Mordhau

Why cant I ALT mode certain weapons?

Knight 365 628
  • 10 Apr
 Snake Skin

Weapons such as:
The Training sword
Waraxe
Executioners sword
Broken rusted sword (barring broken longsword)
Sickle (1hand scythe)
Other peasant weapons not worth mentioning

None of these possess an alt mode.
The training sword makes more sense as it's look, size and speed is comparable to that of a longsword and so it's only natural it gets mordhau grip as the alt.
Since the devs took the liberty of granting the maul a throw as an alt I dont see why the same cant be done about executioner and waraxe.
Sickle and 1hand brokwn swords should be thrown.
Peasant weapons should have shortened grip if any alt at all.

301 875
  • 11 Apr
 Naleaus

@Snake Skin said:
Weapons such as:
The Training sword
Waraxe
Executioners sword
Broken rusted sword (barring broken longsword)
Sickle (1hand scythe)
Other peasant weapons not worth mentioning

None of these possess an alt mode.
The training sword makes more sense as it's look, size and speed is comparable to that of a longsword and so it's only natural it gets mordhau grip as the alt.
Since the devs took the liberty of granting the maul a throw as an alt I dont see why the same cant be done about executioner and waraxe.
Sickle and 1hand brokwn swords should be thrown.
Peasant weapons should have shortened grip if any alt at all.

Waraxe will have a throw, it's getting a 2handed throw animation. Maul will switch to that as well. Exec might get something else, possibly a big ol vertical strike. Nothing set in stone.

Don't know about the rest.

114 191

Sickle needs an alt mode where it seizes the means of production

Knight 34 103

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
Sickle needs an alt mode where it seizes the means of production

Only works when combining with the Blacksmith Hammer.

193 385

Exec might get something else, possibly a big ol vertical strike. Nothing set in stone.

that sounds fucking brutal

Knight 460 890
  • 12 Apr
 wierHL

What if Exec has like an overly dramatic overhead as an alt with like a huge windup animation and it instakills ragdolled/downed people? It would be a more powerful but slower strike against standing people. It wouldn't be very useful as most ragdolled players are as good as dead anyway and you're probably better off stabbing/kicking/striking them. Make it always dismember/behead on kill for extra dramatic effect.

Knight 2229 4004
  • 2
  • 13 Apr
 Runagate

@ĶأĻăHarbinger said:

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
Sickle needs an alt mode where it seizes the means of production

Only works when combining with the Blacksmith Hammer.

Hammer and sickle dual wield when?

You gain a damage boost from wearing red and yellow and if you have teammates with the same setup around you each person doubles the damage of the group.

@wierHL said:
What if Exec has like an overly dramatic overhead as an alt with like a huge windup animation and it instakills ragdolled/downed people? It would be a more powerful but slower strike against standing people. It wouldn't be very useful as most ragdolled players are as good as dead anyway and you're probably better off stabbing/kicking/striking them. Make it always dismember/behead on kill for extra dramatic effect.

It should split the enemy in half vertically. Also doriyah

1059 1697

Vertical exec strike decapitates horses

Conscript 4546 6277
  • 13 Apr
 vanguard

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
Sickle needs an alt mode where it seizes the means of production

Devs pls hire this man