Mordhau

What are the commands for replay editing?

101 170
  • 19 Apr
 Sektor

As I understand Trix made the trailer using demo replays and certain commands. what are some useful commands? specifically, recording, replaying, stopping, free camera, slowmo or freeze. Thanks in advance <3

Duke 5473 13073
  • 19 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

demo settings

demo.useadaptivereplayupdatefrequency 0
demo.recordhz 120
is what you set beforehand
demorec demoname
to start recording
demoplay demoname to play it back
demostop to stop
demopause to pause
demo.timedilation x to set playback speed
demo.gototimeinseconds to go forward/back in time
thats about the most important stuff

the top thing should be default but you should set the recordhz to the tickrate of the server

101 170
  • 19 Apr
 Sektor

Thank you dude! Also, is there a way to gain free camera?

Duke 5473 13073
  • 19 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

yea just like when you're spectating

Baron 36 345
  • 20 Apr
 Trix

@Jax said:
demo.recordhz 120

Jax pretty much completely covered the Demo commands, but you don't need to worry about the above two settings anymore, the defaults have been changed to these as far as I'm aware.

As for the camera there's a ton of commands that I'll list. Keep in mind the following console commands only work when you're already in the spectator camera:

• SpectatorCmd cinematic [use this first to enter the cinematic camera, other commands don't work otherwise]
  • SpectatorCmd aspectratio
  • SpectatorCmd noclip
  • SpectatorCmd aperture
  • SpectatorCmd lens
  • SpectatorCmd focus

The following are the keyboard controls for the camera:

• F to set focus to what you're looking at,
  • G & H to raise/lower focus distance,
  • T to save camera position & rotation,
  • R to reset camera position & rotation,
  • O to set focus to track whatever you're looking at (O again to disable),
  • Mouse Wheel Up/Down to increase/decrease camera movement speed.

By default demos are stored in this directory: "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Demos". They can take up a bit of space so just keep tabs on them if you record a ton.

101 170
  • 20 Apr
 Sektor

Thanks a lot for the answers. I have recorded a few matches last night but it seems like the camera is totally bugged. I cannot move it, at all. It just stays in the same spot when the demo starts. I have tried every single button from my keyboard. Nothing, nada.

Baron 36 345
  • 20 Apr
 Trix

@Sektor said:
Thanks a lot for the answers. I have recorded a few matches last night but it seems like the camera is totally bugged. I cannot move it, at all. It just stays in the same spot when the demo starts. I have tried every single button from my keyboard. Nothing, nada.

That's a known problem because the demo system is still a work in progress. You can work around this by joining a local match (or any match really), going into the spectator camera, and then opening up the demo via the console.

Knight 933 941
  • 5 May
 afiNity

demo.recordhz 120

Do I have to set this everytime or does that get saved?

3 13
  • 6 May
 Pilgore

Hey guys, I've been messing around with the demo feature as well and I've got a few problems I can't figure out yet.

Like Sektor says, when I record a demo and play it back my camera is fixed and can't be moved. So far it only works with bots in local matches.

Another issue is that once I play a demo and the demo ends I can't exit the demo. I can't press esc either and quit the game so I need to alt+f4 every time I play a demo to exit. using "demoplay stop" does nothing.

And finally, this is more a request than a bug. Maybe it's already in the game and I'm not aware of it but smoother camera control would be nice. Yes, you can slow the camera down with the mouse wheel but I'm missing camera drift and more inertia control. This allows for far smoother shots and and more "cinematic" looking videos (in Chivalry, this was the "switchtoobservermode 2" command).

The game is fantastic,

Cheers.

9 3
  • 11 May
 Goatius

Hi, thanks for the information poster here, it has been useful. One thing I am still wondering about is if there is a way to reload the blood and other overlay textures with a command. My problem is that when I use the demo.gototimeinseconds command, the blood persists, ruining those cinematic shots lol ;)

Thanks in advance.

36 12
  • 11 May
 Taki7o7

@Trix said:

@Jax said:
demo.recordhz 120

Jax pretty much completely covered the Demo commands, but you don't need to worry about the above two settings anymore, the defaults have been changed to these as far as I'm aware.

As for the camera there's a ton of commands that I'll list. Keep in mind the following console commands only work when you're already in the spectator camera:

• SpectatorCmd cinematic [use this first to enter the cinematic camera, other commands don't work otherwise]
  • SpectatorCmd aspectratio
  • SpectatorCmd noclip
  • SpectatorCmd aperture
  • SpectatorCmd lens
  • SpectatorCmd focus

The following are the keyboard controls for the camera:

• F to set focus to what you're looking at,
  • G & H to raise/lower focus distance,
  • T to save camera position & rotation,
  • R to reset camera position & rotation,
  • O to set focus to track whatever you're looking at (O again to disable),
  • Mouse Wheel Up/Down to increase/decrease camera movement speed.

By default demos are stored in this directory: "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Demos". They can take up a bit of space so just keep tabs on them if you record a ton.

how to disable it again?

101 170
  • 12 May
 Sektor

demostop stops the demo playing

2 3
  • 12 May
 Heretic

Honestly, if someone could post a tutorial on how to do all this that would be much appreciated.

36 12
  • 12 May
 Taki7o7

@Sektor said:

oh thanks. but i was unclear. I suffer on how to exit the cinematic cam. You know this aswell? ^^

Greetings

529 278

Wait what is this? Can you only do this in spectator mode?

2 3
  • 12 May
 Heretic

^Yes! I am stuck on cinematic cam as well. Help pls.

36 12
  • 12 May
 Taki7o7

@Heretic said:
^Yes! I am stuck on cinematic cam as well. Help pls.

well i feel a bit better now when i know i am not alone :D

101 170
  • 12 May
 Sektor

@Taki7o7 said:

@Sektor said:

oh thanks. but i was unclear. I suffer on how to exit the cinematic cam. You know this aswell? ^^

Greetings

Cinematic cam seems to exit everytime you spectate a player, third person or first. At least for me, it seems that way.

Baron 3 0
  • 16 May
 Meza

Hey, is there a way to track a single player the whole game even after he dies or at least a button to find your own merc instantly?

36 12
  • 17 May
 Taki7o7

@Meza said:
Hey, is there a way to track a single player the whole game even after he dies or at least a button to find your own merc instantly?

afaik no