Mordhau

Stress Test / Beta Build #1 Live!

Duke 5384 12315
  • 15 Mar
 Jax — Community Manager

The focused testing event and beta build #1 are now live! For this weekend you will be able to test some of our newest and most exciting features yet - today, we’re offering Frontline on Camp, tomorrow Battle Royale on Grad, and the day following co-operative Horde on our newest addition to the map pool, Taiga. You can also try out the tutorial by clicking in the news tab on the main menu, which will give you a hefty boost in gold!

In addition, we’re introducing cosmetic progression, the first wave of Kickstarter Backer rewards and many more changes and tweaks. The official soundtrack is now available in game, more voices have been added, and more weapon and armor cosmetics as well!

Please note this update will only be available for the times specified above, as one of the main priorities is to collect specific feedback and gauge official server performance and matchmaking.

See you on the battlefield!

Sellsword 4911 6380

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
yelling while charging alone to an empty battlefield

Conscript 434 990
  • 15 Mar
 ohshitsorry

Will we also need to update the game in following days, or is it all contained in 1 patchie?

Baron 1476 4542
  • 15 Mar
 Lincs

TFW you still have work to do and then you need to pack up and drive home while other people are having fun

Just end me now

Conscript 22 51
  • 15 Mar
 Gryphon

I'm experiencing a bug with the matchmaking/server browser, I'm typing this as feedback if needed!

1) I can't see any server in the server browser tab
2) If I try to get into the matchmaking the game tells me that the server I want to join is full, and it will retry; if I hit cancel I get into a state where I can't queue anymore and still I can't see servers in the server browser!

Sellsword 4911 6380

The tutorial has hilarious humor, very well done lmao.

1 1
  • 15 Mar
 Trikkel

Wish I could play the test

Knight 36 102
  • 15 Mar
 owen

let me keep my shekels

Knight 770 2052
  • 15 Mar
 Pred

Many people will say the same, but I guess I might start - RIP FPS and ping, I get up to 108 ping to Frankfurt from Portugal and FPS drops to low 30s, literally can't do anything in terms of parrying or hitting people, if I muster all my willpower and manage to aim a stab through somebody, it often results in a ghost attack.

Tutorial is pretty funny, especially the trebuchet meme.

Typing in chat seems to bug out when you use a backspace? Have to close and open chat window again to be able to send the message.

Knight 317 1347
  • 15 Mar
 LuxCandidus

The tutorial is excellently paced and covers everything necessary, while also having a lot of charm. Its sense of humour along with some relatively minor changes such as red and blue team having distinct names and emblems gives the game a lot more personality. Now that the lore is starting to encroach upon the game experience, Mordhau is starting to feel far more alive.

I am pleasantly surprised you included an option to see other players without team colours forced upon them. I think this is crucial for a lot of players' experience, but it is incomplete without another option to toggle from the menu - a tiny icon that hovers above teammates. It alleviates the problem of making it difficult to distinguish allies from enemies while still allowing the player to view the creativity of everyone else. And now that there are plenty of hovering icons above things like ammunition crates, and that it is evident they do not take away from the aesthetic of the game, I better not hear excuses about icons over teammates' heads being undesirable for aesthetic purposes.

I must say that even with the FPS nosediving on Frontline, it was still very enjoyable to be present on such a large battlefield with so much chaos. I can see it being a very popular game mode, and it definitely captures the feeling it is trying to create. Great job, everyone.

Knight 770 2052
  • 15 Mar
 Pred

Played a little with bots and there is a bot of Teripper and a few of forum nerds lmao

Knight 1278 2746
Mercenary 975 1755

Ghost hits. Ghost hits everywhere.

Knight 251 512
  • 15 Mar
 wierHL

@Tim_Fragmagnet said:
:(

What's got you down buddy?

Sellsword 4911 6380

I experienced his discontent first hand earlier today, he wasn't very much into frontline.

Also, me and a SA pal couldn't find any servers after some point, idk why. SmokingBobs told me the same not too long ago. The game crashes from time to time too, i sent the respective reports.

Baron 1476 4542
  • 16 Mar
 Lincs

So I played for about 2 hours. It's fun, no doubt. Team fights are close-up and brutal and the back and forth felt very organic. Frontline is definitely a solid piece of work - but either my system or the servers were preventing me from properly enjoying the experience. I was getting both poor connection and low FPS, and the textures on all players and weapon models were blurry despite being set to high initially. I was continuously bottom fragging because every time I joined a large group of people the frames were getting extremely choppy and almost every time I ran up to take a swing at someone it would "float" through or around them.

Might need to upgrade my PC sooner than I anticipated.

330 587
  • 16 Mar
 Snake Skin

I'm somewhat upset of how poorly ballistae manage but my last thread discusses that.

635 1028

Lots of ping, fps issues as stated above, very frustrating to try landing hits as they often pass through doing no damage.

Very cool tutorial, prolly my favorite ever actually. Go and shoot Hans, he's had worse.

I was hoping for much more objective type stuff in the frontline, maybe pushing things to give the attacking team an edge or whatever when attacking a flag etc. Maybe the other FL maps will feature this stuff that made made Chivalry TO so much fun.

Conscript 434 990
  • 16 Mar
 ohshitsorry

Playing games in 30fps prepared me for frontline.

Knight 55 79

@Lionheart Chevalier said:
I was hoping for much more objective type stuff in the frontline, maybe pushing things to give the attacking team an edge or whatever when attacking a flag etc. Maybe the other FL maps will feature this stuff that made made Chivalry TO so much fun.

I was hoping to see carts being pushed, flags carried, and battlements built and demolished more graphically as well. Now taking objecitves felt like just clearing out enemy and standing in a circle. Lots of promise here, just lots of room for improvement.

Because of the size of the map, it's extremely difficult/impossible to defend it with a low player count, the forts having so many access points and whatnot. That said, I'm very much looking forward to a scenario dedicated on defending/attacking a castle!