Mordhau

Horde is the most fun I've ever had in Mordhau

Duke 60 165
  • 18 Mar '19
 Lumi

It's almost perfect. Great job devs.

Couple things that make it unbalanced:

Bots with projectiles. There is a fuck load of them, they have perfect aim, and the projectiles do full damage, so one dude with throwing knives kills you in two hits.

Health on kills is nice but you can heal yourself to full very easily.

Duke 60 165
  • 18 Mar '19
 Lumi

Also those shield guys are impossible to 1v1, they block everything

Duke 60 165
  • 18 Mar '19
 Lumi

And I just spent 200 gold on the EPIC CHEST and got a 10 gold bear trap. FUCK.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 18 Mar '19
 Frise

I think it would be cool if there was some rare enemies with some tier 4 armour, so that you have a reason to get maul or other 1v1 heavy damage weapons

1430 2175

Imagine if shield was balanced... I'm not sure if the shield boys even have a stamina bar, I hear them panting but they don't lose their shield like ever. Otherwise you could mindlessly spam them just like in duels.

Anyways I agree with the OP, horde is a fuck ton of fun. However, the archers and projectiles do eat away at your health with ease. Arrows do minimal damage to T2+ but armor is very expensive and you kinda have a choice between an ok weapon with no armor or no weapon and T2 torso... I think T2 torso price should come down so scythes dont 1 shot us and arrows rape us. Otherwise everything is ideal.

ALSO archery is op against players but players with short bow are pretty op too. Not sure if this is an issue yet but shortbow is the preferred way to win the first few rounds.

Knight 1388 3163
  • 18 Mar '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

Shield boys aren't even that hard

Just rapidly keep stabbing them
they block them all
stam out
and you win

Duke 60 165
  • 18 Mar '19
 Lumi

Also kicks from idle if you die and your team takes a while. Not cool bro. And because it's matchmaking I can't just go back to the server...

Knight 1269 3811
  • 18 Mar '19
 Frise

Shield dudes can be easily cheesed with jump stabs, insiders or baiting attacks and hitting them in recovery.

You can do a neet trick where you slash through 2 or 3 dudes and hit a shield at the end of your swing for a super fast combo.

Also they're good to keep alive at the end to search for equipment since they're not aggresive; This shouldn't be allowed tho, it makes getting equipment way too easy. The mines are an interesting place because of the endgame weapons and the fact that it's a shitty place to fight in. Keeping a dude alive indefinitely ruins this dynamic.

301 875
  • 18 Mar '19
 Naleaus

We used spikes and funneled bots into them, then at the end took a shield dude for a walk while people fixed stuff and bought items. They're not hard to kill, you can force them into trying to attack out of range very easily then punish.

Random projectiles were the most difficult part till end rounds. More bot behavior variance would be nice.

Knight 697 1611
  • 18 Mar '19
 das

Horde has proven to me that Mordhau indeed has massive potential for PVE and even a PVE-only focused audience (which is actually sometimes quite serious in some games). In fact, I'm going to make a separate thread about it in Off-Topic with how inspired I am by it.

There's cheese available and I'm not 100% sure if the difficulty curve is granular and balanced enough among the waves for, say, a brand new group of 4-8 friends trying out Mordhau. But I think Taiga overall seems to be a pretty good "intro horde map".

Duke 60 165
  • 19 Mar '19
 Lumi

I also wish the items weren't quite so scattered. Trying to build a set of T2 and then T3 armor puts you at great risk of getting pinned.

Duke 60 165
  • 19 Mar '19
 Lumi

The bots, if they get you pinned, will just sit there kick spamming you. This both sucks ass and is funny as hell.

Knight 1269 3811
  • 19 Mar '19
 Frise

@Lumi said:
Trying to build a set of T2 and then T3 armor puts you at great risk of getting pinned.

That's what makes it fun and interesting. If you could just buy them all easily the mode would be even more braindead. Also you can just keep one bot alive and get everything anyway.

Conscript 4564 6302
  • 19 Mar '19
 vanguard

Its a fucking awesome game mode, much more fun than I thought it would be. 10/10 amazing job, this by itself already makes the game worth for me. Mordhau has infinite potential tbh

Knight 1388 3163
  • 19 Mar '19
 Tim_Fragmagnet

EZ change, when the bot count goes down low enough to show their location with icons,
they now sprint to chase you.

Duchess 806 3550
  • 19 Mar '19
 Stouty

It's good you found a casual mode to enjoy but that title alone discredits any complaints you had over BR

1430 2175

Yeah! All your honest feedback and critiques as one of just a few alpha testers are now null and void!

Duchess 806 3550
  • 19 Mar '19
 Stouty

honest feedback

"just delete the mode"

Knight 1269 3811
  • 19 Mar '19
 Frise

@Stouty said:
It's good you found a casual mode to enjoy but that title alone discredits any complaints you had over BR

If somebody says parry should be harder, you say "it's bad for casuals"

As soon as a casual has an opinion, you say this

Duchess 806 3550
  • 20 Mar '19
 Stouty

well frise you got your wish

very enjoyable!