Mordhau

Closed Beta tournament

Count 1458 937

Alright guys, I've been slacking a bit for events, so I'm going to do my best to host a decent one to finish off the closed beta/alpha prior to release. I want to give a chance for all who supported through the Kickstarter and the Mordhau store. I love you all.

With that said I am pleased to announce this mini tournament as the beginning of what is to come.
Currently shooting for weekend of the 13th-14th. NA and EU.

Saturday 13th Region 1 6 PM UK Time/8 PM Moscow Time

Hoping to get at least 16 players per region. (there will not be EU vs NA)
If we get more than 32 player in a region, depending on how many streamers I can gather I may have to change the elimination matches to FFA 8 players until we get to the top 16 players. (Cross your fingers for volunteers)

Rules: Working on a rule set, will edit and post when finished.
Map: Contraband
1v1 Duels
1st place prize = Mordhau copy for a friend upon release and Regional Champion(EU/NA).

This will grant you (unofficial) title EU or NA Beta Champion. And a free copy of Mordhau upon release.
Make sure when you sign up you pick YOUR region. No double signs ups please. Just Comment in an empty slot your name.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FhBW5gm47BENhrbWIfwiB_StZ1gsa9fF5y0pRLiPwl4/edit?usp=sharing

(Keep in mind, details are subject to change and will be updated. We want to give you the best experience.)
Feel free to give any feedback/suggestions. Please sign up only yourself.

*UPATED 4/4/2019

Alright quick update, due to lack of NA players, NA will be post poned to another weekend, so still sign up (likely last weekend of April) Beta backers only. I do plan on doing more tournaments once I get some more help. Out of pocket costs :(

Also, VQ has offered to Host NA tournament.

I just need to borrow 1 EU server for the 14th of April, and I should be good to go. Hadeus will be my ref. Nikosawa is a maybe for streamer. Let me know if you are interested in streaming or being a ref.
Now for time 10 AM PST (West NA) or 6 PM GMT+1 (UK-time) Until end. If we get 16 players or less, might extend 1v1 matches. Will have times of duels as of Sunday April 7th(locking down EU tournament so sign up before then)

Current Weapons to be exlcuded: 1 throwable dagger/axe permitted. No Firebombs or bows.
No Messer, Halberd, Cleaver, or Evening star.

**UPDATED 4/5/2019
Doing a quick poll for the tournament. Please take a vote, obviously I want this tournament to be for the players by the players. So let me know your opnions. If we get a 50% tie, likely I will leave it out for this tournament iteration.

**UPDATED 4/6/2019
Shields are out of the tournament per majority vote! First to 5 kills will determine the winner of 1v1. Sunday last chance to register EU tourney. RU/CIS players will be allowed to compete in the EU tournament, though I do not own/rent any server, VK has offered to lend us their server, with Adventurer ring as admin/ref. Going to do one last poll on which weapon you want back in. Messer, Halberd or Cleaver.
Time tournament begins. 10 AM Los Angeles Time/6 PM UK time/8 PM Moscow time

**UPDATED 4/7/2019
Roster is now locked for EU. 26 players https://challonge.com/MordhauEUBETA
NA roster you can still sign up.

I hate having to ban anything intended for ingame use. And as such I used the polls to get player feed back what you want.
So Halberd, Cleaver and Messer are back in. Just the Evening star will be the only weapon banned for this tournament. Next tournament we shall see it back in. I'm confident it will be a ready then.
The latest issue EU players have brought to me. Are abilities can be unbalanced, rather than decide for you guys for the beta tournament, I want your vote. Perk ban or allow, please vote. Healing is allowed between fights to speed up the matches. Cannot heal during match, Unless Ref exempts it for a foul hit. Multiple matches are planned to be ongoing simultaneously.

*UPDATED 4/13
As of today my I have passed off admin to Oskoff. The tournament is still underway, my pc has a faulty PSU as of Wednesday, been hoping to repair it in time for the tournament, but that wasn’t possible. So in the event that I couldn’t Oskoff has taken charge. Thanks Oskoff!

Good luck everyone! I’ll still be watching and taking questions.

perks/abilities ban
Votes: 9
What weapon should be unbanned?
Votes: 17
Should other weapons be banned that may have been left out?
Votes: 13

Shields in or out?
Votes: 24
Unban any of the melee weapons?
Votes: 21
Best of 7 or First to 5?
Votes: 22
Add RU/CIS?
Votes: 19
Knight 14 90
  • 29 Mar
 Wit

By the way guys, just a warning, but if a player named Jimmy enters, you should just give up. He's top 5 and he means business.

Mercenary 218 541
Baron 718 1290
  • 29 Mar
 NewYariMeta

hello op 😊 judging by the thread, you are new to mordhau. t'is an awesome thing to see! just a few things: 1) i'm jimmy 2) i'm top 5. i'm not like the average competitive gamer, if anything, i'll be the one at the bottom of the scoreboard 😊

Count 1458 937

@NewYariMeta said:
hello op 😊 judging by the thread, you are new to mordhau. t'is an awesome thing to see! just a few things: 1) i'm jimmy 2) i'm top 5. i'm not like the average competitive gamer, if anything, i'll be the one at the bottom of the scoreboard 😊

Good meme. I got a better one.

i am actually fucking shaking, do not speak to me for the rest of the day or i WILL enter cardiac arrest, consequently shidding and cameing my pantalones

Knight 25 47
  • 30 Mar
 SerJimmy

FEAR ME xd

Count 1458 937

Alright quick update, due to lack of NA players, NA will be post poned to another weekend, so still sign up (likely last weekend of April) Beta backers only. I do plan on doing more tournaments once I get some more help. Out of pocket costs :(

I just need to borrow 1 EU server for the 14th of April, and I should be good to go. Hadeus will be my ref. Nikosawa is a maybe for streamer. Let me know if you are interested in streaming or being a ref.
Now for time 10 AM PST (West NA) or 6 PM GMT+1 (UK-time) Until end. If we get 16 players or less, might extend 1v1 matches. Will have times of duels as of Sunday April 7th(locking down EU tournament so sign up before then)

Current Weapons to be exlcuded: 1 throwable dagger/axe permitted. No Firebombs or bows.

Duchess 758 3273
  • 4 Apr
 Stouty

If Niko doesn't want to I don't mind streaming/casting the fights I'm not involved in

Niko would be best though

Knight 695 2884
  • 4 Apr
 Mittsies

@Lord Commander Guts said:
Alright quick update, due to lack of NA players

burgers on suicide watch

Count 331 1391
  • 5 Apr
 RingMaster

From Ring Master to Ref Master

2354 4750
  • 5 Apr
 Maci

no throwables nice and good, but why exclude melee weapons tbh

Duchess 758 3273
  • 5 Apr
 Stouty

shield should be excluded if you want the tournament to be interesting

4 2
  • 5 Apr
 Morow

"No Messer, Halberd, Cleaver" Why? Ban new perk which is called second wind pls its op with shield. New war axe and executioner are kinda silly too

320 280
  • 5 Apr
 Peacerer

@Stouty said:
2h elitists should be excluded if you want the tournament to be interesting

I fully agree.

Count 1458 937

@Maci said:

no throwables nice and good, but why exclude melee weapons tbh

I'm excluding the unbalanced weapons. If folks agree to banning shields as well, I can take it out for this tournament until future patches balance. I want to include those melee weapons in the future.

Count 1458 937

Doing a quick poll for the tournament. Please take a vote, obviously I want this tournament to be for the players by the players. So let me know your opinions. If we get a 50% tie, likely I will leave it out for this tournament iteration.

Edit added polls to original post^ at top.

Duchess 6836 9763
  • 5 Apr
 Sir Zombie

Shield in or out
Yes or no

Hmmmm

2354 4750
 Maci

I can't edit the spreadsheet friend
pls add me or something
EU

Count 1458 937

Please vote on the new polls. And we are at 22 players for EU, so sign up by tomorrow before it locks.

4 2
  • 6 Apr
 Morow

Are we able to change presets during the tournament or we must pick one and use it for all tournament battles?