Mordhau

Frontline Stress Test / Beta Build #2

985 6954
 marox — Project Lead

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
I can't test it as we no longer have access to Frontline, but from what I found, CPU seemed to be the primary constraint. The issue I was having during the stress test was, at best, a usage of ~60% of my GPU during the large battles. Yet, when in spawn, my GPU usage would shoot up to ~90% and I'd get drastically better FPS.

Again, I'd like to test it, but I did overclock my GPU from 4.2Ghz to 4.8Ghz and I'd like to see if that helps with performance. Here are my specs:

i7 - 6700K
1080ti

In-Game Settings: Medium-ish (turned everything CPU dependent to low)
Average FPS: 60 - 70 in Battles, 120+ without players in view

The most CPU dependent options would be Character Quality, Cloth, Ragdoll Quality, ragdoll count. The most misleading setting we see is Character Quality as people (rightfully so because of the awkward name) immediately assume it is graphics related, but in fact it controls animation/movement quality optimizations. I'd try to keep that as low as you can without getting janky looking animations, Very Low or Low ideally.

But the ideal way to get data is to use "stat unit" in console and with that it's possible to pinpoint exactly where the issue lies (CPU Game, CPU Draw, GPU), although it takes some knowledge of how those 3 are correlated to understand where the bottleneck is. The Draw thread can bottleneck on the CPU but can be lowered by e.g. disabling shadows, which might not be obvious at first glance (since shadows are primarily a GPU thing).

Knight 1382 3152

Just optimize the game 4head

1 0
  • 14 Apr
 HardiCat

I salute you my lords. I risk myself in this holy forum.
I am looking for this promised holy land since immemorial times.
I reached some feats for our fellows Agathians and Massons
That's why on this holy day of his holiness, I ask for a key to attend the beta.
I rent my services to the highest bidder.

A simple knight wandering.

Count 237 267

@Ruby Rhoderick said:
I can't test it as we no longer have access to Frontline, but from what I found, CPU seemed to be the primary constraint. The issue I was having during the stress test was, at best, a usage of ~60% of my GPU during the large battles. Yet, when in spawn, my GPU usage would shoot up to ~90% and I'd get drastically better FPS.

Again, I'd like to test it, but I did overclock my GPU from 4.2Ghz to 4.8Ghz and I'd like to see if that helps with performance. Here are my specs:

i7 - 6700K
1080ti

In-Game Settings: Medium-ish (turned everything CPU dependent to low)
Average FPS: 60 - 70 in Battles, 120+ without players in view

What I found out GPU wise is that for peak performance in Chivalry, I had to overclock the GPU. For Mordhau, I found that it doesn't like the GPU being over clocked (using EVGA PrecisionX) and the GPU driver would crash, but it does love the default Boost clock of 1392mhz and Memory clock of 3505mhz/. I also use an aggressive fan profile I am getting 120+ Fps and rarely drops below 90 during heavy fighting.
Here are my in game settings, everything is on Ultra minus a few things. VSync, Motion blur, Ambient Occlusion, Lens Flares are all off

In the Nvidia control panel I have the following
Ambient Occlusion = Off
Ansiotropic Filtering = Application controlled
Anti aliasing - FXAA =ON
Anti aliasing - Gamma correction = ON
Anti aliasing - Mode = Enhance the application setting
Anti aliasing - Setting = 8x
Anti aliasing - Transparency = 8x (supersample)
Cuda-GPUs = All
DSR - Factors = OFF
DSR - Smoothness = Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames = Use the 3D application setting or 1
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) = Off this is important!*
OpenGL rendering GPU = Auto- select
Power management mode = Preferred Maximum performance
this is important!*
Preferred refresh rate = Highest available
Shader Cache = On
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization = ON
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias = Clamp
Texture Filtering - Quality = Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization = On
Threaded optimization = Auto
Triple Buffering = Off
Vertical sync = Off
Vritual Reality pre-rendered frames = 1

20190415160932_1.jpg

1 0
  • 17 Apr
 ozzyJS

I really want to test this game. looks cool idea.

Knight 5 1
  • 17 Apr
 .GoetZ
  • Archery is way too easy
  • Firebombs and Traps are abused almost the whole time, it really destroys the fun for me and others
  • The Animations are almost unreadable and not intuitive
  • No Lore @ all in this game, it feels soulless (Chiv was way better there)
  • Shields are annoying! Man what a boring system and so easy compared to 2h weapons
  • Why you add shitty Battle Royal, instead of Team Objective?!
  • Why is there no 3vs3 5vs5 1vs1 10vs10 Matchmaking?
  • In this so called Melee Game, you will die nearly 80% of times to range and area attacks (Archery, Firebombs, thrown weapons, ballistas and so on). It is way too much range for a "melee" slasher. Just frustrating.
  • Good Feedback on heavy hits
  • Nice Graphics
  • Nice Character Editor

Guys... That traps, firebombs and archery destroys the fun of a melee game. Archery would be ok, but it is way too easy to hit, in this game.

Remove that shit, add some lore and work on the animations and this game will be successful.

Knight 49 107
985 6954
  • 18 Apr
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been closed.