Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Do you keep levels from Beta to the release?

Knight 331 456
  • 19 Mar '19
 TwistedFox

Hey just searched on google and on the forums but couldn't find an answer for this.

Think someone said it somewhere but could someone enlighten this somebody to the fact of the matter from with which that matter said to thine, somehow to for which levels are kept for when the game is released wilt the levels occupy my humble account for which when the game releases?

Mercenary 179 614
  • 19 Mar '19
 Stauxie

no

Knight 766 3329
Baron 17 44

As it is right now, you can get full t1, t2 and t3 armor very cheap (the ugliest stuff, but cheap) without any level restriction. Furthermore, pretty much all weapons cost between 300 and 500 gold, without any level restriction either.

So the further you go with your XP and Gold, the more you can do with it is purely cosmetic. People dont really have any combat advantages.

So why would you reset XP and Gold progression on release? When people invest a lot of time playing and testing your Beta, they shouldnt be punished for it by taking all their cosmetics away.

Count 352 361

@Đ٣ąҜєM.livevorOrt said:
As it is right now, you can get full t1, t2 and t3 armor very cheap (the ugliest stuff, but cheap) without any level restriction. Furthermore, pretty much all weapons cost between 300 and 500 gold, without any level restriction either.

So the further you go with your XP and Gold, the more you can do with it is purely cosmetic. People dont really have any combat advantages.

So why would you reset XP and Gold progression on release? When people invest a lot of time playing and testing your Beta, they shouldnt be punished for it by taking all their cosmetics away.

Because as backers we already have cosmetic toys or had access on alpha and beta to train. Which is decent enough.
Remember the game is not released yet and giving an edge not matter how insignificant to you is giving away a bad image to new players and potential buyers.

Baron 135 244
  • 1
  • 21 Mar '19
 EvilSuD

@✵ Legate Lanius ✵ said:

@Đ٣ąҜєM.livevorOrt said:
As it is right now, you can get full t1, t2 and t3 armor very cheap (the ugliest stuff, but cheap) without any level restriction. Furthermore, pretty much all weapons cost between 300 and 500 gold, without any level restriction either.

So the further you go with your XP and Gold, the more you can do with it is purely cosmetic. People dont really have any combat advantages.

So why would you reset XP and Gold progression on release? When people invest a lot of time playing and testing your Beta, they shouldnt be punished for it by taking all their cosmetics away.

Because as backers we already have cosmetic toys or had access on alpha and beta to train. Which is decent enough.
Remember the game is not released yet and giving an edge not matter how insignificant to you is giving away a bad image to new players and potential buyers.

Well there are so few of us tester that I dont think it would affect the players image towards the game at all.

70 117
  • 21 Mar '19
 conny

Really tho isnt it enough that backers have had years to get better at the game

Sellsword 19 70
  • 21 Mar '19
 Devilstro

@Đ٣ąҜєM.livevorOrt said:
As it is right now, you can get full t1, t2 and t3 armor very cheap (the ugliest stuff, but cheap) without any level restriction. Furthermore, pretty much all weapons cost between 300 and 500 gold, without any level restriction either.

So the further you go with your XP and Gold, the more you can do with it is purely cosmetic. People dont really have any combat advantages.

So why would you reset XP and Gold progression on release? When people invest a lot of time playing and testing your Beta, they shouldnt be punished for it by taking all their cosmetics away.

People invested a lot of time into Mordhau alpha (and beta) because they chose to aid in the development of the game, not to get ahead cosmetically and progressively. A lot of players like me play for fun 99/100 times and that 1/100 is a bug report, but nonetheless, the alpha and beta is there for feedback, not quickstarts.

Baron 17 44

@conny said:
Really tho isnt it enough that backers have had years to get better at the game

Everyone out there had the chance to back the game at Kickstarter as we did. If those guys had backed the game, they could have had their playtime aswell.

But thats not what this thread is about now is it?

@✵ Legate Lanius ✵ said:
Because as backers we already have cosmetic toys or had access on alpha and beta to train. Which is decent enough.
Remember the game is not released yet and giving an edge not matter how insignificant to you is giving away a bad image to new players and potential buyers.

Yeah dude, we got all that (at least those which have been released so far) because we backed the game at Kickstarter. We are the ones that gave devs the money to even get to this point.

And honestly when I think about getting a game or not, I dont check which special gifts early backers got. I dont think that is relevant in any way.

Knight 60 70
  • 1
  • 21 Mar '19
 Bear264

I think the idea is that on launch day, the whole slate is wiped clean for everyone, so it will be a more level playing field. When I played Frontline it was a breath of fresh air to see so much variation in mercenaries, even if it was because we couldn't afford our usual stuff.

Duke 5558 13284
  • 22 Mar '19
 Jax — Community Manager

We're looking at adjusting certain parts of the cosmetic progression, so it might get weird if you kept it.
We'll see what happens.

Knight 30 65
  • 22 Mar '19
 last_apoc

Is there any word on whether player stats will also reset?

Knight 60 70
  • 23 Mar '19
 Bear264

I understand why what we earn can't carryover to launch, but I would at least like to keep total gold count or at least have a gold bonus for participating in alpha and beta testing.

367 341
  • 23 Mar '19
 Peacerer

Who gives a damn about skins, fix shields and archery instead.

Knight 766 3329
  • 23 Mar '19
 Mittsies

@Peacerer said:
Who gives a damn about skins, fix shields and archery instead.

excuse me sir but this thread is for 2h elitists only. you'll have to wait outside.

Knight 2307 4188
  • 1
  • 23 Mar '19
 Runagate

@Peacerer said:
Who gives a damn about skins, fix shields and archery instead.

If you are not a massive troll, I cannot fathom why you don't just make a thread and share your idea for a shield and archery fix/revamp.

Ecxept if you don't even know yourself I guess

367 341
  • 24 Mar '19
 Peacerer

@Runagate said:

@Peacerer said:
Who gives a damn about skins, fix shields and archery instead.

If you are not a massive troll, I cannot fathom why you don't just make a thread and share your idea for a shield and archery fix/revamp.

Ecxept if you don't even know yourself I guess

You will get there, don't worry. If not sooner, then when you start earning your own money and value your free time which you obviously can't as a teenager.

Knight 2307 4188
  • 24 Mar '19
 Runagate

@Peacerer said:

@Runagate said:

@Peacerer said:
Who gives a damn about skins, fix shields and archery instead.

If you are not a massive troll, I cannot fathom why you don't just make a thread and share your idea for a shield and archery fix/revamp.

Ecxept if you don't even know yourself I guess

You will get there, don't worry. If not sooner, then when you start earning your own money and value your free time which you obviously can't as a teenager.

I'm not sure if I get your point here, care to elaborate? Do you mean that writing up a constructive suggestion post is a worse waste of your invaluable free time than just spamming "fix these things I don't like reeeee" everywhere?