Mordhau

Constant high ping (80+)

6 1

@hauser said:
I also keep getting consistently higher ping than what I should have. I live in Norway. When the official EU servers on the server browser display 50-80 ping, I go into them, and instead I fluctuate between 80 and 180 ping. On the worst occasions, I basically get crippled into 1000+ ping. Sometimes the game also reports packet loss. There is no reason why it would be like that, and other multiplayer games work perfectly fine.

I have this exact issue. I'm playing in Eastern US. Ping is fine on all other games. Please help :(

68 94
  • 5 May
 narwic

Every official server I join is 80+ ping minimum. I live in the Midwest.

Hosting my own server in New York I get 40-50 ping when its full.

25 19
  • 5 May
 Krtex

@hauser said:
I also keep getting consistently higher ping than what I should have. I live in Norway. When the official EU servers on the server browser display 50-80 ping, I go into them, and instead I fluctuate between 80 and 180 ping. On the worst occasions, I basically get crippled into 1000+ ping. Sometimes the game also reports packet loss. There is no reason why it would be like that, and other multiplayer games work perfectly fine.

I have the same problem just not that extreme, i get 80-120 ping and i'm located in Prague. Other games are also fine.

6 8
  • 6 May
 hauser

@Krtex said:

@hauser said:

I have the same problem just not that extreme, i get 80-120 ping and i'm located in Prague. Other games are also fine.

It seems to be fixed now.

6 1

@hauser said:

@Krtex said:

@hauser said:

did you change anything that you know of?

6 8
  • 6 May
 hauser

@Soothslayer said:

@hauser said:

@Krtex said:

@hauser said:

No, it just seems like they have restarted official servers and applied a fix to them. At least it worked for me.

29 50
  • 6 May
 coo_snake

Marox just explained why the ping seems higher than other games and it looks like no one read or acknowledged it. It's a little frustrating.

6 1

@coo_snake said:
Marox just explained why the ping seems higher than other games and it looks like no one read or acknowledged it. It's a little frustrating.

So is there nothing we can do to troubleshoot. I seen what he said, but that comment was old so i thought this was a new issue. I don't really get what he meant. Is there essentially nothing we can do?

25 19
  • 7 May
 Krtex

@Soothslayer said:

@hauser said:

@Krtex said:

@hauser said:

It's fixed for me now too, didn't really do anything except for restarting the router, but i've done that before when i first encountered the issue and that didn't help then, so i don't know if it's relevant.

29 50
  • 9 May
 coo_snake

What he meant is that most games don't calculate the number in the same way. He explained it pretty clearly I think. It's not a problem with the game, it's not laggier than other games, your ping isn't higher than other games, it's just not the same metric. So there is nothing you NEED to do.

If your ping is like 100 ms higher than other games and is jumpy it's a different problem but from the replies in this thread it seems the issue isn't Mordhau then? What's your framerate?

Conscript 8 3
  • 16 May
 Straton

I'm still having issues (on local US East servers) with my latency spiking from a comfortable ~45 to 200+. Looking at the scoreboard shows that the spikes impact nearly every player on the server. They last for 5-10 seconds and then latency returns to normal. They probably occur every two minutes or so.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mercenary 2548 4563
  • 16 May
 SIEGE

I get 130-150 on Frankfurt and Strasbourg and other servers, I even get 120 ping in a UAE server, in other games a UAE server gives me about 50-60 ping and I get ~100 on European servers in other games.

68 94
  • 16 May
 narwic

This all just seems like routing issues to the official servers. Nearly any community server is fine.

@coo_snake said:
If your ping is like 100 ms higher than other games and is jumpy it's a different problem but from the replies in this thread it seems the issue isn't Mordhau then? What's your framerate?

I know this is anecdotal, but I'm playing with between 90-120 framerate on average, sometimes I can get my full 144 and a gigabit internet connection

2 1
  • 16 May
 Gream.

Same issue. I'm from EU playing on EU servers and ping jumps up to +100ms which makes the game barely playable. Tried playing other game and the ping was at least three times lower.

5 3
  • 20 May
 Miranda

I'm on the same boat. Mordhau is the only online game that latency is a serious disadvantage for me.

Not only that, all my friends in my area are dealing with 100+ pings (most of us get pings anywhere from 35 to 65 in dota, cg:go, for honor...) The sad thing is that i have lots of fun playing with the bots, but can't play on official servers and community servers are not much better.

All my friends refunded the game, and i can't seriously recommend it to anyone else.

King 2425 3398

@Miranda said:
I'm on the same boat. Mordhau is the only online game that latency is a serious disadvantage for me.

Not only that, all my friends in my area are dealing with 100+ pings (most of us get pings anywhere from 35 to 65 in dota, cg:go, for honor...) The sad thing is that i have lots of fun playing with the bots, but can't play on official servers and community servers are not much better.

All my friends refunded the game, and i can't seriously recommend it to anyone else.

Yeah while its no where as bad as launch ping theres still a painful ping/latency problem that seems to come out of no where even when the game was just working fine not to long prior, hopefully the devs can find what and make massive fixes and overhauls for it,

If they do however fix it, want me to let ya know to test it out?

12 2
  • 21 May
 baraksam4

same here.
got 100-120 ping constancy while other games the ping is much lower,tried both official(Europe others are much higher) and browse games.
i know what the dev says about it's different calculation but still,maybe he can give us some rough idea how to calculate it or just post normal ping in the game TAB so people will know and can comapre it with ease.

954 302

lol i wish i had 80 ping i constantly have to struggle with 300 ping Highest ive had has been 970 ping lowest is 93 wich was on a Horde Server

37 37
  • 22 May
 sneakers

@sneakers said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGNOvp81TE

It's been like this for me since day one. I've taken my PC around to two of my friends houses which have different ISPs than myself and I still get 100ms. No matter the region the server is located. I can't use proper builds in Frontline, unless I spend most of my time ganking and back stabbing people. Spear is just about the only weapon I can use properly because of it's range and stab being so effective. As soon as I try to duel anyone I am just guessing parries and chambering. Most of the time I see people attacking me they literally grunt at the same time if not before the attack has hit me..

I know there's a lot of other people with this problem.

The game relies on you having under 50ms.

I have never experienced the game under that ping.

Are they going to fix this or even acknowledge that it's ruining people's experiences or does everyone here just think it's a bunch of made up bullshit? I don't understand.

From a thread I've made. I still have these issues and have had them since day one. Tried 5 different ISPs now. So it's either hardware or the game. I'm going to guess it's probably the game seeing as I can run literally every single other game I own perfectly fine.

37 37
  • 22 May
 sneakers

@coo_snake said:
What he meant is that most games don't calculate the number in the same way. He explained it pretty clearly I think. It's not a problem with the game, it's not laggier than other games, your ping isn't higher than other games, it's just not the same metric. So there is nothing you NEED to do.

But nearly all of us can play other games without this issue. So wtf is your point? "It's not the game"... but it is. Other games don't do this, at all.