Mordhau

Server Host Config File

Baron 495 1379

All great ideas. Looking forward.

1 1
  • 17 May
 Vindred

Hello.

I would also appreciate the ability to define a default number of bots per game type, e.g. TDMBots=int, FFABots=int, and so on so that they would persist across map changes and be specific to game type.

Same thing goes for a default slomo setting.

Good list, thanks for making.

7 2

Any update from the devs on this? This very much still needs to happen.

7 2

Ba dump bump.

531 283
  • 11 Jun
 Gambit

It's already possible.

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameMode.BP_DeathmatchGameMode_C]
ScoreToWin=5000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_DeathmatchGameState.BP_DeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

and

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameMode_C]
TeamScoreToWin=5000

[/Game/Mordhau/Blueprints/GameModes/BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState.BP_TeamDeathmatchGameState_C]
MatchDurationMax=1200

The timers break when you set it above 1200, so everyone thinks the game is never going to end.

7 2

There's a huge list of things that need to happen that server hosts are requesting, that's just one tiny aspect of it. ;)

531 283
  • 11 Jun
 Gambit

@Master Oogway said:
There's a huge list of things that need to happen that server hosts are requesting, that's just one tiny aspect of it. ;)

I agree. RCON is definitely what I want the most anyway, as the community could solve a lot of the other problems themselves then.

7 2

I mean, yeah, we could. But we shouldn't have to. Dozens/Hundreds/Thousands (i have no real idea) of us are either buying servers or hosting on our own machines to facilitate this game being awesome. The least the devs could do is give us the tools to actually manage our own servers. I adore this game, and have been waiting years for it, but some simple QOL things would make it massively more enjoyable for us who host.

36 12
  • 11 Jun
 Taki7o7

@Master Oogway said:
I mean, yeah, we could. But we shouldn't have to. Dozens/Hundreds/Thousands (i have no real idea) of us are either buying servers or hosting on our own machines to facilitate this game being awesome. The least the devs could do is give us the tools to actually manage our own servers. I adore this game, and have been waiting years for it, but some simple QOL things would make it massively more enjoyable for us who host.

I just hope they don't wait until all motivated guys piss off ^^

7 2

I'm sure they've been busy with new patches and things; but would be nice to at least hear from them that some of this stuff is in the pipeline.

Baron 495 1379

I'm fairly certain it will be in the pipeline or already is. Time is all we have to deal with for the moment.

7 2

A reserved slot would be so nice. It's incredibly frustrating to not be able to log into your own server in order to check on it/moderate.

48 18
  • 15 Jul
 Luward

This kinda got derailed form the OP's question about modifying ini files, so I'm going to try hijacking it for troubleshooting. I've been trying to get a dedicated server running for a bout a week. I followed the instructions in the forums for install and initial setup, but, while it shows up in LAN, no one can join. I am trying to join on the same computer that is running the server. I have tried using console command "join 127.0.0.1" Everyone gets "failed to update server information." The log has these 2 entries that indicate the problem. [2019.07.14-12.40.12:284][ 0]LogOnline: Warning: Mordhau: Steam API failed to initialize!
[2019.07.14-12.50.12:452][970]LogGameMode: Error: CanServerTravel: FURL :7781//Game/Mordhau/Maps/DuelCamp/FL_Camp?Name=Player?listen blocked, contains : or \
I am unable to find any information except that there are alot of people who are unable to get their dedicated servers working.

I am running on Manjaro, but a roommate is using Windows 10, and his doesn't even show in the server list.

190 93

Mods and admins running servers and with tools to moderate those servers are the life blood of any games lifespan...

531 283
  • 15 Jul
 Gambit

@Luward said:
This kinda got derailed form the OP's question about modifying ini files, so I'm going to try hijacking it for troubleshooting. I've been trying to get a dedicated server running for a bout a week. I followed the instructions in the forums for install and initial setup, but, while it shows up in LAN, no one can join. I am trying to join on the same computer that is running the server. I have tried using console command "join 127.0.0.1" Everyone gets "failed to update server information." The log has these 2 entries that indicate the problem. [2019.07.14-12.40.12:284][ 0]LogOnline: Warning: Mordhau: Steam API failed to initialize!
[2019.07.14-12.50.12:452][970]LogGameMode: Error: CanServerTravel: FURL :7781//Game/Mordhau/Maps/DuelCamp/FL_Camp?Name=Player?listen blocked, contains : or \
I am unable to find any information except that there are alot of people who are unable to get their dedicated servers working.

I am running on Manjaro, but a roommate is using Windows 10, and his doesn't even show in the server list.

The Steam API failed to initialise error is the problem. I've had this happen on windows and ubuntu and it was a pain. Are you hosting this locally? I would recommend getting a cheap CentOS VPS and trying it their, that worked best for me. Check out my dashboard thread for a one line install script. Here's the main commands I use to setup CentOS instances https://github.com/leona/gs-admin-api/blob/master/bin/setup-mordhau.sh

I have a signature

48 18
  • 1
  • 15 Jul
 Luward

@Gambit said:
The Steam API failed to initialise error is the problem. I've had this happen on windows and ubuntu and it was a pain. Are you hosting this locally? I would recommend getting a cheap CentOS VPS and trying it their, that worked best for me. Check out my dashboard thread for a one line install script. Here's the main commands I use to setup CentOS instances https://github.com/leona/gs-admin-api/blob/master/bin/setup-mordhau.sh

I am trying to host it on my Manjaro computer. I am also trying to host on my roommate's WIN 10 computer.
I'm not going to go distro hopping. I looked into the Steam API error, and the fix was to have Steam run as admin, which I haven't figured out how to do in Manjaro. I tried running as root from terminal, and it cannot run as root user. I tried running the MordhauServer.sh as root, but the executable refuses to run as root. When I used chmod u+s to make it run with root privilege, it loaded without any errors, but still "failed to update server information" when I try to join. I'll try running as admin on the Windows computer and see if that gets it working there.

2 5
  • 22 Jul
 fluff

Bump - some better admin tools please gentlemen

7 2

Bumpity bump.

531 283
  • 28 Jul
 Gambit

@Master Oogway said:
Bumpity bump.

Why are you guys bumping this?