Something is borked somewhere else.

https://streamable.com/yva35

Knight 1388 3163
  • 20 Mar '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@Pred said:
Something is borked somewhere else.

https://streamable.com/yva35

Your parry ended before contact was made.
That's what the fading shield icon in the middle of your screen is, your parry timing.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

I think predator was probably expecting the enemy weapon to be parried when it fully travelled through his weapon

Knight 941 2568
  • 20 Mar '19
 Pred

Here shield icon is not entirely faded yet (you can see the outline on the Poleaxe on his back), it only disappears when your parry starts to go down:

dddd.JPG

Knight 1388 3163
  • 20 Mar '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

@Pred said:
Here shield icon is not entirely faded yet (you can see the outline on the Poleaxe on his back), it only disappears when your parry starts to go down:

No

You're missing the entire way the shield icon works.

When you parry, the shield icon has an inner outline that expands to fill the shield, once it reaches the edges, your parry is done.
The shield fading out is cosmetic.

1430 2175

Not sure what the clip shows besides an early parry and then pause. What's supposedly wrong with the clip, and why are we even talking about shield icon? Is that the issue?

Knight 941 2568
  • 21 Mar '19
 Pred

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
Not sure what the clip shows besides an early parry and then pause. What's supposedly wrong with the clip, and why are we even talking about shield icon? Is that the issue?

It shows an attack going straight through parry, it's pretty obvious.

Knight 941 2568
  • 21 Mar '19
 Pred

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:

@Pred said:

No

You're missing the entire way the shield icon works.

When you parry, the shield icon has an inner outline that expands to fill the shield, once it reaches the edges, your parry is done.
The shield fading out is cosmetic.

Source on this?

Because shield fading entirely seems synchronized with parry starting to go down, which is what you'll usually see on slow mo when you got hit with a suspicious attack. Here it's an attack going through almost entirety of parry peak, then parry going down uninterrupted for a while, then attack finally landing around my waist.

I would guess that from opponents perpective he was dragging an OH along my side.