Mordhau

Please don't make shields a casual thing

Conscript 685 1504
Knight 1269 3804
  • 7 Apr
 Frise

Triternion has literally done the same thing Tornbanner did to attempt to balance shields. Literally tornbanner-tier development.

1094 1726

No stun kick, less/no lower delay and shield staying up when hit would be enough to make shields balanced. Not perfect but good enough for release. If stun kick stays it only hurts noobs who try to use shield to start off or the noobs who try to kick a shield and fail.

Shield staying up when hit and no/less lower delay is what's most important though, to make it feel less clunky and more reactive in 1vX.

367 341
  • 7 Apr
 Peacerer

@Frise said:
Triternion has literally done the same thing Tornbanner did to attempt to balance shields. Literally tornbanner-tier development.

Well, Mordhau has literally the same Chivalry veterans whining to remove everything THEY dont like. Literally tornbanner-tier 2h elitists.

529 278

@Peacerer said:

@Frise said:

Well, Mordhau has literally the same Chivalry veterans whining to remove everything THEY dont like. Literally tornbanner-tier 2h elitists.

CMW players cannot be trusted.

Knight 513 1043

shield rebalances gave me the peepee fetish

1094 1726

Also, where are the leg hits? I find myself aiming my block high as if it were Chivalry and I'm not getting punished for this brainless defensive tactic that effectively makes me immune to head shots without worry for leg hits.

Leg hits should definitely be a thing and require an intentional dipping of the shield, nothing crazy but looking down a bit should be how leg hits be blocked. Even when leg hits were real big, T3 legs didnt cost much speed value and were like 3-4 htk generally. Even T0 is often 2 htk.

Also can we get rid of lower delay already?

Knight 235 1070
  • 10 Apr
 Corsario

@Mittsies said:
fa01250b1e713ef3445f2ba097cd01232b3956b3_full.jpg

Give Mittsies and his medieval flute a voice-over job in this game...

8 15
  • 10 Apr
 bryce8065

I know that this has probably been conceived before, but would there be any issue in making small shields a more stamina-efficient parry tool and a better hitbox for parrying projectiles (maybe even letting the shield passively block them too?), and then leaving bigger shields as a hold-block tool for support and projectile defense? I feel like small shields would then be an excellent way to give 1h a more defensive focus over 2h in duels while being balanced and also leaving big shields as a useful support tool for Frontline and other large fights.

Specifically though, I feel like the simpler the solution here, the better, if we are trying to keep shields from altering the fundamental gameplay

100 52
  • 6 Jun
 Minion

i doubt the devs are going to do anything that would disrupt 2H weapons, outside of a few things the game for all intensive purposes is chiv, its most vocal supports are chiv players.

7 3

Maybe try just to make to so holding your shield causes a heavy stamina drain. So yeah you don't have to time your parry but this costs you mores stamina so if you try to turtle you'll soon be disarmed. This rewards shield players who still try to parry as if they had a normal weapon but pushes to to play more aggressive.

7 3

why can't I delete my double post qq

18 21
  • 6 Jun
 Breidr

@Minion said:
i doubt the devs are going to do anything that would disrupt 2H weapons, outside of a few things the game for all intensive purposes is chiv, its most vocal supports are chiv players.

Yeah, it's obvious even to someone who new to this game. Archery and shields were fine in games like M&B, but here they are the devil and must be nerfed into oblivion. I don't even play with ranged weapons and I'm pissed at how they work. As a long time sword/shield player in cRPG I was very disappointed in how they worked in this game.

I am not expecting a 1 to 1 conversion here, but it didn't take me long to realize I'm better off just grabbing a 2 hander. I can run 3/3/3 and still get a 7 point weapon. Archery damage is negligible and I can also hide and regen health. There would have to be a huge change to get me to give up the range/damage on my 2 hander to get me to use a shield.

Not holding my breath. Game doesn't look like it's changing anything at all. We are getting one new map and competitive dueling. Later I heard we are getting 5v5s, but in terms of pub play this game is going to be dead I feel.

I play games for fun, not to top leaderboards. Wish I knew sooner I was not the target audience. Feels like Mechwarrior Online when they tried to push E-Sports and all of us Faction Players were left in the cold.