Mordhau

Where is the Team Objective mode? Frontline is boring.

777 1029

@Goatie said:
Yeah I never saw 7v1s off to the side in TO. but in this it's the norm.

Yesh and in Chiv, if you win a 7v1, you've just done your team a lot of good, that is hero shit in TO. You might take an objective, or save one single-handed. But in Mordhau it's normally totally meaningless no matter how many u kill since there are 2 points, and so many players. So Frontline isn't only a bad team gametype, but its not like you can possibly achieve much with solo skill either.....

You can go like 20-1 and be pushed back to your base like a bitch

Which i was totally fine with for a while tbh, killing is what i am here for and it's fun. But after a month of this it'd be nice to have a gametype to go with it

Knight 108 140

@smellycathawk said:

Yeah the map design in Chiv allowed for fewer players to still feel like a massive battle.

Having 64 players adds nothing that 32 players doesn't have aside from poorer average performance, longer spawn times, and longer runs back to the objective.

I guess sometimes 64 players creates an interesting spectacle

My thoughts as well. In Chivalry, team objective maps were generally very well designed and advancing in objectives felt like an achievement. Maps felt action-packed despite half fewer players. In Mordhau as it is, environment feels mostly dull and unengaging and all focus is on fighting other players.

Knight 925 2541
  • 30 May
 Pred

@smellycathawk said:

@Goatie said:
Yeah I never saw 7v1s off to the side in TO. but in this it's the norm.

Yesh and in Chiv, if you win a 7v1, you've just done your team a lot of good, that is hero shit in TO. You might take an objective, or save one single-handed. But in Mordhau it's normally totally meaningless no matter how many u kill since there are 2 points, and so many players. So Frontline isn't only a bad team gametype, but its not like you can possibly achieve much with solo skill either.....

Yeah, this is terrible.

Mowing down waves of enemies is just something to do for personal fun in Mordhau (and it gets boring fast), it barely makes any difference for your team. You can have more impact throwing firebombs behind enemies approaching your point.

Duke 547 907
  • 30 May
 Goatie

Yeah I miss feeling like a hero and not a dispensable thing because my kills mean shit, especially if teammates aren't encouraged naturally to take advantage of the opening I make. It just goes to waste and once novelty of weapons wears off what is there but trying to hero it to pull off a cool play and help the team. You just don't get that feeling In FL.

Empress 361 853
  • 30 May
 Soulcatcher

I honestly don't play it anymore, but Frontline just feels too chaotic.

I will say Grad is probably the best Frontline map. To me it has a good balance of open and indoor/areas you can hide from the projectile filled air. Atleast in comparison to the other maps.

Really do need to reward players defending capture points. I was on Camp on the Blue team and we were pushing the bomb cart in, and for my own curiosity I just paced around the previous capture point

I killed like 30 people over the course of however long I was there, who were trying to sneak around and cap the objective again and prevent us from spawning there. Got swamped by 4 people and died, they capped the objective and all my other team mates flailing themselves at the gates with the ram started spawning further back, and now the entire team is trying to retake the objective I was patiently sitting at on my lonesome for like 20 odd minutes

Not ONE single team mate helped me defend it

Need some incentive to do it, more things to build, more gold or something.

15 7

Change "Frontline" name to "Capture the Point" and finally add a proper Team objective mode. Chivalry was 100 times superior in this.

11 4
  • 30 May
 gttlin

well frontline mode is more of a TDM mode so far i can see only whit more player the point you get fore playing object are lower then if you yust kill 2 players. i agrea that there realy need to add more object to frontline like siege a castle or somting. this frontline mode is yust more like capture the flag.