Mordhau

Archers have always been part of the medieval atmosphere (suggestion)

5 2
  • 11 Apr
 Lusoctane

I have a suggestion that can help balance the melee guys against archers.
This system could help melee players have enough time to defend themselves against arrows, so my suggestion would be to show a signal on top of the archers as soon as the arrow was coming out of the bow, so players could at least predict a few shots, and could block the arrows in a short time.
So, the players would have an opportunity to defend themselves based on their momentary skill instead of taking unfair shots.
I do not think the proposal to limit or remove archers is correct, there are other ways to combat this, there has to be a way to satisfy all styles in order to give freedom to choose what we want.

Knight 99 263
  • 11 Apr
 GAYFISH

@Lusoctane said:
I have a suggestion that can help balance the melee guys against archers.
This system could help melee players have enough time to defend themselves against arrows, so my suggestion would be to show a signal on top of the archers as soon as the arrow was coming out of the bow, so players could at least predict a few shots, and could block the arrows in a short time.
So, the players would have an opportunity to defend themselves based on their momentary skill instead of taking unfair shots.
I do not think the proposal to limit or remove archers is correct, there are other ways to combat this, there has to be a way to satisfy all styles in order to give freedom to choose what we want.

I've heard people mention having the arrowhead shimmer or have a glint right before shooting.
You'd probably have to limit the visibility of the shimmer to close ranges to not gimp archers though.
Idk if this would be helpful or not but it's an interesting idea and a lot less intrusive and immersion breaking than giant floating HUD.

3234 4260
  • 12 Apr
 Havoc

what the fuck is wrong with you people?

1403 1467

I want a symbol above the player which indicates when to parry. Just like in the Arkham games. Obviously 1st person perspective should get no such thing, because that would be unrealistic.

114 195

Might aswell give a spreadsheet that flashes infront of you that explains to you exactly what and how you need to do to parry melee attacks. Put a flashing 100m red circle under horses aswell so you can adequately prepare against anyone that dares to get on a horse.

Knight 99 263
  • 12 Apr
 GAYFISH

@Havoc said:
what the fuck is wrong with you people?

Obviously this isn't going to happen for good reasons, but why do you guys have to shit on someone who obviously hasn't played the game?
He's just offering suggestions, even if they're not feasible.

Knight 99 263
  • 12 Apr
 GAYFISH

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
Might aswell give a spreadsheet that flashes infront of you that explains to you exactly what and how you need to do to parry melee attacks. Put a flashing 100m red circle under horses aswell so you can adequately prepare against anyone that dares to get on a horse.

You guys are clearly misrepresenting what this guy said to make it sound dumb and to stroke your own egos. He never once mentioned HUD affecting melee.
Do I think what he said should be added? Probably not.
But if all you're going to do is shit on someone instead of discussing what they said you're just an asshole, especially considering that this guy hasn't even played the game.

114 195

@GAYFISH said:

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:

You guys are clearly misrepresenting what this guy said to make it sound dumb and to stroke your own egos. He never once mentioned HUD affecting melee.
Do I think what he said should be added? Probably not.
But if all you're going to do is shit on someone instead of discussing what they said you're just an asshole, especially considering that this guy hasn't even played the game.

I represented how dumb his argument sounded by applying the same principle to other areas of the game - I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious. Besides, I haven't played the game either, yet I can tell that totally gimping the archers before the game even comes out wouldn't be a good idea.

197 390

if you watch the archers elbow as they release an arrow, its a good enough indicator of when to parry the arrow. with crossbows theres not much indication, but they arent particularly deadly anyway compared to a longbow.