Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Medic Bag Hold Time

Knight 9 17
  • 12 Apr '19
 TheCheeseball

I have been playing with the medic bag on all my classes for the past few weeks (~35hrs) and I feel the hold time needs a slight increase.

As of now, it is not broken. It is however very easy to withdraw from a team fight and heal to full quickly. Normally just one friendly between you and them is enough distraction to step back and heal, and I have healed very close to a team fight many times quite safely.

I feel like you should be more vulnerable when healing. With the bandage you have to switch to it, while with the bag you can heal with your weapon out and disengage at any moment. An increase of ~0.5s to 1.0s should be fine.

This would not mean the bag doesn't see play as post team fight all players wish to heal from the bag as it is much faster than a regen.

The 2 point cost is also good as it allows good armour and weapon choice.

Knight 3313 6811
  • 12 Apr '19
 Bodkin

If Medbag is not quick it is pretty much crap

It is good that it is powerful because of how quick normal regen is

Knight 337 778
  • 12 Apr '19
 AngelEyes

I kind of don’t really see the problem here exactly.

Increasing the use time even just a little would really make them useless.

If problems ever arise from medic bag spam and we notice it’s too op or something, the correct fix would be put a lower number of uses on them.

Knight 685 1855
  • 13 Apr '19
 ÐMontyleGueux

@TheCheeseball said:
I feel like you should be more vulnerable when healing. With the bandage you have to switch to it, while with the bag you can heal with your weapon out and disengage at any moment. An increase of ~0.5s to 1.0s should be fine.

You're forced to look down tho, can't see any incoming attacks. Unless you cheat with 3p. Remove 3p.