Mordhau

What are the commands for replay editing?

5 12

I accidentally press " i ", after i demoplay my file suddenly it's like timeline that we can drag..and play.. THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! :) to use it double click at the resume.. BUT there is drawback using this, the problem after i'm using " i " i cannot move my camera again... anyone know solution about this ?? ok i already figure it out... u must press F now i can move my camera again !! and press i again to use the timeline i mean the visual timeline... this is so cool !!!

Ok short tutorial quickstart how to create cinematic :
You must be in match such as Deathmatch, Horde etc, but i prefer you versus the bot in Local Match for this tutorial. Make 2 bot are enough.

assume example1 is your first filename.

1. press ~ to open console
  2. type demorec example1
  3. so at this time the game will record the session match, u will not see any visual indicator :) dont worry.
  4. about (10 second or 20 seconds wait depends on you because this quickstart) open the console using ~
  5. type disconnect
  6. now at the main menu click FIGHT -> LOCAL MATCH -> CONTRABAND -> START MATCH
  7. after u in game, click SPECTATE <--- THIS IS A MUST, if u don't click this your camera will not move. It's because a BUG.
  8. press ~ to open console
  9. type demoplay example1
  10. now move your camera using WASD and search your actors/person in a fight.
  11. after u found your actors/person in a fight, you can press i that will bring the timeline. the timeline is very useful to drag any timeline that you want. it will save your time! :) in the timeline you cannot move your camera. So how to move your camera again? see step 12.
  12. now press F to exit the timeline. Now you can move your camera.
  13. Lastly you can use any screen recorder program like NVIDIA Geforce Experience, FRAPS, to record your game cinematic. :)

After you have finish your cinematic recording using the screen recorder as i mention in step 13, open the console again using ~ and then type demostop

That's all friend. please give me credits after all my time to create this quickstart tutorial to create cinematic for you guys :)

p/s : Middle Mouse is to change camera type

1. First person Camera
  2. Third Person Camera lock to Character
  3. Free Camera

Left Click Mouse will switch next forward character in the match
    Right Click Mouse will switch next reverse character in the match

Note : when u press the mouse button above u will exit the SpectatorCMD cinematic
so, if u want to bring back it just hit the console ~ then type SpectatorCMD cinematic

1 2

NINJAHITAM, you sexy beast, thank-you very much :)

7 0
  • 23 May
 Silvolt

Is this mode full of bugs at the moment? I tried the timeline and it just crashed the spectator mode

5 12
  • 24 May
 NINJAHITAM

I forgot to mention the visual timeline you must double click the resume button its mean the timeline must be play not to be paused when you press F.. it u exit the timeline when u pause everything will got stuck and u must demostop and restart the game. hope this will help you guys.

Sellsword 52 73
  • 24 May
 --Locke

@NINJAHITAM said:
I forgot to mention the visual timeline you must double click the resume button its mean the timeline must be play not to be paused when you press F.. it u exit the timeline when u pause everything will got stuck and u must demostop and restart the game. hope this will help you guys.

Funnily that happened to me a moment before reading this.

No need to restart the game, though. You can get unstuck by resuming the demo by console using demo.TimeDilation 1. It's literally the command the timeline utilizes when changing the playback speed.

To move in paused mode I prefer to have something like demo.TimeDelation .0001 so it's almost like paused but you can prep the camera without being stuck.

@Silvolt said:
Is this mode full of bugs at the moment? I tried the timeline and it just crashed the spectator mode

It basically works regarding the functions documented in this thread. It's just a bit clunky to make use of them due to the lack of GUIs and, as you've already seen it, unstable at times.

5 12
  • 25 May
 NINJAHITAM

@--Locke said:

@NINJAHITAM said:

Funnily that happened to me a moment before reading this.

No need to restart the game, though. You can get unstuck by resuming the demo by console using demo.TimeDilation 1. It's literally the command the timeline utilizes when changing the playback speed.

To move in paused mode I prefer to have something like demo.TimeDelation .0001 so it's almost like paused but you can prep the camera without being stuck.

@Silvolt said:

It basically works regarding the functions documented in this thread. It's just a bit clunky to make use of them due to the lack of GUIs and, as you've already seen it, unstable at times.

Thank you for sharing --Locke now we finally not stuck again and restart the game hahaha... oh by the way
I'm want to share some console command that easy for you to know on what time or second does the best event you want to capture isn't it ?

Here some command at the console :

demo.WithTimeBurnin 1
this will show u what time in second of event that occur. :)

demo.GotoTimeinSeconds 10
this will goto to directly to 10 second of event.. :)

demo.WithTimeBurnin 0
hide the time of event good for recording after u prep everything.

demo.skipTIme 10
skip the time 10 second forward

P/s : after u're using SpectatorCMD cinematic
and demostop
u will not see any HUD in the game you fight if you want to get GOLD or XP. So how to fix and bring back the HUD normally ? goto console ~
m.HideHUD 0

this will bring back your HUD in the match u FIGHT after your recording session.
Hope this help u guy :)

2 0

Hi, is there a console command that allows you to find yourself in demo? Switch camera to your player may be?
How to switch camera to free fly after focusing on some1 (after LMB/RMB 1st person player)
And how to turn off cinematic camera? (back to default camera)

"F to set focus to what you're looking at,
G & H to raise/lower focus distance,
T to save camera position & rotation,
R to reset camera position & rotation,
O to set focus to track whatever you're looking at (O again to disable),
Mouse Wheel Up/Down to increase/decrease camera movement speed." - this seems not working for me rightnow

Thanks!

2 0

Is there a way to move the cinematic camera when the demo is paused? It would be nice to line up shots but when it is paused everything is frozen. I have to use timescale .25 to line up shots :/ thanks!

also does anyone else notice lag when recording a demo? I lose about 50fps when playing frontlines

7 0
  • 31 May
 Silvolt

G seems to work but H doesn't as well not sure why... not the biggest deal but want some focus changes and cant do them :(

Baron 1 1
  • 31 May
 Macrobat

Is it possible to bind console commands (like these for replays) to keys? e.g. demo.skipTime 10 as Period

1 0

hello i have created an account just to ask this so i hope there will be answer.. can someone please provide an example of how moving through the time in a replay is doable. i understand the command is demo.gototimeinseconds but when i type it in im just not sure how it should look as a command. thank you in advance

2 0

Press i button and ull see a timeline.
Press f button to choose "free fly" mode.

Does any1 know how to switch campera/find player that im looking for? (in demo)

95 81

Does setting

m.HideHUD 0

also show playernames again?

When I play back a demo it does not show the name of players that I am spectating, and I know the demo recorded them (saw it in the demofile itself).

2 0

Press I to open the timeline. Double click to do things. I again to close I believe and then F to move camera again.

26 53
  • 3 Jun
 Mojique

Is there a camera tilt function, as to rotate the camera angle so it's not perfectly horizontal or even make it a vertical shot? I swore I did it at least once before, but I can't figure it out for the life of me now.

95 81

Turns out that m.HideHUD didn't help to show playernames.
Does anyone know how to have the playback show the name of the player you are spectating?

9 3
  • 4 Jun
 Goatius

@HalldeiMaul said:
Turns out that m.HideHUD didn't help to show playernames.
Does anyone know how to have the playback show the name of the player you are spectating?

No, I don't think there is a way to view player names in the replays. The closest thing you'll get is opening the advanced console (double tap console button) and you can see which players are in your demo.

9 3
  • 4 Jun
 Goatius

Hi, for anyone looking for a quick guide on how to use the demo feature, I made little tutorial!

9 3
  • 4 Jun
 Goatius

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to change the location that the demos are saved? I would like to make them save on my SSD (same spot I have mordhau installed) instead of being saved on my HDD where I have windows. Thanks!

95 81

Goatius you can simply use junction (mklink /J iirc with admin console in windows) to redirect any directory to any other directory on a windows system.
You can google many tutorials for it as well.

And I really wish the names would show up during the demo, not just via playerlist. :/
The entire point of recording is to have the chance to see who did what when.