@wierHL said:

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
:(

What's got you down buddy?

spear not long enough

Knight 365 628
  • 16 Mar
 Snake Skin

Honestly Frontline Objectives would be alot more interesting and intense if they had unique bonusese while being vulnerable with captured. For example Stables heal and respawns horses faster. Another capture point would allow ballistas to be manned which would encourage players to contest that point to disable them. Etc

1059 1697

ALSO, objectives for ticket bonuses or taking away enemy tickets. Burning the farms on the enemy's side of the map (next to a flag ofcourse, so people fight in the same areas.) Killing their villagers for a ticket each or nobles for 3 tickets, etc. 64p chaos with even more chaos.

Also, why don't we push siege towers to enemy's walls or battering rams to enemy gates? Sure we can climb the ladders but crashing the main gate or using a siege tower should be the safest/fastest way to infiltrate an objective. This encourages team play as well, since attackers have chosen to use siege craft instead of climbing the ladders 1 by 1.

I really wanna kill villagers.

Knight 1382 3152
Knight 24 19
  • 16 Mar
 NekoVeil

First impressions, not great.
First, really disappointed that all my loadouts are now broken due to the progression system. IMO, that system should only effect the Horde/BR modes since it's a separate loadout entirely so we can still duel/skirmish/play with bots with our created loadouts. Also, the option to remove or hide the preset loadouts, my armoury screen is cluttered enough as is.

Second, the tutorial is great. Well done! The voice acting and writing is hilarious and teaches everything you need to know except throwing and how other mechanics like toolbox/bandages/crafting/climbing works. Maybe just add a short bit on misc actions?

Third, haven't played much Battle Royal but my first game was horribly laggy and could hardly get items due to the freaking out or spawning incorrectly on my screen (like outside the map or the "hitbox" not matching the visual of the item).

Finally, I just want to say I love this update. Everything seems so well polished and more real. My only real complaint is my first point about the loadout and progression system. If you wish to keep it on the regular loudouts as well as the Horde/BR loudouts, maybe separate the system from the two or just have it linked to each individual game mode?

Duke 83 87
  • 16 Mar
 Elko

What is the point of having a BR loadout? You need to find your gear anyway.

Knight 554 1906
  • 16 Mar
 LuxCandidus

Bug #1: Opening and closing the server browser after dying in BR makes it impossible to select "spectate" or "main menu" from the rewards screen.
Bug #2: Sometimes I connect to a server with an ongoing game and am immediately assigned as a spectator. Others have mentioned having this issue as well.

I really like that you leave as soon as you die, because it results in every match being composed of different players. I do however wish it would automatically queue you for another game as soon as you die, so that you can spectate the current game while waiting to be matched. It feels like an unnecessary hassle to leave and queue up after every single match.

I also find it needless for there to be a loadout dedicated to BR. Here is a better idea - have each player spawn with a randomised appearance, voice, and clothing, as long as the player has unlocked said clothing.

As for the mode itself, I think the circle should converge quicker, and that it should converge on the courtyard, not the actual centre of the map. Sadly what weapon you get matters very little, since most players die in two hits anyway, and since the outcome of a duel is decided too strongly by cheese. Stretching the animations to their limit is still too effective and really undermines the entire idea of having an advantage since you are better equipped than your opponent.

Knight 365 628
  • 16 Mar
 Snake Skin

@NekoVeil said:
First, really disappointed that all my loadouts are now broken due to the progression system. IMO, that system should only effect the Horde/BR modes since it's a separate loadout entirely so we can still duel/skirmish/play with bots with our created loadouts. Also, the option to remove or hide the preset loadouts, my armoury screen is cluttered enough as is.

Second, the tutorial is great. Well done! The voice acting and writing is hilarious and teaches everything you need to know except throwing and how other mechanics like toolbox/bandages/crafting/climbing works. Maybe just add a short bit on misc actions?

Third, haven't played much Battle Royal but my first game was horribly laggy and could hardly get items due to the freaking out or spawning incorrectly on my screen (like outside the map or the "hitbox" not matching the visual of the item).

Finally, I just want to say I love this update. Everything seems so well polished and more real. My only real complaint is my first point about the loadout and progression system. If you wish to keep it on the regular loudouts as well as the Horde/BR loudouts, maybe separate the system from the two or just have it linked to each individual game mode?

I know it's a bit late but you should have made a safecopy of your loadouts .ini file. The reason it resets is because you need to purchase the necessary weapons/armor.

1059 1697

I absolutely hate BR but Mordhau's take on BR has been fun. I don't like that combat often comes down to back and forth kiting until someone decides they're ok with dying or being at the stamina disadvantage from combo-ftp and commits fully.

In BR however, gamepad's short comings stand out even more. There's not enough buttons for me to have all my weapons available without reaching for the keyboard, my Use bind and swap weapon mode bind are bound to the same button and this worked very well for me way way back but now it's not and I have no room for more buttons. When I look at a highlighted object, my player still prefers to swap weapon mode or in today's case, use a bandage instead of picking up a highlighted weapon, climbing the horse or ladder.

I also cannot run away or matrix very well even on max settings because gamepad max sensitivity is set so low.

Chivalry had gamepad sensitivity set high enough that I never once felt at a disadvantage and it overcame limited gamepad buttons by allowing actions/binds to be set to multiple buttons at once. LB+Stab to kick, cycle up and down for multiple weapons and weapon modes, etc. Can these glaring issues be finally addressed?

Before the keyboard nerds show up to heckle, know that I've tried switching to keyboard twice and it doesn't feel right hunching over my keyboard and trying remembering all the buttons on such a long device, etc. There's a reason consoles come with gamepads instead of keyboards. One was designed for gaming another for typing. I would rather use the device made specifically for gaming.

Sellsword 52 73
  • 16 Mar
 --Locke

BR:
I find it sometimes very difficult to locate a single chest while others were already running with gear and proper weapons. Combined with the small size of the map compared to the supposed player scope it makes an unpleasant and short experience each time when you are in bad luck.

Give at least daggers at spawn time so you can defend yourself to a certain extent until you can upgrade. Besides, fist fight feels awkward anyway.

Edit:
By the way, I dislike the idea with the chests (I even wasn't aware they are interactable at the first rounds because you can't open them with E and there's no visual indicator). When I heard about BR in Mordhau I imagined items spread out everywhere, like leaning swords at a wall and collectible stuff lying around in the yard and cabins or open fields etc. and you could decide if it was worth the run to risk an encounter with someone else.

Knight 24 19
  • 16 Mar
 NekoVeil

@Snake Skin said:

@NekoVeil said:

I know it's a bit late but you should have made a safecopy of your loadouts .ini file. The reason it resets is because you need to purchase the necessary weapons/armor.

Never knew about that, tbh. I'll just not touch any of my loadouts until the progression system is finalized.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 16 Mar
 Lincs

BR is fun. Really, really fun. Like Lux mentioned earlier, it's nice that you can leave right after dying, so that the people that were killed in the previous game can start a new one right away. Very efficient. I have a few nitpicks regarding item pickups:

There should be names or tooltips when you highlight and item on the ground. It's extremely hard to distinguish between light/medium armor and the body part it goes on, and when there's foliage or hay on the ground you can't see what you're picking up. Adding names to everything you can pick up would make this all much easier.

Spamming E to pick everything up is extremely annoying. I propose that you bind another key to pick up everything possible in a small radius around the area where the user's cursor is pointing, so that people don't waste as much time E-spamming the ground.

Looking forward to playing horde mode tomorrow!

EDIT: Something else I forgot to mention - most everyone that was on today was complaining about the extremely low amount of gold and XP you got for playing BR, and how it was completely inconsistent. I think we should have a counter that shows what exactly goes into the gold/XP we earn, and also the rates need to be raised a little bit or it'll take forever to be able to buy anything

Knight 1382 3152

horde mode wen

Baron 36 63
  • 17 Mar
 Lamprey

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
horde mode wen

I too desire horde mode. Mostly play against bots anyway because of bad ping. You guys made lots of improvements to the AI as well, so I'm kind of eager to play.

Knight 1382 3152

inb4 horde mode was a lie this whole time

Baron 11 10
  • 17 Mar
 TheUndying

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
inb4 horde mode was a lie this whole time

Obviously BR is alot more important nowadays. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Knight 1382 3152

I was promised horde mode today

1 0
  • 18 Mar
 Elessar

As an alpha player, I was definitely sad when I couldn't use any of my sweet loadouts. But once you think about it for a moment, it makes sense. It would be completely unfair to let the already experienced players start out with ridiculous loadouts that we didn't have to work for, while everyone else has to play for a long time before they could get the same thing. Better to have everyone start on equal footing.

Also, there are no BR loadouts. Everyone starts with nothing and has to find stuff on the map. That's the whole point.

Knight 365 628

Mouse smoothing affects bots in offline matches.
https://youtu.be/rUBA9bt6MZA
Even it it's not that high they will get this insane head bobbing that just drives me mad.
The bots also have this retarded habit of not knowing how to walk around tree stumps.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 18 Mar
 Lincs

This is the ideal male body
20190318173518_1.jpg

You may not like it, but this is what peak physical performance looks like
20190318173531_1.jpg