Mordhau

I want Footstep SOUNDS in this game ffs!

40 124
  • 12 Apr
 KingOfSow

FOOTSTEP SOUND U FAKIN NERDS!

Knight 365 624
  • 12 Apr
 Snake Skin

They are there they just so low volume they get absolutely muffled when coupled with any other noise.

Knight 3244 6630
  • 12 Apr
 Bodkin

They also only change based on leg armour instead of overall armor weight.

Not good.

340 303
  • 12 Apr
 Peacerer

I want bears. We have bear traps available, but i don't see any bears. 0_o

Knight 98 258
  • 12 Apr
 GAYFISH

@Peacerer said:

Imagine if there were bears that could maul you patrolling Grad during the BR mode, that'd be hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Knight 595 914
  • 12 Apr
 VampireDuck

@Peacerer said:

I horde mode there could be a small chance of a bear spawning and killing everyone that it sees.

Knight 5030 6692

But then the game draws attention from animal right activists that claim that Mordhau encourages killing random wildlife trying to protect their territory or something.

Knight 2117 3831
  • 13 Apr
 Runagate

Also the sound system seems very buggy, where sometimes a horse galloping full-speed 5 meters away from you emits literally no sound at all and only starts doing so once it is far away from you. The worst thing is getting stealth lanced from behind.

Knight 3244 6630
  • 13 Apr
 Bodkin

Tbh if there is anything I would critique mordhau on, it would be the sound design for sure

Knight 48 163
  • 14 Apr
 owen

buy footstep dlc

Knight 712 3041
  • 15 Apr
 Mittsies

Speaking of sound design, the voices could definitely use more variety.

Raider is objectively the best voice: it stands out really well, especially because of the accent. Foppish and Young are also decent for 'weakling/archer/rat/goofy' type characters. There's also Barbarian, which is "so bad it's funny" tier.

Then we have... Commoner, Cruel, Eager, Knight, and Plain which are rather forgettable. I don't dislike these voices, but they are very generic. Generic voices are fine, especially for a game without classes and a very broad character customization, but there should be more unique-sounding voices like Raider.

Originally I imagined Mordhau having a wide variety of accents like german, italian, french, and so on - so it's a bit disappointing to hear a bunch of plain-sounding English voices and then like 1 scottish guy thrown in there.

162 124

german, italian, and french accents would be a really good addition

Knight 5030 6692

maybe spanish ones too? or is that too third worldish for your tastes?

Knight 2117 3831
  • 16 Apr
 Runagate

@yep said:
german, italian, and french accents would be a really good addition

This is an awesome idea. They all could also contain some sayings and profanities from those languages. I want my baguette knight to shout merd

Duke 5451 12800
  • 16 Apr
 Jax — Community Manager

Don't quote me on this, but I believe footstep issues were a bug that has been/is in the process of being fixed.
I'm not entirely sure though, it's really hard to keep up with every single change but I can look into it for you guys :)

Conscript 585 1331
  • 16 Apr
 ohshitsorry

@Jax said:
Don't quote me on this, but I believe footstep issues were a bug that has been/is in the process of being fixed.
I'm not entirely sure though, it's really hard to keep up with every single change but I can look into it for you guys :)

Knight 712 3041
  • 16 Apr
 Mittsies

@Jax said:
it's really hard to keep up with every single change

if only there were some kind of notes that explained the changes made in each patch................. hmmmmmm..........

960 978

Where Patchie's diary?

2360 4786
  • 16 Apr
 Maci

@Mittsies said:

@Jax said:
it's really hard to keep up with every single change

if only there were some kind of notes that explained the changes made in each patch................. hmmmmmm..........

hmm yes some patchnotes for the last 2 patches would indeed be nice