directory does not experience any load.
If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. I've used junctions for years and its a great tool to have.

Actually, it doesnt seem to do that. Unless I'm using the wrong type of link (im using junction link) my hard drive still experiences a load while recording a demo.

1 0
  • 9 Jun
 RaptoSouls

@Trix said:

@Jax said:
demo.useadaptivereplayupdatefrequency 0
demo.recordhz 120

Jax pretty much completely covered the Demo commands, but you don't need to worry about the above two settings anymore, the defaults have been changed to these as far as I'm aware.

As for the camera there's a ton of commands that I'll list. Keep in mind the following console commands only work when you're already in the spectator camera:

• SpectatorCmd cinematic [use this first to enter the cinematic camera, other commands don't work otherwise]
  • SpectatorCmd aspectratio
  • SpectatorCmd noclip
  • SpectatorCmd aperture
  • SpectatorCmd lens
  • SpectatorCmd focus

The following are the keyboard controls for the camera:

• F to set focus to what you're looking at,
  • G & H to raise/lower focus distance,
  • T to save camera position & rotation,
  • R to reset camera position & rotation,
  • O to set focus to track whatever you're looking at (O again to disable),
  • Mouse Wheel Up/Down to increase/decrease camera movement speed.

By default demos are stored in this directory: "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Demos". They can take up a bit of space so just keep tabs on them if you record a ton.

Weird, i don't have a folder path like that, i've searched manually in file explorer with correct spelling thousands of times in my both hard drives.

95 81

@Goatius said:
Actually, it doesnt seem to do that. Unless I'm using the wrong type of link (im using junction link) my hard drive still experiences a load while recording a demo.

You use the option /J with mklink for Junctions (likely requires admin rights commandline).

Useage is:
mklink /J "path to junction link" "path to target folder"

The “path to junction link” will be created, the “Target” folder should already exist and will then have the actual content.

You have to change the command as per your conditions. So, the command becomes something like
mklink /J "C:\Users\wayto\yourdemoplace\" "P:\TargetForDemos"

The way to check is to simply go to the target folder on the other drive you want to actually save to - it should now have the content.
The redirect folder, the one the game thinks it is saving to, meanwhile will have a tiny arrow next to it in explorer, meaning its not a normal folder, but a redirect.

To eventually remove the redirect folder again, you use rmdir on the "path to junction link", i.e. the redirect, not the actual target folder. Don't delete your actual data unless you intend to. :-p

9 3
  • 11 Jun
 Goatius

@RaptoSouls said:
Weird, i don't have a folder path like that, i've searched manually in file explorer with correct spelling thousands of times in my both hard drives.

If you are still having trouble finding it, type in %appdata% in your file explorer search bar. This brings you to the roaming folder of appdata, now you need to navigate back one folder by clicking on the Appdata folder in the search bar. Now you can go Local/Mordhau/Saved/Demos.

Yw, if it helps

53 77

Hey guys, i've been screwing around with demo mode and am in the process of writing a full guide. This is a list of commands i've compiled from various sources, as well as my own findings.

<<Demo Recording>>

• demo.useadaptivereplayupdatefrequency 0

Makes animation playback smoother.

• demo.recordhz 120-240

Default is 120, higher number means more fluid demos but will increase space usage.

• demorec <demoname>

Records a demo with the specified name.

• demostop

Stops recording the demo. Demos also automatically stop when the match ends.

Demos are saved in: C:\Users\<username>AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Demos

<<Demo Playback>>

• demoplay <demo name>

Plays the specified demo. IMPORTANT Before playing a demo, create a local match, join spectators, then enter the command to play. Failure to do so will result in a locked camera.

• demostop

Stops the demo. If you're planning on joining a server to record more footage or just play Mordhau It's highly recommended you just restart the game due to the myriad of bugs that demos introduce with the UI and camera movement.

• demopause

Pauses the demo. Enter again to resume playback.

• demo.timedilation <x>

Sets playback speed. 1 is real time, 0.5 is half speed, 2 is double speed, etc. Can go as many decimal places as you want. Note that jumping from normal to low speed will cause ragdolls and cloth physics to react as if gravity has been turned off. Suggest you rewind 30-60 seconds before a scene you want to record before lowering speed so that the physics can settle down.

• demo.withtimeburnin <1/0>

Adds a timestamp to the upper left corner so that you can take note of events you want to come back to.

• demo.gototimeinseconds <x>

Jumps to a point in the video. Use whole seconds, ie 2 minutes = 120.

• demo.skiptime <x>

Skips forward in seconds.

<<Basic Controls>>

~ (tilde) = Opens and closes console.
Mouse = Camera control.
WSAD = Forward, back, left, right.
Q / E = Change camera height / z axis.
Left click / right click = Cycle through players in the demo when in first and third person.
Middle mouse = First person / third person orbital / unlock camera.
Up / down while in console = Recall previous commands.

<<Advanced Controls>>

I = Opens timeline. Double click buttons to interact with them. Drag the slider to seek through the demo. This will lock camera movement, fress F to close the timeline and regain camera control.
Mousewheel up/down = Control camera movement speed. CINEMATIC MODE
G = Manually move focus back. CINEMATIC MODE
H = Manually move focus forward. Note that this is currently not working. CINEMATIC MODE
F = Set focus distance to whatever you're looking at. CINEMATIC MODE
O = Locks focus to a particular object/person to keep the subject in focus where ever you move the camera. CINEMATIC MODE
T = Save camera coordinates.
R = Snap back to the saved camera coordinates.

<<Advanced Demo Commands>>

• spectatorcmd cinematic

Switches into a "cinematic" view with hidden HUD, tighter FOV, more aggressive motion blur & depth of field, and increases LOD to highest value to make the game look its best. Using this command doesn't change your overall game quality in video settings. To exit cinematic mode, left click once then middle click twice.

• spectatorcmd aperture <x>

Sets the aperture of the cinematic camera which controls how aggressive the depth of field is. Lower number means more foreground and background blur with regards to your subject. Higher number means more of the scene will be in focus. This setting seems to bottom out at 1.0 and top out at 22.

• spectatorcmd aspectratio <x>

Sets the aspect ratio of cinematic mode.

• spectatorcmd lens <x>

Sets the field of view while in cinematic mode. 100 = default. Lower number means wider, higher number means more narrow. Too low and you will introduce severe stretching/skewing.

• spectatorcmd noclip

Allows you to move the camera through objects without obstruction. Enter the command again to enable clipping.

• spectatorcmd focus <x>

Manually set focus distance. Higher number = focus on things farther away. Using command requires a lot of trial and error to get the focus locked on the subject.

• m.hidehud 1

Completely hide all hud elements while outside of cinematic mode.

<<Tips>>

Use mouse smoothing in control options in conjunction with a low demo.timedilation value to create smooth panning shots with mouse movement.

95 81
  • 21 Jun
 HalldeiMaul

@LumpyCustard said:
Hey guys, i've been screwing around with demo mode and am in the process of writing a full guide. This is a list of commands i've compiled from various sources, as well as my own findings.

Hi!
That's nice, thanks. Have you by any chance figured out how to make it so that its identifyable who is doing what in the demo? I.e. show playernames over their heads somehow, like when spectating ingame?

53 77

@HalldeiMaul said:

@LumpyCustard said:

Hi!
That's nice, thanks. Have you by any chance figured out how to make it so that its identifyable who is doing what in the demo? I.e. show playernames over their heads somehow, like when spectating ingame?

I have found console commands to enable player kill feed, however i haven't found any way to show player names on models unfortunately. Displaying player names seems to be new functionality that was added in a recent patch (the 2nd or 3rd patch for mordhau that added team icons), so maybe the feature is incomplete/incompatible with demo mode.

Also, not sure where to post it, but i've made my first cinematic

95 81

Also, not sure where to post it, but i've made my first cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlQGWFfCpG4

Aww, the game can look quite nice in that mode.
Got to say though, you made the slo-mo feel more drawn out than having to play a map of Crossroads..

1 0

Does anybody know how to find them in your mordhau files?