Mordhau

Constant high ping (80+)

954 302

Mordhau and Battlefield 1 are the only games i play that have 300 ping almost eveygame TF2 has a high 100-150 constant but world of warcraft has a 25 ping for me and i live in america and play in the EU alot

3 4
  • 22 May
 Blash

give those posts visibility.... they didnt announce anything about solutions to the game`s unplayable status for many people

5 3
  • 24 May
 Miranda

@King Sinclair The FluffyDragon said:

@Miranda said:
I'm on the same boat. Mordhau is the only online game that latency is a serious disadvantage for me.

Not only that, all my friends in my area are dealing with 100+ pings (most of us get pings anywhere from 35 to 65 in dota, cg:go, for honor...) The sad thing is that i have lots of fun playing with the bots, but can't play on official servers and community servers are not much better.

All my friends refunded the game, and i can't seriously recommend it to anyone else.

Yeah while its no where as bad as launch ping theres still a painful ping/latency problem that seems to come out of no where even when the game was just working fine not to long prior, hopefully the devs can find what and make massive fixes and overhauls for it,

If they do however fix it, want me to let ya know to test it out?

Sure thing, i really want this game to succeed, and will help anyway i can.

8 13
  • 24 May
 Audition89

I'm also running into this as well as a friend of mine. We both live in two different states

At first the game was running well, now I run into periods of lag spikes of roughly 2-3 seconds of 300-500 ping.

1 0
  • 27 May
 Kiko

I'm suffering from it in the UK with servers that geographically are literally a city over. My ping has never been this bad in a game before and it comes in spikes throughout a match. It is god-awful to play through.

7 5

Yeah they really need to fix this.

21 9
  • 19 Jun
 qbmax

Somethings fucky here and I've been saying it for weeks. Not only is ping completely disgusting on most servers, but FPS on most maps is also completely awful, especially on frontline. I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt here and I was hoping patch 7 would be a saving grace that would make the game playable again but instead we got a half-baked map and some poorly thought out weapons. Removing this from my steam library until it's actually playable again tbh

King 2425 3398

@qbmax said:
Somethings fucky here and I've been saying it for weeks. Not only is ping completely disgusting on most servers, but FPS on most maps is also completely awful, especially on frontline. I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt here and I was hoping patch 7 would be a saving grace that would make the game playable again but instead we got a half-baked map and some poorly thought out weapons. Removing this from my steam library until it's actually playable again tbh

Stay on the discord but mute everything except devs posting announcements o3o hoping shit gets fixed too and see more modes

1 1

I got this game yesterday and it already has 20-30ms ping over my regular multiplayer games like bf1, lol, fortnite and also fps is unstable on many maps seems like they are still relying on alpha servers I guess.

954 302

funnily enough my ping issue from befor died after they released crossroads havent had more than 80 since then and since i can atleast play with 80 im fine now vs the pre update 300+

14 7
  • 28 Jun
 Elyon

@Antoniokontos said:
Mordhau and Battlefield 1 are the only games i play that have 300 ping almost eveygame TF2 has a high 100-150 constant but world of warcraft has a 25 ping for me and i live in america and play in the EU alot

Like, I never had problems on Counter Strike and Bf4.
I have always been able to play on German and French servers with 40/50 ping.

On MORDHAU my minimum ping is 70 on 1 or 2 servers, all the other servers are in red with more than 150.

The first month after the release of the game no problem, but since the first big patch the game has become unplayable if I want to be successful.

3 3

I was playing mordhau yesterday, everything fine, ping between 40 - 70 ms, i can deal with it and its not too bad. I log in today and no servers show up when i search, i changed the ping limit on the search and find that all servers are listed as being 100 ping or more. when i logged into the server with the lowest ping my ping was above 170 constantly. I have changed literally nothing between yesterday and today. >:(
I should also add that everything else i play is fine and no lag issues outside the norm with any other game

King 2425 3398

Please remove icefuse pingspoof servers
Ping problem bad enough on offical servers we don't need them making things fuckier for everyone

Seriously id rather play in europe/Australia from the US than an icefuse server telling me its "only 40 ping"

2 0
  • 22 Jul
 Circlegod

I am also having this issue. I get anywhere from 80 ms to 150 ms while playing. I can still kind of play like this, but it makes it really hard to get the upper hand on anyone since it makes all my timing and predictions off.

I hope a fix comes out soon, this is my favorite game and I really want to be able to enjoy it again. Seems like it has been happening since the last patch, but not before then.

I checked my own connection and it is good and stable and I get consistent 30-50 ms in other games without issues.

Please help

294 116

First of all, my ping is also higher, in other games I get below 20 ping for servers in my town, 25-40 in all of germany in mordhau it's 40-60 in frankfurt (only a 100 km distance)

What's the port for mordhau servers?

Are you using Wifi?

What routers are you using and how fast is your connection speed?

I think the problem is the distance in location of the EU servers and your location. (in OPs case, greece) 80 ping seems bearable, maybe they'll add italian, serbian, romanian, turkish or greek servers in the future. All of those would improve your ping by around 15-20 I guess. But I think they should focus more on asia tbh, people from asia have been complaining aswell.
I'm aware several people seem to have the ping Issue but below 100 across several borders can be difficult. Also, they'll have to set up servers all around the world, which they're probably not completely finished doing.

It could also be a kind of bug in the game or it's just not fully optimised yet. On other days, like you mentioned the servers spiking, it could be a bottleneck in capacity at server provider at some primetime.

It could be the problem that mordhau uses more traffic than other games. But it would have to be way more.

Or maybe you have a router issue with the servers ports or something like that.

954 302

tbh the more and more people quit the better my Lat is

132 48
  • 23 Jul
 Highlander

@Sektor said:
I am playing on the official Frankfurt server and I always get 80+ ping. The reason I post this is because in every other game I play with maximum 50-60. In mount and blade for example, I play a on 200 man server with 60 ping when it's full, 50 when its like half. I am not a techie so I dont know what is the criteria to get a proper ping, but in every other game I get much less ping, and 80 really seems bad for a game like Mordhau. So I have tested mount and blade = 60 ping, CSGO = 54, Overwatch = 60, Chivalry = 60. Could this be because of the beta testing? In first that was my initial thought but it seems unlikely since most servers are rented servers? So its not on the game's side? I have my NAT open aswell. Help would be greatly appreciated because I feel very slow, especially on parries and kicks after an action, even weapons feel strange and can't play anything else other than fast ones and I really want to rock a 2H axe.

I understand how it feels mate, I have the worlds worst bug that gives me 70 ping all the time but whenever I get into a fight I go to 1000 ping and enter powerpoint mode where I proceed to get slaughtered, literally unplayable at this point unless I go archer ;(

30 21
  • 23 Jul
 FΞNIX

@marox said:

@Monsteri said:
One thing to keep in mind is whether a game includes the delay caused by server tickrate in the ping total or not. At a tickrate of 60 the server will take up to 16ms to send your packets around. I believe that in CS:GO, for example, the ping displayed on the scoreboard takes this into account, but the ping displayed in the net graph does not, hence it consistently being a bit lower than the ping on the scoreboard.

You can't really make a fair comparison without knowing whether the other games do this.

This. The value seen in Mordhau is not ping, but rather latency, which is ping + any frame/processing delays. We could display raw ping as some games do, but that's not very helpful for anything in particular. Most UE4/3 games do it this way, best comparisons ideally would be with other UE4 games.

Excuse me but i think that's partially bullshit, I got a dream RIG with consistent 60fps and i still get higher pings from time to time until i restart the game, As a developper i suspect your game code and management concerning this, since UE4 in-game latency really depends on how things were implemented, unoptimized calculation. But there is a chance i may be wrong since i'm drunk right now.

131 54
  • 23 Jul
 CarnifeX

ok, if its not the ping, then go and fix the latency at all
because my "latency" is completely shiz in mordhau, and i also dont have this problems in other games

i really like the game, but this lagspikes/screenlag or whatever this could be called drives me away from the game soon
i'm now lvl 85, and all the love for the game slowly dies without an update plus the bad ping/latency-situation

please do something, we dont need excuses we need fixes

8 8
  • 24 Jul
 Hiawatha

Every single server is fucked right now. Look at this:

Untitled.png

I joined like 3 official servers. They all say I'm going to have 40 - 60 ping, but when I join, everyone has 120 - 500 ping. Everyone was screaming in chat that it's unplayable laggy too. Where's your SRE team? Are they not even 24 hours?