Mordhau

Instas are back

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

update: crush came on with me and tested it, seemed pretty much fine on officials although there may be some server packetloss flashing in at times, they're looking into it

Did crush remove the accel compensation again for some cheeky banter wtf

Here is what the instas looked before the accel compensation

Knight 58 78
  • 20 Mar '19
 男の娘

i dont recall getting instahit at all over the weekend, but since today it seems like theyre back

Baron 1551 2087
  • 20 Mar '19
 yourcrippledson

It's good that you experimented with a wide variety of weapons for this video.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

shh people are actually trying to help improve the game

Knight 34 103
  • 20 Mar '19
 ĶأĻăHarbinger

Disgusting

Knight 941 2568
  • 20 Mar '19
 Pred

What was your ping? I usually can tell when fighting someone who has 20-32 ping because parrying ripostes and accels from fast weapons suddenly gets 5 times harder and yours is usually pretty low.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

My ping was 32

It shouldn't change the fact that my accels are still way too fast, even from my own perspective

Conscript 76 108
  • 20 Mar '19
 KineticWolf

Is this a bad thing? I don't play, just watch videos so far, but nothing in this video looks impossible to counter. I rather like how fast accels can be here, but then it may feel different while actually playing?

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

It's bad because if you try and read/react to a strike you need some attack release time otherwise you can't distinguish it between a feint (or even a drag) and you are guessing when to parry

Baron 2358 3392
  • 20 Mar '19
 Xekratos

My friend got really salty when I instahit headshot him with the executioners sword. Ez clappp

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 21 Mar '19
 vanguard

Looks like normal accels from your point of view. Can't you ask for someone to do them on you and you record it, so its possible to see what you have to react to?

Duchess 806 3550
  • 21 Mar '19
 Stouty

you can tell they're too fast pretty easily, one big clue is they hit with grunt

I'll get more footage though don't worry

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 21 Mar '19
 vanguard

Oh I watched without sound before, ur right man.

More footage is always welcome!

Knight 513 1046
  • 21 Mar '19
 FaffyШaffy

I dealt and received many insta-hits in duels after the horde mode. Not that the combat hasn't improved, but I don't know how they fucked the instas up and we'll never know because they're too lazy to write a changelog.

95 102
  • 21 Mar '19
 TheShade

You hit lots of accels on me and never see many people them that well. I don't blame the game for it, I could have parried them if I just got used to them and positioned myself better but you're accels are the best ones I've seen compared to anyone elses. This is nothing compared to reverses in Chivalry anyways and removing it would just remove more freedom from the game. Accels are fine imo.

Conscript 76 108
  • 21 Mar '19
 KineticWolf

I can't comment fairly without having played it, just going by the video, it doesn't seem unfair. I'd say reverses in chiv are much worse.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 21 Mar '19
 Stouty

@TheShade said:
You hit lots of accels on me and never see many people them that well. I don't blame the game for it, I could have parried them if I just got used to them and positioned myself better but you're accels are the best ones I've seen compared to anyone elses. This is nothing compared to reverses in Chivalry anyways and removing it would just remove more freedom from the game. Accels are fine imo.

It's good to have self-awareness of your own skill level but you've gone too far the other way now and assumed that after playing enough you'll be able to react to a 0.01 second window, which doesn't logically follow. Go watch a chivalry reverse and time the moment the weapon enters release until the hit lands, you'll find it's pretty much identical to these accels in Mordhau.

Instas remove freedom from the game, they're an equaliser that gives any intermediate player who can look down hard enough the ability to beat any player in the game

Knight 1269 3811
  • 21 Mar '19
 Frise

2 years into alpha and we have the same issue.

95 102
  • 21 Mar '19
 TheShade

@Stouty said:

@TheShade said:

It's good to have self-awareness of your own skill level but you've gone too far the other way now and assumed that after playing enough you'll be able to react to a 0.01 second window, which doesn't logically follow. Go watch a chivalry reverse and time the moment the weapon enters release until the hit lands, you'll find it's pretty much identical to these accels in Mordhau.

Instas remove freedom from the game, they're an equaliser that gives any intermediate player who can look down hard enough the ability to beat any player in the game

I do consider myself pretty good but I do not believe there is a problem. It's not 0.01 second window. You can parry it and read the feint window since there is time between the windup from were you can not feint anymore and release. Your muscle memory will get used to it, but when you're not used to consistently parrying accels like your own, it takes a while getting used to. Almost everyone in you video are not really considered pros, except maybe rise. You can also see their pad positioning and footwork to your weapon like at 0:10 mark in the vidoe, which just makes it a lot harder to read drags and accels.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 21 Mar '19
 Frise

Is that the gameplay you want? Slightly looking down and doing nothing being incredibly hard to react to? You want offense to be braindead easy instead of requiring skill to execute hard to read attacks? You want any shitter with 200 hours to be able to do accels that a veteran with thousands of hours will have trouble reading?