Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Is this really going to be the final state of combat?

Duke 5558 13284
  • 11 Apr '19
 Jax — Community Manager

Additional shield changes coming next build.

111 131
  • 11 Apr '19
 Bang

You could test a 600ms flat attack lockout instead of band-aid 1vX solutions. That "clunky" feeling is just bullshit - no one ever said chivalry felt clunky because of attack lockout, and how would you know anyways since we actually never testing it? The only thing I can foresee bringing Mordhau up to par with competitive chivalry teammodes is mod support atm since the devs won't actually test anything.

Knight 697 1611
  • 11 Apr '19
 das

bye bye counterchamber

So chambers are to blame for bad 1vX

Probably.

Knight 5410 7408
  • 11 Apr '19
 Humble Staff

@Jax said:

And are patch notes coming along next build too?

1430 2175

@Jax said:

Can you go into specifics please lol so I can argue for or against them in advance?

Duke 5558 13284
  • 12 Apr '19
 Jax — Community Manager

@Lionheart Chevalier said:

@Jax said:

Can you go into specifics please lol so I can argue for or against them in advance?

https://mordhau.com/forum/comment/186742/find/

988 6974
  • 12 Apr '19
 marox — Project Lead

Also, I like teamfights at the moment compared to when we had HA. Still wish we got to test AP again though.

We're reintroducing a short period of AP on parries and chambers, but mostly as a consistency thing since it helps blocking that attack that's just about to hit you when you press riposte. Similar to the reason we extend parry into flinch a little bit.

However, I don't think mechanic changes will stop after release. Balancing obviously will continue too. Maybe we can get a opt in test build after release.

We'll be using this to test changes post-release, right now it's just not feasible, because everyone would go onto that branch because it has players, then complain when it's completely broken.

Baron 134 315
  • 12 Apr '19
 2cool2care

@Shovonem said:
Might be irrelevant for the topic but having some kind of spacial 1 v X mechanic that is based on chamber would be nice. Since chamber is the hardest mechanic to pull off if you think about the basic offensive moves like feinting, morphing. It's not THAT hard but still riposte got buffed with hyper armor and stuff. Riposte is easier pull off. Not to mention chambering can counter missing by X which is quite cheesy. Chamber can lead to more powerful offensive mix up as well. More skill based moves should be more rewarding imo.

I agree. Apparently the fact that you can feint or morph your chamber is enough to make it on par with parrying, at least that's what i've been told by a dev.

I don't understand this logic as a chamber feint or morph in a 1vX puts you at risks of losing stamina and initiative for free (chamber feint) or being flinched by the incoming spam while executing a morph, or losing big stamina by being forced to turn it into a parry. Of course they are scenarios where you actually trick and hit them but a riposte could do the job too with fewer risks and free attack type and angle.

So not convinced that chambering is on par with parrying rn. I'd prefer it to be harder to perform but more rewarding.

But i guess there is a reason why it's like that so if someone enlightened can explain me i'll listen carefully.

Edit : nevermind, i just read marox post.

Knight 58 78
  • 12 Apr '19
 男の娘

i hope the reintroducing of AP wont block attacks from behind

Knight 519 999
  • 12 Apr '19
 wierHL

@男の娘 said:

Logically the AP "zone" should be similar to the parrybox right?

988 6974
  • 12 Apr '19
 marox — Project Lead

@wierHL said:

@男の娘 said:

Logically the AP "zone" should be similar to the parrybox right?

Yes, identical zone.

9 24
  • 12 Apr '19
 Meph

@marox said:

Similar to the reason we extend parry into flinch a little bit.

What does this means? The ammount of time you get "locked" after being parried?

Knight 51 111

The ripost will act like a double parry if I understand correctly.
Which is great, nice buff for the 1vX without being totally broken. I'm looking forward to test it :)

201 403
  • 12 Apr '19
 serbish

will chamber have more AP than parry or will they be the same

252 866
  • 12 Apr '19
 Cswic

@Meph said:

@marox said:

Similar to the reason we extend parry into flinch a little bit.

What does this means? The ammount of time you get "locked" after being parried?

He means that if you're parrying and get flinched, you still parry for a tiny window after being flinched.

E.g. You are the 1 in a 1vX. Player A is behind you. Player B is in front of you. You go to parry player A attack. Your parry is now up. Player B attacks from behind and his strike flinches you before Player A's attack lands. At this point you are flinched. Player A's attack lands like 25ms later on your front and is still parried because the parry is extended into flinch a little bit.

That is my understanding of it anyway.

1430 2175

^ By far the most frustrating scenario when dealing with 1vX is when your parry/block is flinched.

Glad to hear something will be done about it, just hope the minor AP boost comes out just right.

Baron 1647 5234
  • 13 Apr '19
 Lincs

@Frise said:
Is this really what ya'll wanted Mordhau to be? Since you're saying that combat isn't a priority and you just wanna get Frontline out.

the final state of combat is going to be the one where i pee into your butt

Knight 5410 7408
  • 13 Apr '19
 Humble Staff

But then i intercept your pee stream with mine, shielding Frise's rear from your unholy effluent.

Knight 2307 4188
  • 13 Apr '19
 Runagate

tbh that is just gay

988 6974
  • 13 Apr '19
 marox — Project Lead

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
^ By far the most frustrating scenario when dealing with 1vX is when your parry/block is flinched.

Glad to hear something will be done about it,

The game already has parry in flinch for at least the last 2 stress tests (I think), it was just 100ms (or maybe 75ms) and now it'll be extended to 150ms