Mordhau

Server Host Config File

Baron 495 1379

Good day, I figured I'd post a new topic as I fear posting on a "necro" thread will catch flak.

So at the moment the config file I have access to has limited ability to alter settings. I remember Chivalry was similar in what could be changed and as time went on more was customizable. Such as; changing the round time and goal score.

Is this a simple addition I could add to the Game.ini file?

Here is the current game.ini setting:

[/Script/Mordhau.MordhauGameMode]
PlayerRespawnTime=0.100000
BallistaRespawnTime=1.000000
CatapultRespawnTime=1.000000
HorseRespawnTime=0.200000
DamageFactor=1.00000
TeamDamageFactor=0.500000
MapRotation=FFA_ThePit
Etc
etc

[/Script/Mordhau.MordhauGameSession]
bIsLANServer=False
MaxSlots=64
ServerName=Moordhau Skirmishers - Gracious Welcome
ServerPassword=
AdminPassword=yourmom
BannedPlayers=()

Many thanks. I did a search n' couldn't find this answer.

• also would be great if Mordhau had what Chivalry had originally but then appeared to have removed in a far later patch.
    The ability to restrict player chat to the team they're on only. This is something I would highly recommend having added for the server side settings. "AllowNonTeamChat=False"
Baron 2 11
 Reason

I'm certain all developers are busy with the launch but may we please get a developer response to Barons thread & the features below?

Additional features needed:
1) Reserved slots.
2) Custom automated server messages & custom formatting (color, etc).
3) Custom Message of the Day (MOTD) at least in text and with clickable hyperlinks (steam group pages, etc) but ideally a custom image (see Chivalry or a dozen source games).
edit: Great point (#4) from @Corsario
4) Autokick last player in when admin joins, as alternative to reserved slots for servers that don't want to limit their space.
- edit:
5) Easily accessible map vote list with custom parameters (vote threshold percent, time allotted, etc).
6) More accessible player vote kick with custom parameters (vote threshold percent, time allotted, etc).
7) Column sorting in the server browser(!?).
- edit:
8) Server join queue for full servers.
9a) Favorite section of the server browser.
9b) Ability to favorite a server from the browser (as well as to favorite a server [within] a server).
- edit: More great point. This time from @U.F.O.
10) Editable auto-kick client idle time config parameter.
11) Rcon support in order to develop + implement tools.
12) Ping kicker with threshold and duration for which the threshold is hit (over seconds or instant).
13) Map victory conditions tied to editable config parameters!!! This one is huge, do not leave Mordhau like the game "Squad" of which one cannot edit any of these params because they're stuck baked in to the map. We must be able to edit things such as game mode parameters for FFA=time and/or score, FL= tickets,ticket bleed rate & time, TDM=total score, SKM= rounds.
14) In-game logged-in admins ability to kick and ban through tab / scoreboard player list.

- edit:
@Triternion
We (server hosts) are happy to pay top dollar to rent high quality servers so that Triternion does not have to bear the monthly expense, so long as your studio meets us half way by offering the features we need. Without these features (and ideally more), we have less of an incentive to pay money, monthly, for game servers.
I really hope your studio understands that all of these points above are not merely some wish list but rather that they're essential features in 2019 for any game which makes dedicated servers available. These features should be [expected] by community organizers in this era.

The value proposition, for your company, is clear. By empowering community organizers & server hosts, your company gets free monthly servers and thousands of gaming community owners acting as corporate evangelists, promoting your product (Mordhau), and studio, to thousands of unaware or on-the-fence players. Marketing 101, the only promotion better than famous faces ("influencers", eyes roll), is the endorsement from friends. I know Barons group (the Moorland Skirmishers) and ours (Field of Regard) both directed hundreds of people (on day one) to your Kickstarter page of which dozens of people from our groups contributed (confirmed as we played the alpha/beta with all of them).
Over the lifespan of your product, our groups small effort will be dwarfed by what thousands of other groups will provide for your studio with the tools we all need to help our communities and your company as a result.

Knight 214 1007
  • 1 May
 Corsario

@Reason said:
I'm certain all developers are busy with the launch but may we please get a developer response to Barons thread & the features below?

1) Reserved slots
2) Custom automated server messages & custom formatting (color, etc)
3) Custom Message of the Day (MOTD) at least in text with clickable link (steam group pages etc) but ideally a custom image (see Chivalry or a dozen source games)

• 4) autokick last player in when admin joins, as alternative to reserved slots for servers that don't want to limit their space.
1 4
  • 1 May
 fluff

1) Reserved slots
3) Custom Message of the Day (MOTD) at least in text and with clickable hyperlinks (steam group pages, etc) but ideally a custom image (see Chivalry or a dozen source games)
edit: Great idea (#4) from @Corsario
4) Autokick last player in when admin joins, as alternative to reserved slots for servers that don't want to limit their space.
edit:
5) Easily accessible map vote list with custom parameters (vote threshold percent, time allotted, etc)
6) More accessible player vote kick with custom parameters (vote threshold percent, time allotted, etc)
7) Column sorting in the server browser(!?)

As a server host these are some of the updates I'm most excited for

162 124

hopefully this and comp gets added soon

Sellsword 3 5
  • 2 May
 U.F.O.

10) Editable autokick client idle time
11) Rcon support in order to develop + implement tools
12) Ping kicker with threshold
13) Edit gamemodes, FFA=time and/or score, FL= tickets, TDM=total score, SKM= rounds
14) Auto logged admins ability to kick and ban through tab / scoreboard player list

Baron 2 11
 Reason

@Corsario said:
4) autokick last player in when admin joins, as alternative to reserved slots for servers that don't want to limit their space.

@U.F.O. said:
10) Editable autokick client idle time
11) Rcon support in order to develop + implement tools
12) Ping kicker with threshold
13) Edit gamemodes, FFA=time and/or score, FL= tickets, TDM=total score, SKM= rounds
14) Auto logged admins ability to kick and ban through tab / scoreboard player list

Thank you both! I logged in today to add game mode parameters to the list but you (UFO) already thought of it (13). I have added all six of your points above. I added to #13 but don't hesitate to offer criticism if you have any.

Knight 214 1007
  • 3 May
 Corsario

Your list is perfect and it would benefit the game enormously. We'll keep thinking of possible features we might be missing. Let's hope the devs have some time to address the points on your list.

178 186
  • 3 May
 Roag

"Server join queue for full servers."

Doesn't this already exist? Or at least in matchmaking.

Also seems like the game allows adding admins via steamID, if this is the case why is a password required?

Baron 495 1379

Other things to consider which I may not have mentioned:

• Server Side to remove the auto-balance
• Server Side to force custom color mode and general HUD options such as force removal of certain HUD items.

Baron 495 1379

• Ability to lock a team would be amazing.
For example: Having one team reserved (locked) while everyone who joins is forced to the other team.
Or simply having the ability to move a player to the other team.
But really, being able to reserve slots for a team would be magical.

Baron 495 1379

• Server side ability to remove the team damage penalty.
(Does not negatively effect score)

1 1
  • 4 May
 Raysparks

More options for server owners would be great. It's always a good idea to allow people to experiment around with settings so players can find what type of game they enjoy most.

Knight 235 661

@Raysparks said:
More options for server owners would be great. It's always a good idea to allow people to experiment around with settings so players can find what type of game they enjoy most.

Welcome To The Forums. Also, I'd add the ability to adjust gravity.

2 3
 Snazz

More options would be great, particularly:

• Disable/Change Idle Kick
  • Disable Team Autobalance

Plus

• Change Minimum Players Needed ("Waiting for players")
1 1

@MrGhostTheFlyingFlail said:

@Raysparks said:

Welcome To The Forums. Also, I'd add the ability to adjust gravity.

I did that just now in my server. had to mess around with the config file and set the gravity from "-980" to "-90" you could jump really high,projectiles would fly across the whole map. but,once you started to fall down,you had a "knockdown" animation.

I'd like some options to deactivate Fall damage for example. Being able to change the starting gold and Gold earned in Horde mode would be cool too. (by this I don't mean account gold/exp,which you get after each match,but the horde mode specific gold)

13 9
  • 11 May
 Skaatje

Just here for the updates on this topic. Don't mind me ;)

4 1

dream is free :(

33 11
  • 11 May
 Taki7o7

@Corsario said:

@Reason said:

1) Reserved slots
3) Custom Message of the Day (MOTD) at least in text with clickable link (steam group pages etc) but ideally a custom image (see Chivalry or a dozen source games)

• 4) autokick last player in when admin joins, as alternative to reserved slots for servers that don't want to limit their space.

Autokick only for whitelisted players (if they bought reserved slots for example)

But when an admin joins, why you want to kick somebody? Me as admin won't play on my own server. I just keep it clean from trolls which become more and more ^^ So it would be cool if an admin can just join as spectator without kicking anybody

@Snazz said:
More options would be great, particularly:

• Disable/Change Idle Kick
  • Disable Team Autobalance

Plus

• Change Minimum Players Needed ("Waiting for players")

The disable idle kick would be cool to be setup for admins as default. It's weird when you spectate and get kicked from your own server >.<

Knight 214 1007
  • 12 May
 Corsario

@Taki7o7 said:

@Corsario said:

Autokick only for whitelisted players (if they bought reserved slots for example)

But when an admin joins, why you want to kick somebody? Me as admin won't play on my own server. I just keep it clean from trolls which become more and more ^^ So it would be cool if an admin can just join as spectator without kicking anybody

I suggested this for dedicated servers with heavy admin presence such as [ES][UHS] c=={:::Acero::Toledano:::>, but it can also be the case of Moorland Skirmishers or [FOR] Frontline 24/7 servers.

Admins play and watch over the server on a daily basis, so this kind of measure can be particularly helpful.